What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

52 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

Was that on hd cam? Pretty bad quality I'm sure if you wait a couple of months you'll get the Imax version.

No, I went to Terminal 21 in BKK

Just up to ep 3 of THIS IS US ,really good , didnt think i would like it ,but it really is worth watching .

p.s the new season of midsomer murders is on PB ,at least the 1st episode , the next one is jan 4th.enjoy

Edited by i claudius
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Partner? Business or pleasure? 555. Cool dude! You didn't like it then, Rogue One. Not your type of movie. What is your type then?

555, my missus of 2 years lol

No, I liked the film and I have all the others but I think the plots for the stories are getting well used 

Thrillers, Action, Adventure, Drama, if the synopsis grabs me or if its something I know i will like then it get watched

Edited by Caps

Think it's been mentioned before but I really enjoyed 10 Rillington Place...

Have the parents visiting at the moment & despite them being unable to work my Kodi box they somehow stumbled on a documentary series called Captive which has started well [emoji1303]

• Like 2

In Order of Disappearance

An earlier poster on here recommended this film, and I just want to say THANKS! Great unpredictable script, action aplenty, as well as great helpings of dark humor. Great acting by all, especially by the always great Stellan Skarsgård, Bruno Ganz as the Godfather of the Serbian crime family, and the young wildman boss of the Norwegian gang, played by Pal Sverre Hagen.

I was thinking while watching this film that this is the kind of movie that all too often gets a Hollywood re-make. And then, I read on IMDB that this is exactly what is currently in the works, with Liam Neeson replacing Skarsgard in the title role. (Bad move, made only in hopes of stoking box office.) The original director, Hans Petter Moland, is doing the remake. I can't think of any film that was ever bettered or improved by doing this.

If you are not bothered by subtitles, and are in the mood for something completely different, have a look at this one.

TEN

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Caps said:

Went to see the new Star Wars..Rogue One

I enjoyed it but the plots are wearing a bit thin so maybe its time to end it.

too much hype and expectations are raised..

Saw Fantastic Beasts and Where to find them the other day at Major, same day as Rogue opened... Enjoyed it immensely

Edited by BookMan

On 12/19/2016 at 0:07 PM, tukkytuktuk said:

It's screener season and yet no joy at the moment. Wonder if there will be any this year or early next year? Last year was headline news with the cm8 hive dvrscrs but this year nothing. Seems Hollywood has finally put an end to this. Maybe its time to head off to the local theaters this Christmas instead of sat a home watching it on your small screen.

Around the 20th December a lot came out...so hopefully we see some again this year..

Can't be long until the movies are reviewed without need to send a DVD

http://www.digital-digest.com/news-64320-Hollywoods-Fear-of-Technology-Behind-Continued-Use-of-Easily-Pirated-Screeners.html

On 12/14/2016 at 10:08 AM, Will27 said:

Been waiting for ages for this series to arrive with hard-coded English subs.

Five series in total with series 1, 8 episodes available now.

Summary: After the cold blood murder of Francois Paoli, a notorious Corsican mobster, Sandra Paoli, his niece, takes over
the reign of violence, money, drug and sex in a world of it's own.

Looks good

2 hours ago, BookMan said:

Looks good

I'd rate series 1 about a 7 to 7.5 BookMan.

Maybe my expectations were too high.

The biggest hurdle for me is that a female is the leader of the family.

I couldn't see that happening.

My mate just finished series 2 and said it's a lot better.

Season 3 should be out before Xmas I think.

• Like 1

I saw Rogue One and enjoyed it.

Not sure about the plot getting thin comment. The story is what it is. A story about the resistance getting hold of the death star plans to take the story  up to A New Hope and I think it was needed.

Also it was a bit darker than normal Star wars films and had a surprise ending.

Just watched American Honey. I don't make many critiques but I thought maybe I could save a few people the nearly 3 hours it takes to watch whatever it was. Pointless and the only real emotion it conjured for me was how much I hate Shia Labeouf (spelling). He is the kiss of death to any movie.

The lead is a lovely girl, and I hope she pops up somewhere else. Maybe she might even have an emotion.

• Like 2

Been watching the grand tour and the curse of oak island recently. Can anyone recommend any similar shows because I'm bored of watching American tv series. I miss the variety of programmes you get when you sign up for cable or satellite TV. Got my premier league football sorted for the weekends its the midweek when I get bored and end up playing computer games instead.

I've been watching Killing Season, a documentary about a TV crew searching for the Long Island Serial Killer (LISK).

"The Killing Season" from Executive Producer Alex Gibney follows documentarians, Joshua Zeman (Cropsey) and Rachel Mills as they investigate one of the most bizarre unsolved serial killer cases of our time -- ten dead sex workers discovered on Gilgo Beach, Long Island. Authorities believe these killings are the work of the Long Island Serial Killer, who after five years remains at large. Forging relationships with cyber-sleuths, journalists and victim's families, Zeman and Mills uncover connections that suggest Long Island is just the beginning.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt6064676/

• Like 1

On 12/19/2016 at 7:02 PM, faraday said:

"Mars" - e01 was actually quite good, & also weaves Elon Musk into it.

So does season 20 of Southpark.............................;)

If you can though, get the uncensored episodes.

On 20/12/2016 at 3:38 PM, BookMan said:

Around the 20th December a lot came out...so hopefully we see some again this year..

Can't be long until the movies are reviewed without need to send a DVD

http://www.digital-digest.com/news-64320-Hollywoods-Fear-of-Technology-Behind-Continued-Use-of-Easily-Pirated-Screeners.html

Saw my first screener (Trespass Against Us)  on TPB today gang.

Here they come:smile:

• Like 2

On 12/20/2016 at 7:07 PM, Mooner said:

I saw Rogue One and enjoyed it.

Not sure about the plot getting thin comment. The story is what it is. A story about the resistance getting hold of the death star plans to take the story  up to A New Hope and I think it was needed.

Also it was a bit darker than normal Star wars films and had a surprise ending.

Yes it was a surprise ending.

I  think this film sits between the original 3 and the newer episodes 1, 2 and 3 

Could be wrong?

16 hours ago, Caps said:

Yes it was a surprise ending.

I  think this film sits between the original 3 and the newer episodes 1, 2 and 3 

Could be wrong?

Am I the only one that does not like the new Star Wars films? I liked the original three - mostly because of Harrison Ford - but was not a fanatic about those either.

Am I the only one that does not like the new Star Wars films? I liked the original three - mostly because of Harrison Ford - but was not a fanatic about those either.

Nope, you're not alone, I've no time for the new films either.
  • Like 1