What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

after seeing it had a decent rotten tomatoe score and a decent imdb score Unfortunately I watched keanu Reeves latest 'john wick ':annoyed: which

about summed up all thats f--cked up with Hollywood film.

I have to agree on John Wick. It did not start out too bad, but got stupider and stupider. I shut it off half way through.

Back in time for dinner - is a UK one hour show that shows how people lived and ate in the 50's, 60's etc. I am really enjoying it.

I agree with Indian Summers, it needs to get a bit more interesting.

Code of a Killer was really interesting and I am looking forward to the next episode.

My attention span seems to only work for TV series these days!! So I haven't watched many movies!! But do have a few lined up for the weekend.

Another funny thing i watched is Lip Sync Battle. Give it a try - it made me laugh. And only lasts 30 minutes.

Thanks for back in time for dinner,the wife loved it and so did I ,going to watch the 60s tomorrow,it was like it happened yesterday. The club's the parties and the FOOD,
  • Like 1

I am floored to learn that Better Call Saul, as of the end of episode 10, which I just watched last night, is done for the season. The pace has been leisurely, to be sure. Guess I'll binge watch all 10 again and see what subtle touches I missed on first viewing.

Sad to see Justified ending. I hope Boyd gets to get away clean with Ava.

When is Ray Donovan coming back?

The first episode of the latest Mad Men was very well done. What an epic that has been.

I am floored to learn that Better Call Saul, as of the end of episode 10, which I just watched last night, is done for the season. The pace has been leisurely, to be sure. Guess I'll binge watch all 10 again and see what subtle touches I missed on first viewing.

The first episode of the latest Mad Men was very well done. What an epic that has been.

I haven't seen BCS as yet so will have to give it a crack.

The date speculated for Ray Ray's return is July.

I hope Boyd get's away with or without Ava.

• Like 1

I haven't seen BCS as yet so will have to give it a crack.

The date speculated for Ray Ray's return is July.

I hope Boyd get's away with or without Ava.

Sorry, cannot agree with the last one. It must be WITH Ava. I adore this woman. High heels and shot gun when necessary. She seems to have a tendency to fall for the wrong men, though. Well, forgivable I'd say...

• Like 1

Shush. Justified. No bits of info please. Not watched any of the last series yet smile.png

• Like 1

Flash Forward. A bit of a blast from the past this one from 2009 / 2010 But I am also enjoying this. sci-fi / FBI 7.6 at IMDB

Despite the bad acting and the preposterous dialogues I liked the show quite the bit. I was very disappointed that they did not make it to a second season.

Watched the first episode of The Comedians (an old and a young comedian are forced to work together to meet the needs of a TV-station and a broader audience). To be honest, I expected a bit more but I believe the show has potential and it can develop. Actually, I really hope that it does. I like them both Billy Chrystal and Josh Gad. May be, I just have to get used to the reality show style. It worked with "The Thick of It", why not here?

• Like 1

Watched The Quiet American last night thanks to a TVF user recommending it to me. Really enjoyed it

That's a largely forgotten gem of a film starring Michael Caine and Brendan Fraser (his best work IMO).

Good film for SE Asia & Vietnam film buffs.

Since you liked the 2002 version (with Michael Caine & Brendan Fraser), you might be interested in the 1958 version (with Audie Murphy and Michael Redgrave, written & directed by Joseph Mankiewicz who is said to have modeled the Pyle character after a real-life CIA officer named Edward Lansdale who contributed his notes to the story). I personally like the 2002 version better (as apparently did the original novelist himself; Graham Greene was angry about the 1958 version's omission of the anti-war message).

Watched The Quiet American last night thanks to a TVF user recommending it to me. Really enjoyed it

That's a largely forgotten gem of a film starring Michael Caine and Brendan Fraser (his best work IMO).

Since you liked the 2002 version (with Michael Caine & Brendan Fraser), you might be interested in the 1958 version (with Audie Murphy and Michael Redgrave, written & directed by Joseph Mankiewicz who is said to have modeled the Pyle character after a real-life CIA officer named Edward Lansdale who contributed his notes to the story). I personally like the 2002 version better (as apparently did the original novelist himself; Graham Greene was angry about the 1958 version's omission of the anti-war message).

Yeah, I know about that Audie Murphy original and some day I'll track it down. I imagine that original 1958 version omitted the early Vietnam anti-war ("US advisors") message because of the heavy alleged communist party blacklisting in Hollywood that was going on in the McCarthy era witch hunts.

Get ready kiddies, first 5 episodes of GOT leaked onto the net already, my Sunday will be lost

GoT it! smile.png

But if I watch them now back to back, I will have to wait for 6 weeks to continue. Perhaps, that is a bigger torture than having them in front of me but watching each episode only on Sundays???? I really don't know what to do...blink.png

• Like 2

after seeing it had a decent rotten tomatoe score and a decent imdb score Unfortunately I watched keanu Reeves latest 'john wick ':annoyed: which

I have to agree on John Wick. It did not start out too bad, but got stupider and stupider. I shut it off half way through.

Why are so many people flaming this? I had a blast of a time watching "John Wick", it featured the best Gun-kata scenes since "Equilibrium" and had a whopping 76 kill count. Who cares about the "you done killed ma puppy!" story? It's the action choreography that really sucked me in.

Edited by Stan42

Why are so many people flaming this? I had a blast of a time watching "John Wick", it featured the best Gun-kata scenes since "Equilibrium" and had a whopping 76 kill count. Who cares about the "you done killed ma puppy!" story? It's the action choreography that really sucked me in.

the reason we're criticizing it,, is cos we dont think it's any good. You do,.that's up to you.rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

This ones for Patsycat...

Watch the latest Scientology doco going around...

I was shocked to see who was a former scientologist... But his description of what went down was hilariously honest...

Yup, i watched it last week. Strange i didn't mention it here. It was a bit scary, wasn't it?!!

Edited by Patsycat

Yeah, I know about that Audie Murphy original and some day I'll track it down. I imagine that original 1958 version omitted the early Vietnam anti-war ("US advisors") message because of the heavy alleged communist party blacklisting in Hollywood that was going on in the McCarthy era witch hunts.

Yeap.