Phone internet access

banglay

Dtac just SMS with a special  offer 10Mbps unlimited internet (no capping applies) for 7 days auto recurring 199 Baht .I think I'll give it a 7 day trail to see if it meets my requirements. 

Already quite impressed with the 1Mbps unlimited offer everything streaming nicely I'am very surprised no bufferring  to speak of (just the first few seconds the picture quality can be a bit pixelated then it's OK)

Edited by banglay
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, banglay said:

Dtac just SMS with a special  offer 10Mbps unlimited internet (no capping applies) for 7 days auto recurring 199 Baht .I think I'll give it a 7 day trail to see if it meets my requirements. 

Already quite impressed with the 1Mbps unlimited offer everything streaming nicely I'am very surprised no bufferring  to speak of (just the first few seconds the picture quality can be a bit pixelated then it's OK)

That isn't a special offer. It's the normal price.

912 baht per 30 days is no bargain. Plus they have the audacity to count the day you subscribe as a whole day.

I used it when they had the double speed offer, 20 Mbps. But it's not good value for 10 Mbps.

Pay attention to what has been already posted.

3 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

That isn't a special offer. It's the normal price.

912 baht per 30 days is no bargain. Plus they have the audacity to count the day you subscribe as a whole day.

I used it when they had the double speed offer, 20 Mbps. But it's not good value for 10 Mbps.

Pay attention to what has been already posted.

Cheers :-)   can you please tell me where to find the best offer ? (Server,Mbps and price etc.) .this is why I opened this post ,any constructive advice very much appreciated 

19 hours ago, banglay said:

Update :-   I have just paid for a unlimited internet (Dtac ) at 1Mbps  100 baht for 5 days ...just to see what I can stream etc and the very lowest end Mbps....quite surprised  Youtube streamed and was at a good quality ....streamed live TV from the UK and again good quality and no buffering ....tried KODI but to slow of a bandwidth to work ....

Next I'll try 5Mbps  and keep going up until I find what works best for me .

But I think ToT supplying my internet to my home is a thing of the past ...I will be going totally 4G ... Bye bye  WIFI router... hello smart phone connectivity for me ...

100 baht for five days?? 

The price should be 107 baht for seven days(*104*378*9#), though they cheat you by counting the day you subscribe as the first whole day. Bad practice.

Their next package up is 4 Mbps, not 5 Mbps and is priced at 535 baht per 30 days(*104*388*9#)

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/net-no-limit.html

2 minutes ago, banglay said:

Cheers :-)   can you please tell me where to find the best offer ? (Server,Mbps and price etc.) .this is why I opened this post ,any constructive advice very much appreciated 

Have already done so. You need to test a SIM from AIS to see the speeds attained in your location.

17 hours ago, NutsMango said:

A condo where I stay for couple of weeks doesn't have wifi so I bought 6Mbps from True.

I didn't expect much, but it is as good as any other connection I had before in Thailand. Only torrent download doesn't work.

It can. Find another way...

In addition, you missed their 10 Mbps promo. 

10 Mbps over seven days 214 baht

10 Mbps over thirty days 588.50 baht

But you had to subscribe by the 30th of April.

Edited by KneeDeep

11 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Have already done so. You need to test a SIM from AIS to see the speeds attained in your location.

I have 2 phones ..one Dtac (3G only in my area)  and one AIS (1 2 call 4G) But at this point I am just try to find what is the minimum Mbps for my requirement  ...after that I will decide which server I want to use ...At this point I'm not really bothered about the price of 3 days internet it's just a fact finding deal for me

1 minute ago, banglay said:

I have 2 phones ..one Dtac (3G only in my area)  and one AIS (1 2 call 4G) But at this point I am just try to find what is the minimum Mbps for my requirement  ...after that I will decide which server I want to use ...At this point I'm not really bothered about the price of 3 days internet it's just a fact finding deal for me

But I already told you the best deal, since post #5. For that you need to test your AIS SIM. 

Here in the jungle outside Phitsanulok, I have 3BB ADSL, fiber has not reached us yet, and I am 200 metres too far away from the box for VDSL. I get 15Mb/s unlimited for Bht 699 per month incl VAT. Very few problems except in very heavy storms when the power goes off or a pole gets knocked down. 

12 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

It can. Find another way...

In addition, you missed their 10 Mbps promo. 

10 Mbps over seven days 214 baht

10 Mbps over thirty days 588.50 baht

But you had to subscribe by the 30th of April.

I know I missed the promo. But other than downloading larger files I don't think there would be improvement.

I'm really surprised how fast and responsive it is.

I tried VPN for torrent but still doesn't work. Quite possible the VPN doesn't allow torrents too.

14 hours ago, NutsMango said:

I know I missed the promo. But other than downloading larger files I don't think there would be improvement.

I'm really surprised how fast and responsive it is.

I tried VPN for torrent but still doesn't work. Quite possible the VPN doesn't allow torrents too.

If you are utilising Torrents then of course there would be an improvement, location permitting.

But since you missed the promo it's not worth discussing. I haven't tested the promo code to see if it still works.

They still have 10 Mbps available, but it's just more expensive.

As I told you, there are other ways to work with Torrents. A Seedbox, for an example.