Ping River Dinner Cruises

SwaziBird

Am expecting visiting family in mid-Feb. Want to take them for a "different" dining experience. Once went on this cruise for Loi Krathong festivities. That was a memorable experience. Any opinions on just a regular ( mid-February , Monday night ) dinner/cruise ?

Will appreciate your input.

Thanks.

Cheers

I think its about 500 B per head, goes from riverside resturant.

But i heard you have the meal while tied up outside the resturant then go for a cruise, havnt done it myself tho'.

You pay 80 or 90 baht a head for the cruise, and normal prices from the menu, the food will be served during the cruise or before, per request.

I think its about 500 B per head, goes from riverside resturant.

But i heard you have the meal while tied up outside the resturant then go for a cruise, havnt done it myself tho'.

You pay 80 or 90 baht a head for the cruise, and normal prices from the menu, the food will be served during the cruise or before, per request.

We had a very pleasant main dish from a fairly extensive menu ( Thai ) for about 150 baht p.p. It certainly wasn't expensive .

My original posting was to see if there was likely to be a let down given that our only previous dinner cruise was on a very special occassion ( Loy Krathong ).

I guess I'll just go for it again and hope that it will be just as pleasant without the "whistles and bells" of the Festival.

But , please, if you have any opinions , please post them. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Am expecting visiting family in mid-Feb. Want to take them for a "different" dining experience. Once went on this cruise for Loi Krathong festivities. That was a memorable experience. Any opinions on just a regular ( mid-February , Monday night ) dinner/cruise ?

Will appreciate your input.

Thanks.

Cheers

Made it to the Ping River-cruise dinner last night.

Need to book ahead. Need to arrive by 7.00 p.m. Once the trip commences all further food and drink service ends ( for obvious reasons ).

Very extensive menu of both Thai and Western dishes with good English translations.

All 4 of us thought our Thai dishes were delicious . Most Thai dishes up to about 100 baht each. Drinks , standard prices.

Cost of cruise itself, a mere 90 baht.

All up a delightful cruise and great food and an escape from the noisy, bad-serviced, and often overpriced restaurants.

Have no hesitataion in recommending this delightful dining experience.

Cheers