What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Tv series - Marseille

Half way through this 8 part series from France and enjoying it.

IMDB: A tale of power, corruption and redemption set against the rich backdrop of the French port city of Marseille.

• Like 2

Looks good...thanks.

Can't find any torrents for it.

I did find a very good quality one on…errr….rhymes with 'hat'….and a link in the comments to some good subs as well.

However Im streaming it via SALTS in 720p and embedded subs….what more can you ask for?

Looks good...thanks.

I did find a very good quality one on…errr….rhymes with 'hat'….and a link in the comments to some good subs as well.

However Im streaming it via SALTS in 720p and embedded subs….what more can you ask for?

If you mean KAT, I only see a couple of torrents with Polish voiceover.

Tv series - Marseille

Not sure my screen is wide enough for M. Depardieu.

But this series is supposed to be good.

biggrin.png

He has really blown out.

Looks absolutely massive.

I've finished the series and thought it was good.

Looks good...thanks.

1 to 8s on alluc all ready for streaming with the choice of suppliers

Watched X-Men Apocalypse at the Imax (3D) last night & (surprisingly) really enjoyed it [emoji106]

2hrs 25mins long but it's fair moving so the time flew by.

+1

Entertaining and it didn't seem like two and a half hours.

• Like 1

Hardcore Henry has very good reviews, but I got bored with it after 20 minutes, was like watching a video game.

I made it to 25 minutes............................tongue.png

Might give it another spin later in a different frame of mind.

30 Degrees in February (Dysfunctional Swedes in Phuket)

This show is a bit difficult to find and collect all ten episodes, but worth it. It features three loosely connected stories of Swedes having a hard time in the LOS, mostly due to their own ignorance and willfulness.

1.) Glenn is a naive fat and homely guy who comes to Phuket, looking for "love" in all the wrong places. It is positively painful watching him do exactly everything one must not do, in the area of Thai/Farang relationships.

2.) Swedish mom returns to her favorite beachside resort. Finds it is for sale, and buys it, seemingly not knowing that such a transaction is legally impossible under Thai law. Gets into a war with her next door neighbor, makes life hell for her kids.

3.) Saddest case of all, middle aged Majlis and her dictatorial, invalid husband spend a few unhappy days at a resort. An accident seems to afford her an exit from her miserable life, and she takes it.

The Phuket scenery is lovely, and the stories are well written, and mostly realistic. Many good performances, especially by Thai cast members. This is a joint Thai/Swedish production, and I enjoyed it very much.

TEN...Moral: Don't propose marriage to the first bar girl you meet.

• Like 1

I went to see Warcraft yesterday as my partner wanted to go see it, I wouldn't rush out and buy it

Also seen Mr Right which was not a bad watch

'bloodline' is back on netflix for a second series

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/bloodline/?search=bloodline

2 v LONG episodes, 55 mins !!!! in and atm, unfortunately stale comes to mind ,,, i'm gonna give it another episode and call it a day if it doesn't pick up, any one further in? ,, worth persevering ?

That's a shame.

I wondered how season 2 would go without the excellent Ben Mendelsohn.

Tv series - The Disappearance

A really good start to this 8 part series from France.
The first 2 episodes (with) subs are available.

Summary: Set in Lyon, the French version traces the increasing trauma of the Morel family who fall apart when their 17-year-old daughter fails to return home from a night out.
As the hours pass and the police investigation builds, The Disappearance explores every parent’s worst nightmare. There are similarities to Broadchurch in that the lead detective
has a complicated backstory while the family members and friends each appear to be hiding something.

• Like 1

'bloodline' is back on netflix for a second series

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/bloodline/?search=bloodline

2 v LONG episodes, 55 mins !!!! in and atm, unfortunately stale comes to mind ,,, i'm gonna give it another episode and call it a day if it doesn't pick up, any one further in? ,, worth persevering ?

That's a shame.

I wondered how season 2 would go without the excellent Ben Mendelsohn.

Yeah, looking bac, mendlesons strong interpretation of the big brother was the key in the the first series, seems there's room for another 'tour de Force' by someone else, but tbh unless they intro' a new charecter can't see anyone strengthening their charecters enough to significantly improve the show, but we'll see.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I thought Bloodline was pretty slow in first season but just about held together by a couple of good performances. It took it's time getting to where it was going. Will give 2nd series a chance but will not stick around unless it really grabs me and early reviews don't point to a lot of grabbing

Probably really late to the party here but just finished American Crime Story: People vs OJ Simpson, excellent show. When I heard about it I didn't like the sound of it but heard good reviews and checked it and excellent, well worth watching