What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

After watching the trailer of Dig I thought this could become something good or it could go terribly wrong. After watching the first (one hour) episode I have only slightly changed my mind. The show is about a 2000 year old conspiracy playing in Jerusalem. It seems to have some Indiana Jones elements in it, too. Story and action are alright, but not really "holding-your-breath" alright. The filming in Jerusalem is great. The show is definitely made professionally. As far as I know, it is only a four part mini series. So, I'll stick to it, hoping it becomes somehow more gripping. If not, no real waste of time but probably not worth remembering, either.

Wow. Looks very interesting. I'll definitely watch this one. I like the main actor and of course Anne. This movie is a bit of fluff, but the actors are some of my favs:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120828/?ref_=nmbio_mbio

Right about this time is when Anne left Steve Martin for Ellen DeGeneres. Too funny. I'm sure Steve got a lot of grief for that! LOL

I was wrong. I just read that Dig is actually a 10-part series (first order for 6 episodes, then 4 more). Sorry for that!

Edited by jope

I don't often go serious with you guys, but please download India's Daughter. It is a BBC documentary about how women are treated in India etc. It blew my mind and alot of my male friends too just could not relate with it.

You shall be shocked, i am not promoting this vid for anything, just found it on the internet.

But i feel the more people that watch it the more shall be informed and then can be safe.

yep.watched it today, i wont tell you what its about as seems to be the village or should i say out back idiots habit on here !!! cos thats taking a touch of fun away in the watching of it. i'll just give you my opinion that it was shocking and imo , a must watch

suffice to say india has banned it and it re affirmed all i know about indian culture. also watched and again was disapointed with ' the black flag'

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just watched it, mind blowing!!

yep, totally shocking, the posts that were removed a touch earlier were by a couple of us 'reminiscing' on our expirences of the Indian culture, it would be 'fair' to say in general we were less than positive.whistling.gif

"Unfinished Business"

Comedy drama out now in the US. Soon at a cinema near you in Thailand.

This movie took marketing/promo to a new.. Err.. Level the other day. Releasing a set of 6 (I think) 'stock' photos of the characters in various 'stock' business poses and are all free to download and use as intended.

I did take a gander, but <deleted> me, you've got to be scrapping the bottom of the barrel to want to use a picture of Dave Franco for.. Well... Anything... Yes, he's just as bad (if not more irritating) as his older brother...

stock in fotography/ film terms means not taken for that specific job but pics taken/ bought from the 'stock' of a library or agency. and nice one about letting us know u think house of cards finish's this season, i'll bear that in mind as i watch the rest of the series !! :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Ummm... Never watched nor commented on House of Cards but thanks for your interpretation of 'stock photography'

T minus 2 days to House of cards Season 3. Great writing and acting. Kevin Spacey No1

I will watch series 3, just to watch the great Spacey strut his stuff. I must say, however that things took a very dark turn in Season 2, right from the very first ten minutes. I have a very hard time thinking of such an evil man ever becoming President of the United States. His wife is even worse. She makes Angela Lansbury in the original Manchurian Candidate look like an angel of sweetness.

The thing that made this series so enjoyable for me was Underwood's wry observations to the camera about the uses of power. Then the felonies started happening. Then the 3-way with the security guy. Not that such things could never happen at such a high level, but the cynicism is cranked up much too high, in my opinion.

But I will watch it, if only to see the inevitable impeachment.

season 3 is just depressing in my estimation. i gave up on episode 2

Suits Season Ender...

Another episode loaded with flashbacks, this time photographed in slightly faded colors. (So we'll know it's like, you know, The Past?) Lots of good background story material. Best of all: Lots'a DONNA, early and late. She is Much Woman! Harvey had a better looking haircut in his earlier days. Sort of a George Clooney cut.

Eric Roberts is back, as the Satanic Forstman. He makes such a good Bad Guy! I'll never forget him in his breakout role as Mariel Hemingway's psycho boyfriend in "Star 80", way back when. If you never saw that one, check it out. All Time Classic.

T minus 2 days to House of cards Season 3. Great writing and acting. Kevin Spacey No1

I will watch series 3, just to watch the great Spacey strut his stuff. I must say, however that things took a very dark turn in Season 2, right from the very first ten minutes. I have a very hard time thinking of such an evil man ever becoming President of the United States. His wife is even worse. She makes Angela Lansbury in the original Manchurian Candidate look like an angel of sweetness.

The thing that made this series so enjoyable for me was Underwood's wry observations to the camera about the uses of power. Then the felonies started happening. Then the 3-way with the security guy. Not that such things could never happen at such a high level, but the cynicism is cranked up much too high, in my opinion.

Well, who said that being the President, or becoming the Chief of Staff or being the President's wife is easy? smile.png

And agreed, the whole atmosphere is rather sinister, but the backstabbers are as exciting as before.

• Like 1

Ummm... Never watched nor commented on House of Cards but thanks for your interpretation of 'stock photography'

it aint my interpretation its more or less what it is and my apologies it was

Suits Season Ender...

Another episode loaded with flashbacks, this time photographed in slightly faded colors. (So we'll know it's like, you know, The Past?) Lots of good background story material. Best of all: Lots'a DONNA, early and late. She is Much Woman! Harvey had a better looking haircut in his earlier days. Sort of a George Clooney cut.

Eric Roberts is back, as the Satanic Forstman. He makes such a good Bad Guy! I'll never forget him in his breakout role as Mariel Hemingway's psycho boyfriend in "Star 80", way back when. If you never saw that one, check it out. All Time Classic.

letting us know what was gonna happen,,crazy.gif ,, AGAIN beatdeadhorse.gif

just watched the 'good wife and i luv the script writers in that show, so slick, with a difficult episode that could well have been a total disaster between them and excellent cuts thought the day was saved. didnt overly enjoy the episode but interesting the direction the shows now taking.

not so sure i agree with it ,,but atm still watchable IMO.

• Like 1

Well, who said that being the President, or becoming the Chief of Staff or being the President's wife is easy? smile.png

And agreed, the whole atmosphere is rather sinister, but the backstabbers are as exciting as before.

I loved the first two series , the third is ok ,but no rush to watch each episode now , the British mini series got it right ,go out on a high.

• Like 1

'Indias Daughter' from BBC storyville documents the events of 16 Dec 12 where a young woman was gang raped on a delhi bus & later died in Singapore. Having watched it this morning I was frankly shocked at the detail and can see why India has banned it this week. Here's the link to Iplayer: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b05534p0/storyville-20142015-19-indias-daughter

If Thailand has any sence they'll regard this as a wake up call...

• Like 1

'Indias Daughter' from BBC storyville documents the events of 16 Dec 12 where a young woman was gang raped on a delhi bus & later died in Singapore. Having watched it this morning I was frankly shocked at the detail and can see why India has banned it this week. Here's the link to Iplayer: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b05534p0/storyville-20142015-19-indias-daughter

If Thailand has any sence they'll regard this as a wake up call...

Patsycat mentioned this a few times and otehrs have agreed.

Ill have to watch this for sure

• Like 1

Finished Ep1...it is darker than last year but still great viewing. Spacey makes the entire show.

• Like 2

'Allegiance' it's the eventual spin off of 'The Americans', it's timing after 'The Blacklist' should see it maintain decent enough ratings..

I do not mind that NBC cancelled Allegiance because it cannot compete with "The Americans", but I do mind that they canceled it in the middle of the season and do not tell when or if they will show the remaining 8 episodes. All in all I found it watchable, too much time wasted on emotional blabla, though. I will not really miss it, but if they burn off the rest of the season over a weekend I would probably watch it to find out what "Black Dagger" really is.

I gave up after the pilot.

Just thought it was a poor version of The Americans.

Not really surprised it got the chop.

• Like 1

Suits Season Ender...

This is not really a spoiler. If he told us that Eric Robert's character rapes and murders Donna, that would be a spoiler (if it were true). He is just giving some general information about the episode.

, but by telling people about whats going on in episodes in general or in specif it spoils or takes away call it what u want part of the pleasure, or not as the case may be, of watching a show imo it's really unnecessary, thoughtless, ignorant call it what u like, Opinions on the show the way its moving ect ect ,, great , but info,,, nah no need.

yeah it does seem a trend for a lot ish of modern day longish running dramas, probably easier to think of 'dark happenings' as opposed to quirky or funny scenes that work. has to be aimed at keeping these studios 'cash cows' going, probably when dramatically or what ever you call it they arguably shouldn't, probably what is it called the 'law of diminishing returns' or is it the polar opposite of that? any way its about money for sure whistling.gif

Suits Season Ender...

This is not really a spoiler. If he told us that Eric Robert's character rapes and murders Donna, that would be a spoiler (if it were true). He is just giving some general information about the episode.

rijit, you keep harping on about people posting spoilers but it seems to

me that you have difficulty distinguishing between a spoiler and a summary.

What Frank James posted above and what most of us post is a summary.

What you posted about Suits here "yeah, i suppose the end of jessicas affair is bit of a season endersh"

is a spolier.

Nextbiggrin.png

you keep harping bac to that yeah and i apologized if that was seen as a spoiler, but it was in conversation with someone who obliviously had watched the episode and was a comment about something that had been happening for ?? weeks,, Anyway, frank james and u actually keeps summising and telling us what happens in episodes call it a summary or spoiler, it's unnecessary thoughtless call it what u want, your both obviously interested and fairly knowledgeable about films or drama, in general your opinions for me would be interesting but why spoil it for others, no need.

Edited by rijit

had my fix of my last binge watch 'jane the virgin ' which was back after a 2ish week break, it's an interesting style, based loosely somewhere between a latin novella and a western main stream drama, its colorful bright and quirky, although as per norn it has its down turns, its light side more than balances it out, and watching the current crop of ' quality dramas, and make no mistake this is, its refreshing.

and caught 'indian summers' episode four and thankfully Imo, promises of good things to come.w00t.gif

• Like 2

Tv series: The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst

Trend Setters
This is a 6 part series by HBO.

I had never heard of this guy before, perhaps a few of our American friends have.
Anyway, watched the first episode yesterday and was absolutely captivated by it.

The first 5 episodes are available now.

IMDB: Filmmaker Andrew Jarecki examines the complicated life of reclusive real estate scion, Robert Durst, the key suspect in a series of unsolved crimes.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4299972/?ref_=nv_sr_1

• Like 2

The last series of ''New Tricks and I am about to embark upon a voyage through ''Foyles War'' from series three, having already seen series 1 and 2 and now finished downloading the rest of the series.

As an aside I've also just downloaded ''Music of the 60's'' 2-2 gb , some good stuff there from my long since gone youth too.clap2.gifclap2.gif

• Like 1

you keep harping bac to that yeah and i apologized if that was seen as a spoiler, but it was in conversation with someone who obliviously had watched the episode and was a comment about something that had been happening for ?? weeks,, Anyway, frank james and u actually keeps summising and telling us what happens in episodes call it a summary or spoiler, it's unnecessary thoughtless call it what u want, your both obviously interested and fairly knowledgeable about films or drama, in general your opinions for me would be interesting but why spoil it for others, no need.

Please, enough. We have all read your opinion. If it bothers you so much engage in a PM with the poster or don't read any post on this thread.

Neither Will27 of Fankjames offer spoilers in their reviews of movies and shows. Both contribute a lot of good shows and they offer their own opinion on the quality of the show

On the odd occasion a member might be revealing something ,a potential spoiler, they put a big 'SPOILER ALERT' in bold

oversize CAPS. Seems easy enough to avoid that post, I know I do.

The thread works well the way it has been running and I have discovered dozens of shows through it. No need to change the current format.

Funnily enough rijit is the only one that seems to be taking issue with the way this thread runs... Ironically, his defence used for 'spoilers', is exactly what he was accusing khun Frank James was doing.

It's almost as if that because he was "in conversation with someone who obviously had watched the episode" that they were the only 2 people involved in this thread.

The mind boggles...

'Allegiance' it's the eventual spin off of 'The Americans', it's timing after 'The Blacklist' should see it maintain decent enough ratings..

I do not mind that NBC cancelled Allegiance because it cannot compete with "The Americans", but I do mind that they canceled it in the middle of the season and do not tell when or if they will show the remaining 8 episodes. All in all I found it watchable, too much time wasted on emotional blabla, though. I will not really miss it, but if they burn off the rest of the season over a weekend I would probably watch it to find out what "Black Dagger" really is.

I gave up after the pilot.

Just thought it was a poor version of The Americans.

Not really surprised it got the chop.

Christ... NBC is not wasting any time cutting the fat then this season... I think Allegiance is on the wrong network, whilst it can't 'compete' with The Americans, it could certainly compliment them.

Definitely a 'watchable' series, something you can have on in the background and not be too concerned by it... Hopefully they'll let the remainder of the season play out...

• Like 1