What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Tv series - Mammon

A cracking 6 part crime series (with subtitles) from Norway.
Quite complex at times but well worth the journey.

IMDB: A newspaper journalist revealing fraud in a large multinational company, finds his family involved, ruining his career,
family relations, and entangles him in a following mystery.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 2

A couple of Movies you might consider passing over...

400 Days

Low budget sci fi/thriller style movie. A group of wanna be astronauts agree to spend 400 days locked up in a space craft in a simulation exercise for a private company. But is it really a simulation?? After about 5 minutes of this movie you are unlikely to care. Poor script, poor acting, though it has a few recognisable fringe actors,. a movie budget built on the goodwill of friends and a few thousand dollars... 2/10

The Last Witchhunter

Vin Diesel shows us his lack of versatility as an actor and plays the same character he has played in nearly all his other movies. He is just getting older and seemingly taller. It was a run off between him and Tom Cruise for the Jack Reacher role, with Tom winning through his superior height. Anyway, in this movie, he was cursed by a witch about 800 years previously and cannot die. Now he is the policeman of witches and must stop the evil witch from resurrecting and taking over the world. I'd recommend this one for any long haul flight where you like to fall asleep while watching a movie. 1/10

Thanks for that. 1/10? I'm shuddering...

• Like 1

Tv series - The Protectors

This Danish show has 2 seasons, each with 10 episodes.

Two episodes in and so far it's pretty good.
This one also has subs.

IMDB: The Danish national police branch PET is in charge of personal protection, mainly of politicians
and royal family. That also involves preventive work concerning terrorism, stalking etcetera.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 2

Two episodes in and so far it's pretty good.

This one also has subs.

IMDB: The Danish national police branch PET is in charge of personal protection, mainly of politicians

and royal family. That also involves preventive work concerning terrorism, stalking etcetera.

I'm also liking this one. It was done in 2009 & 2010. Only 2 series unfortuneatly

• Like 2

Saw this new Netflix comedy Master of None. It's with Aziz Anzari (I think, that's the one from "Parks and Recreations"). It's a bit like "Louie" and also not funny.

Why do they so often categorize a show as comedy when it is clearly not? In case somebody watches it and makes it to episode 2, could you please let me know whether it becomes better (doubt it, though)?

• Like 2

I really enjoy the Impractical Jokers US TV series. Bunch of blokes go out in public and have to interact with people following instructions from their mates via a hidden earpiece. There's great chemistry between the team and some real LOL moments. At the end of the show the loser has to face a "punishment" and a particular favourite was where the losers had to get a tattoo which they couldn't see until it was finished suggested by the winner. One guy had a tattoo of Will Smith's son Jaden's face on his leg and his reaction was priceless.

• Like 1

Tv series - Mammon

A cracking 6 part crime series (with subtitles) from Norway.

Quite complex at times but well worth the journey.

IMDB: A newspaper journalist revealing fraud in a large multinational company, finds his family involved, ruining his career,

family relations, and entangles him in a following mystery.

Good shout.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

I have loads of things to watch ,so I was really hoping that I was not going to like Ash vs the evil dead as I was so so on episode 1,just watched episode 2 ,damn,lucky its only 29 minutes long, wonder how many episodes to go ,LOL

I don't know. Ash's humble comments show some wit. But the generous splattering is sometimes killing the otherwise light mood, I'd say.

Anyway, it's the Saturday... Let's <deleted> follow this one to it's glorious ending. smile.png

• Like 1

Jekyll & Hyde (ITV Iplayer; written by Charlie Higson)

10-part drama set in 1930s London focusing on Robert Jekyll, the grandson of the original doctor. The show will follow Robert Jekyll's quest to discover his real identity and the true nature of his family's cursed history.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4224588/

Edited by evadgib

Tv series - Prison: The First and Last 24 Hours

Two episodes into this 8 part series and I'm finding it quite interesting.

Summary: A new documentary series for SKY 1 that follows convicted criminals on the two most important days of any sentence: the first and the last 24 hours.

With unprecedented access to four Scottish prisons, including HMP Barlinnie in Glasgow, each programme follows new inmates as they go through the

nerve-wracking process of being admitted into jail to begin their sentences.

• Like 2

Just watched 2nd episode of the detectorists,I really like "gentle"comedy,any others anyone can think of ,without canned laughter ?

I found Car Share, which has been mentioned on here to be really funny.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4635922/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Thanks,I did try it just not keen on Peter Kay,don't find him funny,but thanks again

• Like 1

I saw one episode and felt the production values looked a bit dated….which put me off…..but maybe Im being too picky.

It's on the hard drive ….for a rainy day.

If you like this show….. try Den Som Draeber (Those Who Kill)…..superb series….available at the usual places.

There is a US remake of Those Who Kill which needs to be avoided like the plague.

• Like 2

Seeing all these great and highly appreciated posts about British and Scandinavian TV-shows, I remembered an ITV five-parter from 2009: Collision.

It's a about a major traffic accident, one of the kind that you read about in the newspaper or even see it on the news. The following police investigation reveals the different fates of those involved and how it came to the disaster with various fatalities. Very realistically, it showed that such accidents must be treated like crime scenes. I liked it very much at the time and it's available on YouTube.

Edit:

Just saw, that Patsycat mentioned it some time ago. Well, as a reminder then smile.png

Thanks for this one Patsycat and Jopes.

Just finished it and really enjoyed it.

• Like 2

Tv series - Dag

I discovered this little gem the other day.

It's a bit different and really funny.

There are 4 seasons but I could only find season 1 with subtitles.

Do yourself a favour and have a look at this one.

IMDB: Dag is a Norwegian comedy series about a marriage counselor who think people should live in solitude.

He hates spending time with other people, except from his friend Benedict who is struggling to be faithful in his own relationship.

Dags life changes when his well-meaning sister, Marianne, forces him to go on his nineteenth blind-date with her old childhood friend, Eva.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1711386/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl

Fantastic Fest 2015 Review: DAG Delivers A Bleakly Hilarious Take On Life And Love

http://twitchfilm.com/2015/09/fantastic-fest-2015-review-dag-delivers-a-bleakly-hilarious-take-on-life-and-love.html

For those interested, seasons 2 & 3 with subs are now available.

FWIW, it's the funniest show I've seen in ages.

• Like 1

Started watching Agent X. First impression is not too bad. Somehow, it has this absurd, slightly over the top, James Bond Style. Could be fun...

You're a braver man than I am jopes.

When I read that sharon Stone was VP of America, I just couldn't

bring myself to watch ittongue.png

• Like 1