TSB Bank. Are you having problems from Sunday's migration?

4 minutes ago, Mario666 said:

I also heard however, that under Barclays "Rules" you should close your account(s) when no longer resident in the UK.

Please feel free once again to correct me if this is wrong.

I am a Barclays cusomer, but SHHHHH!:smile::thumbsup:

I am in this shit because of bloody Barclays!! It is all to do with working in Myanmar. Basically I told them where and when I was starting work but my pay never arrived. When I flew back to sort it out they basically said my account was closed, refused to speak to me and walked me to the door!!

Given the amount of time I had available before going back to work my only option was to go next door to TSB where I still had a sleeping account .....

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

I was back in UK  last year and tried moving to the Halifax but the questions started so I quietly withdrew my application...... And with a blink of an eye it was time to fly back.....I shall try again next year..

Regarding the TSB - Over the weekend I tried twice but each time there was a problem with my code word .... I am gonna wait until the end of the week before trying again..

Try HSBC.

Also I would seriously move your account ASAP even maybe to another "Global Bank" abroad if you can't get a UK bank to take you on.

You may have seen in an earlier post (#22)  that I was involved in selling software and systems testing products and services mainly to banks for over 30 years.

Any bank that has gone "Live" with a new application platform that has been 'Down" for so many customers for at least 5 days has serious problems as do the "Winkers" who were responsible for testing and "Rolling Out" the applications at launch.

That is why I gave up trying to sell them (Qualified them out) after a few visits. They had a "Cheapo" mentality and I was selling Premium and Quality services and software. I knew they were too tight to buy.

Admittedly this was some years ago when they were still LLoyds TSB, but it seems their "Cheapo" approach to QA of their business systems has remained.

There are some HUGE QA, competence and integrity problems in ths Dis- "Organistion".

If they FICK- UP this bad how do you rate the security of your personal data with them, let alone your money?

Edited by Mario666
4 minutes ago, Mario666 said:

Try HSBC.

Also I would seriously move your account ASAP even maybe to another "Global Bank" abroad if you can't get a UK bank to take you on.

You may have seen in an earlier post that I was involved in selling software and systems testing products and services mainly to banks for over 30 years.

Any bank that has gone "Live" with a new application platform that has been 'Down" for so many customers for at least 5 days has serious problems as do the "Winkers" who were responsible for testing and "Rolling Out" the applications at launch.

That is why I gave up trying to sell them (Qualified them out) after a few visits. They had a "Cheapo" mentality and I was selling Premium and Quality services and software. I knew they were too tight to buy.

Admittedly this was some years ago when they were still LLoyds TSB, but it seems their "Cheapo" approach to QA of their business systems has remained.

There are some HUGE QA, competence and integrity problems in ths Dis- "Organistion".

If they FICK- UP this bad how do you rate the security of your personal data with them, let alone your money?

Thanks - I shall try HSBC ...

7 minutes ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

Thanks - I shall try HSBC ...

Good luck and please let me/us know how you get on.

I am sure there are many people in your shoes.

I am also with Barclays and really don't like them for many reasons so having a "Backup Account" with a proper Bank (I have a KTB account here) would be reassuring.:smile::thumbsup:

Edited by Mario666
25 minutes ago, Mario666 said:

Good luck and please let me/us know how you get on.

I am sure there are many people in your shoes.

I am also with Barclays and really don't like them for many reasons so having a "Backup Account" with a proper Bank (I have a KTB account here) would be reassuring.:smile::thumbsup:

We have gone off subject now but I hope this post isn't deleted .. but yeh I ended up getting paid for my work in Myanmar into my Kasikorn account - bloody obvious choice really...If Barclays had been straight with me in the beginning..

15 minutes ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

We have gone off subject now but I hope this post isn't deleted .. but yeh I ended up getting paid for my work in Myanmar into my Kasikorn account - bloody obvious choice really...If Barclays had been straight with me in the beginning..

Yeh....I don't get it with Barclays.....or many other UK banks.

Why don't they want to keep you as customers just because you move abroad?

Agree about "Off Topic" now.

Maybe you could PM me when you get a result or not with HSBC or another bank?

I've been attempting to pay my TSB Mastercard these last few days without any success.

I can access the site no problem but when I enter my password to confirm payment it tells me that it's incorrect even though it's the same password I used to enter the TSB site in the first place.

• Thanks 1

This is only the start of much worse ahead. I promise you!

It almost makes me wish I was back selling testing software and services again....almost!

In the early days of the web I used to collect what I called "E-Commerce Horror Stories" which were examples of where Financial institutions had launched their online applications without proper function or "Load Testing" which then failed publicly and miserably costing the companies millions in revenue and potential future custom.

One or the stories was about when Prudential launched their online application with the Brand Name "Egg". In the few days leading up to the Launch they did a massive advertising campaign across all media.

On the day of launch so many people tried to register in the first couple of minutes it "Crashed" as it simply could not handle the "Load".

'Scrambled egg" and "egg on face" for the Pru. They had to suspend the launch for several weeks which cost them millions in revenue and loss of confidence.

If people were delaying their decision to purchase I would simply send them this bunch of stories.....It was amazing how quickly they decided to proceed. This story would be "Gold Dust" to me....Literally!

3 hours ago, maechanman said:

I've been attempting to pay my TSB Mastercard these last few days without any success.

I can access the site no problem but when I enter my password to confirm payment it tells me that it's incorrect even though it's the same password I used to enter the TSB site in the first place.

I had exactly the same thing over the weekend..!!!

So, Here is the latest as of this morning..

1. I am not receiving my OTP for setting up a new recipient (Transferwise).... The number was correct and used before..

2. I decided to revert to my normal method of transferring to my Kasikorn account. 3 tries were all unsuccessful..

3. I called TSB UK and was put on hold for 15 minutes before I gave up ... but whilst on hold the machine said no fees for credit and debit cards for May..

So I intend to use my TSB Visa Debit or TSB Mastercard Credit cards to get cash here in Pattaya...The TSB voice said it's free!!

Any advice on which card to use and which Banks' ATM I should go to get cash out..???.. I will try 10,000 first and see what happens..

On 30/04/2018 at 9:47 AM, Mario666 said:

Try HSBC.

They closed my business account on me leaving me in real deep shit even though I had been a good customer and never in seven years been a penny over drawn... would not recommend them even to my worst enemy. 

• Thanks 1

This is bad for many customers.

I was a customer of the TSB when it was owned by it's customers, remember when you could go to the ATM and see ones balance in real time unlike the other UK banks that could only show one the balance of the night before.

This is not that bank, just the part of Lloyd's they ditched, and had no interest in the migration going right as unfortunately many disgruntled TSB customers will be going back to Lloyd's :sad:

One thing for sure is if you consider the Multi £Million fines by the regulators on other banks when things went wrong and in comparison to this they were trivial I doubt the TSB can survive. :sad: