What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Tv series - London Spy

This ones a 5 part series that started this week.

Found the first 40 odd minutes dreadfully slow, although it picked up towards the end.

I won't be continuing with this one.

Also, I'm not homophobic but there was far too many naked guy's bums for my liking grin.gif

IMDB: Story of a chance romance between two people from very different worlds, one from the headquarters
of the Secret Intelligence Service, the other from a world of clubbing and youthful excess.

• Like 1

Tv series - London Spy

This ones a 5 part series that started this week.

Found the first 40 odd minutes dreadfully slow, although it picked up towards the end.

I won't be continuing with this one.

Also, I'm not homophobic but there was far too many naked guy's bums for my liking grin.gif

IMDB: Story of a chance romance between two people from very different worlds, one from the headquarters

of the Secret Intelligence Service, the other from a world of clubbing and youthful excess.

Well I did give it a try but only managed about 15 minutes,then the boredom set in

• Like 2

Started watching Agent X. First impression is not too bad. Somehow, it has this absurd, slightly over the top, James Bond Style. Could be fun...

You're a braver man than I am jopes.

When I read that sharon Stone was VP of America, I just couldn't

bring myself to watch ittongue.png

Well, I did call it absurd for a reason.smile.png

But for me Sharon Stone is no problem, Katherine Heigl would be.. (she's not playing, is she?).

• Like 2

Started watching Agent X. First impression is not too bad. Somehow, it has this absurd, slightly over the top, James Bond Style. Could be fun...

But for me Sharon Stone is no problem, Katherine Heigl would be.. (she's not playing, is she?).

I seem to remember Ronald Regan played the president of America in a long running soapie.

I gave the first episode a watch and it was okay. A few well known faces. Basic plot.Super secret organisation protects America and its freedoms. One individual super hero agent saves the day. ..I am presuming again and again and again.. Episode ends well for the Hero's side...not so well for the baddies.

• Like 2

I seem to remember Ronald Regan played the president of America in a long running soapie.

I gave the first episode a watch and it was okay. A few well known faces. Basic plot.Super secret organisation protects America and its freedoms. One individual super hero agent saves the day. ..I am presuming again and again and again.. Episode ends well for the Hero's side...not so well for the baddies.

Ronald Reagan had a brief appearance in the last episode of Fargo (played by Bruce Cambell = "Ash" from "Ash vs. Evil Dead"). Not the "Evil Empire"-speech, so it took me a few seconds until I realized who was talking. Found the meeting in the men's room rather funny. Frank Underwood couldn't have done it better.

Tv series - Mammon

A cracking 6 part crime series (with subtitles) from Norway.

Quite complex at times but well worth the journey.

IMDB: A newspaper journalist revealing fraud in a large multinational company, finds his family involved, ruining his career,

family relations, and entangles him in a following mystery.

yep just finished series one, and a well constructed drama, however and this isnt the first Scandinavian drama i've found

this with,that the resolution actually work? what do i mean?, the terror the killing of their kids and the general mayhem, cos of some insider dealing

really? still overall enjoyable.

• Like 2

Tv series - Dag

I discovered this little gem the other day.

It's a bit different and really funny.

There are 4 seasons but I could only find season 1 with subtitles.

Do yourself a favour and have a look at this one.

IMDB: Dag is a Norwegian comedy series about a marriage counselor who think people should live in solitude.

He hates spending time with other people, except from his friend Benedict who is struggling to be faithful in his own relationship.

Dags life changes when his well-meaning sister, Marianne, forces him to go on his nineteenth blind-date with her old childhood friend, Eva.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1711386/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl

Fantastic Fest 2015 Review: DAG Delivers A Bleakly Hilarious Take On Life And Love

http://twitchfilm.com/2015/09/fantastic-fest-2015-review-dag-delivers-a-bleakly-hilarious-take-on-life-and-love.html

For those interested, seasons 2 & 3 with subs are now available.

FWIW, it's the funniest show I've seen in ages.

Downloaded all 3 seasons, wouldn't call it wildly hilarious, mildy amusing at best, but everyone has a different sense of humour.

• Like 1

A new series with Shaun Bean just started The Frankenstein Chronicles ,its not bad and of course very PC as his sidekick is black and as we all know there were loads of black detectives in Victorian England , biggrin.png in modern days ,no problem ,but why oh why do they have to change history?whistling.gif

Absolutely Anything. This one is a bit of a dog really. IMDB gives it 6/10 and Rotten Tomatoes gives it 11%. There are some laughs, mainly with Robin Williams voice of the dog. A couple of scenes reminded me of watching the low budget Goodies TV show.

This film follows a disillusioned school teacher who suddenly finds he has the ability to do anything he wishes, a challenge bestowed upon him by a group of power-crazed aliens, watching him from space. As he struggles to deal with these new found powers and the events that subsequently arise, he calls upon his loyal canine companion Dennis to help him along the way. Mishap after mishap finally leads him to the ultimate conundrum that all men dread and at which many have failed...should he choose the girl...or the dog...?

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/absolutely_anything/

• Like 2

Tv series - Secret Spaces Escapes

This 8 parter started this week. Space travel isn't usually something I'd go out of my way
to watch, but I thought this was fascinating.

Summary: What’s it like to leave earth to explore the unknown? How does it feel to be in space? What happens when you’re in space and something goes terribly wrong? Science Channel’s SECRET SPACE ESCAPES reveals terrifying accidents, fights for survival, and stories of close calls and near misses by the astronauts who survived them. This all-new series offers chilling accounts of the challenges of space exploration as told only by the explorers who lived them and the men and women in mission control who helped each team avert disaster.

• Like 1

A new series with Shaun Bean just started The Frankenstein Chronicles ,its not bad and of course very PC as his sidekick is black and as we all know there were loads of black detectives in Victorian England , biggrin.png in modern days ,no problem ,but why oh why do they have to change history?whistling.gif

Now that you mention it, was watching Cuffs last night (BBC) and the main cop is coloured, his offsider is gay, the other cop

is a lesbian and a road traffic accident victim was transgendered.

The Beeb had all of the bases coveredtongue.png

cheesy.gif

• Like 1

I rather enjoyed the mens bums!! But it was boring, the guy seemed to be reading his lines off a bit of paper.

One that may not hit the interested note for you guys is Flesh and Bone. About ballet. There are some female naked bits in it!! And a few bum shots too!!

But beside that, a good storyline and excellent acting. And another British actor who does a mean American accent.

Been wondering about flesh and bone, i'll give it a whirl now .

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

If you like music and music quizes.

Watch - Bring the Noise. Found on the usual places. I really loved it. Great fun!!

I cleaned out my downloads bit off my laptop the other day, to make more memory room.

2,000 downloads in six months. Sad, sad sad. What can i say? I am addicted to tv series, then come along the reality shows, then the cookery shows etc. and a couple of books!!! And some good movies.

I forget when i zap them from utorrent, they stay there in the download file.

Anyway, try Bring the Noise.

• Like 1

Found a great Palestinian Film "Borrowed Identity" on Genesis.great english subs embedded too.

Story of a sensitive non violent and intelligent arab kid growing up in Israel.beautifully observed and a nice surprise ending.

PS. When you search on genesis the cover will say Mon Fils which I guess is the name it released under in francehow bizarre. The original title is far more appropriate.

guys guys guys,i keep on about it but this is a truly great site it had about a 100 different links for this film,,

http://www.alluc.ee/

oh excellent film by the way

+1 for Alluc... My #1 site for streaming stuff (tend to watch things on my IPad so downloading is a non-starter)

• Like 1

Tv series - Mammon

A cracking 6 part crime series (with subtitles) from Norway.

Quite complex at times but well worth the journey.

IMDB: A newspaper journalist revealing fraud in a large multinational company, finds his family involved, ruining his career,

family relations, and entangles him in a following mystery.

well done sir, a recommendation worth following up. many thanks

• Like 1

Found a great Palestinian Film "Borrowed Identity" on Genesis.great english subs embedded too.

Story of a sensitive non violent and intelligent arab kid growing up in Israel.beautifully observed and a nice surprise ending.

PS. When you search on genesis the cover will say Mon Fils which I guess is the name it released under in francehow bizarre. The original title is far more appropriate.

guys guys guys,i keep on about it but this is a truly great site it had about a 100 different links for this film,,

http://www.alluc.ee/

oh excellent film by the way

+1 for Alluc... My #1 site for streaming stuff (tend to watch things on my IPad so downloading is a non-starter)
Thb unless you want to watch on the move can't see the point in downloading. its sort of time consuming data eating and tBh 9 out of 10 it just ends up as another file to delete. Saying this i wanted to re watch 'bon bon el perro ' and couldn't find it , but generally films are stored somewhere to be streamed.

Oh alluc has been topish of the best streaming site charts for an age, the rest seem to regularily and quickly get banned but they can't seem to touch alluc maybe cos its just a search engine and the not so bright lawyers can't figure out on what grounds to ban it. <deleted>!!! :D

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit
  • Like 1