New battery for IPhone!

anon537687643

So I’m told by Apple I am eligible for a replacement battery for my iPhone at a reduced price of 29$! Now the phone was purchased by Apple shop online and came from Singapore to Thailand ! Of course when I tell Apple that I am in Thailand and Apple service centres are all Franchises they are quick to tell me they have control on what Apple Sub contracted franchises charge! It’s unbelieveable that Apple would sell a franchise and not stipulate what service centres charge ! Once again shows how the company sucks !

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Seems like your extremely unhappy with Apple. You should sell your Apple device(s) and switch to something else.

However, you may want to replace the battery first for 1000 baht at an authorized apple retailer to get a better resale value.

Edited by NiwPix

Seems like your extremely unhappy with Apple. You should sell your Apple device(s) and switch to something else.
However, you may want to replace the battery first for 1000 baht at an authorized apple retailer to get a better resale value.

And 1000 baht for a battery at an authorised dealer in Thailand ? It’s 29$ when an authorised Non Franchised Apple service centre

2 hours ago, markaoffy said:

And 1000 baht for a battery at an authorised dealer in Thailand ? It’s 29$ when an authorised Non Franchised Apple service centre

At the current exchange rate, B1000 is equivalent to $31.75. I expect they have "rounded" $29.00 to the next equivalent 100 Baht whole number (B913 to B1000). Are you really that fussed about $2.75 (B87)? I just did the battery replacement last week (after waiting 2 months), and I was very pleased to get a new iPhone battery for B1000, notwithstanding that I might have been able to get it for a few $ less in the US, which is true of everything sold by Apple in Thailand. 

The replacement battery was installed in my iPhone 6 Plus at iCare on the 4th Floor of the Central Mall on Beach Road in Pattaya. There is another thread on getting a replacement battery for the iPhone -- ReplacingIphone 6sbattery in Thailand , and several people report getting a battery for their iPhone at iCare (as I recall, but you can check that thread using the provided link) in Bangkok for the B1000 "promotion/settlement" price, which is valid until the end of 2018.