Tragedy as 16 year old hangs herself from Banyan Tree on Facebook Live

webfact

1 hour ago, kickstart said:

Yes this is Thailand ,and a lot of things are  still taboo  sex, menstruation , and I am afraid  suicide is  in they , that is why they are no counseling, as we know it ,and she left hospital, to fend for herself her family could not help ,as they would not know what to do,no one to give her counseling 

One of the many things in Thailand us farangs do not understand is  Thai culture, and when will things change, not in my lifetime for certain.

If they were no facebook, would she have done what she did, it was certainly a cry for help.

I noticed TV put the in the links to the Samaritans, my late father was a Samaritan councilor thay do a lot of good.

RIP poor lass.

I don't believe any of this. Perhaps some families may fall into your generalization, but I doubt most would. That's not Thai culture. Caring Thai families whose children have just attempted to commit suicide would not be standing idly by with their fingers crossed hoping they don't try again. If you believe that, you've been hanging out with the wrong people.

13 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

How cruel life can be when a child wants to end it at sixteen  RIP.  

The idea of reincarnation must make suicide an easy option for Thais I think. Hence the frequency of Thai women killing themselves during an argument.

I wish Thais valued life a little more, their own included.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, alation said:

Rest in peace young lady my prayer is that you knew or reached out to Jesus inside your last breath my condolences to your family 

She has probably never heard of jesus - maybe jesus should be reaching out to troubled people rather than the other way round?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Davmaac said:

She has probably never heard of jesus - maybe jesus should be reaching out to troubled people rather than the other way round?

+1 ?

6 hours ago, alation said:

Rest in peace young lady my prayer is that you knew or reached out to Jesus inside your last breath my condolences to your family 

What does Jesus have to do with whether she reaches Nirvana or is reincarnated again?

Surely you should be hoping that she made enough merit for her next life to be a good one?

Edited by BangkokReady

10 hours ago, tropo said:

The blame for this tragedy rests with the medical staff who saved her the first time she tried to kill herself. She should have been given counselling under very close supervision.

You can't blame anyone she was mental ill 

But when I say this I feel sad for the young people never learn real love this generation live in a fantasy world where online is their life style remember when we was young life go slowly 

RIP 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

What does Jesus have to do with whether she reaches Nirvana or is reincarnated again?

Surely you should be hoping that she made enough merit for her next life to be a good one?

Making merit is nonsense, tho

15 minutes ago, Henrik Andersen said:

You can't blame anyone she was mental ill 

But when I say this I feel sad for the young people never learn real love this generation live in a fantasy world where online is their life style remember when we was young life go slowly 

RIP 

I can blame a lot of people. For starters her parents, then her handlers at the hospital... shall I go on?

You're pretty naive to be making a diagnosis of mental illness based on a teenage love affair and all the crazy emotions that they entail. She's was still a child and had a lot to learn about life. That's where family comes in - to help guide them. These tragedies have been going on since the dawn of mankind and are not just a recent problem. Yes, Facebook and modern technology brought the story to us, but it was incidental and not the cause of her death. Facebook has actually helped mankind here. People will learn from this.

Take a step back into memory lane and when you were 16. I'm pretty sure many things you did could be confused with mental illness too, expect you had a pass at the time - you were still a child. This girl will never have a chance to look back on her silly childhood years and laugh at all the stupid things she did.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

Not all countries have the resources to administer such an advanced regime.  In a perfect world, yes!!! Poor lass.  All sorts of aspects could have pushed her on such a sad direction.

Sorry, but this country does but not to improve them.  Simply put, its not a good place for someone needing help and assistance for depressive issues.

Edited by carmine

14 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

Love problems with 16 or 60. Result to commit suicide is the same. In both cases a lack of education. 

Ridiculous assumption. If that was the case all swathes of counties with a less than perfect education system would have millions of people taking their own lives.

RIP young lady, just happy you can't see some of the rubbish being posted on here.

• Thanks 1

The blame for this tragedy rests with the medical staff who saved her the first time she tried to kill herself. She should have been given counselling under very close supervision.
Absolutely. The Thai medical system is flush with social programs, government support and ease of dealing with mental health issues, especially teens who easily accept the wide range of treatment available.

Letting a 16-year-old who just tried to commit suicide run around free is a bit much though, in any country. Was she that alone?
Yes. Rigjt. Should have been locked in a room to prevent her from running around free. Try controlling a teenager with mental health issues. You have no idea how mental illness affects people nor what might help a person suffering with it.

15 minutes ago, jerojero said:
On 4/27/2018 at 3:37 PM, tropo said:
Letting a 16-year-old who just tried to commit suicide run around free is a bit much though, in any country. Was she that alone?

Yes. Rigjt. Should have been locked in a room to prevent her from running around free. Try controlling a teenager with mental health issues. You have no idea how mental illness affects people nor what might help a person suffering with it.

Who or what is Rigjt?

There's no need to be stupid about this. Locking people up is not the only way to supervise and help mentally depressed people, although it would have been preferable to the outcome.  

On 27/4/2561 at 11:23 PM, BangkokReady said:

Sex and menstruation are in no way taboo in Thailand. They are more comfortable talking about them than most Western people.

As you know Thailand has a problem with teenage pregnancies, the TV  staff has put up many articles about the subject, and taboo often comes into the conversation, and farang teachers say schools do not do enough about sex education, and relationships and taboo often come up.

Maybe living in a city they may be more open about talking about sex, but in rural areas, which a lot of Thailand still is subjects like sex and relationships are talked about a lot less, in some cases if ever.

This girl was in Ratchaburi province  a fairly  rural province if she was in a large town/ city she could have found someone to help her.    

On 28/04/2018 at 2:25 AM, BangkokReady said:

Everything absolutely Everything