What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

1 hour ago, The manic said:

Moorland..British Crime drama based on true story of child abduction..deep, clever and good quality production...Highly recommended 

Can't see any reference to this. What UK channel is it on?

20 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Just finished watching it now, I also would recommend it.

I found it a very powerful drama, especially as it all was true. I can't believe it all happened twenty-four years ago now.

IIRC, wasn't 25 Cromwell Street demolished in the end?

Very good yes.Moorland is similar

Three films I've mentioned previously which were surprisingly decent on Netflix. 

13 hours in benghazi

" I need a bag full of money & a flight to benghazi"

Pickpockets

Spanish but English subs

Good time

Rob Pattinson as I never seen him some powerful performances in this low budget independent film.

Besides the above I am very running into the same stuff on Netflix.  I tend to listen to the documentaries as opposed to watching them.

Anyone with some good recent Netflix content they saw, please tell.

2 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Three films I've mentioned previously which were surprisingly decent on Netflix. 

13 hours in benghazi

" I need a bag full of money & a flight to benghazi"

Pickpockets

Spanish but English subs

Good time

Rob Pattinson as I never seen him some powerful performances in this low budget independent film.

Besides the above I am very running into the same stuff on Netflix.  I tend to listen to the documentaries as opposed to watching them.

Anyone with some good recent Netflix content they saw, please tell.

If Shadow of Truth is still on Netflix, do yourself a favour and have a look.

An outstanding 4 part documentary from Israel.

A lot like Making a murderer.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5599272/?ref_=nv_sr_1

• Like 1

Joaquin Phoenix plays a contract killer in Lynne Ramsay's new film. The scariest thing about Joe (Joaquin Phoenix), in “You Were Never Really Here,” is not the violence that he deals in, merciless though it is, but the fact that so much of it is meted out with a hammer.

6 hours ago, DMC1 said:

Yes, looks like it’s still on Netflix, added to my list.

That reminded me of Shadow of Doubt, If you enjoy guessing who the Perp is before the end ,you will enjoy. Discovery Channel

1 hour ago, tukkytuktuk said:

No idea if its a good movie or not but Clint Eastwood directs it. Today's skull and crossbones delight.

Terrible reviews, very low IMDB score.

On 4/23/2018 at 3:52 PM, Will27 said:

Just noticed on TPB that seasons 1,2 and 3 of Sr.Avila are showing.

It says with encoded hard subs but haven't tried as yet.

They're large files also but seem to be downloading ok.

I saw episode 1 of the first season last year but couldn't get the other episodes.

The first show was terrific.

Summary: Main character Sr Avila, played by Tony Dalton, is an insurance broker by day. He’s not too morally compromised by mis-selling PPI, though, because when he’s not doing that he has a lucrative sideline as a hitman. But, on top of the assignments handed to him by the local mortician who fixes the hits, at home he’s dealing with a high-strung wife and a troubled teenage son.

Sorry, couldn't find a trailer with English subs but you can get the drift.

Thanks, been enjoying this so far through a few episodes.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

Thanks, been enjoying this so far through a few episodes.

If you like Sr. Avila, there's a good chance you will like Umbre.

I'm watching series 2 now and it's excellent.

9 minutes ago, Will27 said:

If you like Sr. Avila, there's a good chance you will like Umbre.

I'm watching series 2 now and it's excellent.

Trailer looks good thanks.  Didn't see it at the Jolly Roger site though.  Where'd you find the seeds for this one?

2 hours ago, steelepulse said:

Trailer looks good thanks.  Didn't see it at the Jolly Roger site though.  Where'd you find the seeds for this one?

Both series are at LimeTorrents.

• Like 1

Is anyone watching "Barry" ? In some ways it reminds me of Braking Bad, when that first hit the screen--that seemed slow and HBO only done 6 episodes in the first season, A teacher who had cancer & thought he could make a quick $$ out of making Meth for his student to sell. They even say now they didn't think the hero (a drug pusher) would sit to well.

Barry, also seemed just as slow---(HBO only done 8 episodes as a trier) but thought I would stick with it for a while, another unlikely hero--a returned service guy who kills people for money, his agent is always shorting him on the payment and booking him in run down accommodation, and cheap car rentals.  Up to episode 6 now and it starts to get a bit darker as it moves along, & the bodies pile up. Maybe it wont come to much, but I think its worth following a bit longer.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5348176/videoplayer/vi2385688601?ref_=tt_ov_vi

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fruit Trader said:

I watch Barry and like the show. Strikes me as one of those love it or hate it with a passion comedies.

It's very good, wouldn't rate it as high as Breaking Bad, but it's one of the better current offerings. Another that went unnoticed was Get Shorty, the TV show, not the movie. If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favour and watch Season 1.

15 minutes ago, giddyup said:

It's very good, wouldn't rate it as high as Breaking Bad, but it's one of the better current offerings. Another that went unnoticed was Get Shorty, the TV show, not the movie. If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favour and watch Season 1.

Cant take another episode of The Crossing. I will replace the time slot with Get Shorty.

On 5/1/2018 at 11:18 AM, faraday said:

Is it a good movie though?

:smile:

not bad but very dark....kinda like 8mm....with MC Hammer

you could do a lot worse ...i certainly have

Edited by JHolmesJr

1 hour ago, Fruit Trader said:

Cant take another episode of The Crossing. I will replace the time slot with Get Shorty.

Get Shortly was a great book by Elmore John Leonard Jr. The movie was great beacause he wrote the screen play. Too many of his books turned into film were poor because he did not do the screen play. I will be interested to see the series. He is not to be confirmed with Elmore James whose cinematic interpretation of his wildly brilliant novels are mixed

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The manic said:

Get Shortly was a great book by Elmore John Leonard Jr. The movie was great beacause he wrote the screen play. Too many of his books turned into film were poor because he did not do the screen play. I will be interested to see the series. He is not to be confirmed with Elmore James whose cinematic interpretation of his wildly brilliant novels are mixed

One of my all time favourite shows, Justified, was based on Elmore Leonard's book Fire in the Hole.

• Like 1

The Split ...hmm, well.

Wasn't too sure about ep1, & after watching ep2 last night, I think it's mostly a 'chick flick'. Shame really.

Nicola Walker, who I still think of as Ruth from 'Spooks', holds it all together, but the wedding dress scene, just dismayed me.

Thoughts anyone?

One for the Brits.

Cunk on Britain. 5 episode mini series in which Philomena Cunk explains the last two thousand years of British history.

Anyone who liked Screenwipe and/or Charlie Brooker will love this.

Extremely funny, but not for pedants who may well suffer a heart attack watching it.

Available on iPlayer, torrent and streaming sites.

• Like 1