Newbie movie to chiang mai ineed of some info

Huayrat

Hi. I'm looking for somewhere to Rent for upto 25k per month.. No idea of what area to move to but looking for a nice area and no further than 15 mins from the city.. Any websites to look at for Rentals or your suggestions would be great..

Thanks David

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'll give you same advice I give all newbies.

Rent an hotel room somewhere for a couple of weeks and look around. What one person likes another may hate.

Thanks.. That was my plan but info on places to go look is what im after ?

2 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Why so much 3 bed 3 bath new detached new estate Hang Dong 10,000pm the choice for 25k will be endless.  

10.000 is fine.. If it's nice then 10k sounds even better.. my budget is upto 25k thats what i should of said..

Edited by Huayrat

17 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'll give you same advice I give all newbies.

Rent an hotel room somewhere for a couple of weeks and look around. What one person likes another may hate.

Yep, great idea. Lived here 5 years and now in my 5th house. Moved for a variety of reasons.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

In town, there are some nice condos to be had in good locations for 20-25,000 baht... of course, smaller and less nice for less... but the larger decision might be if you want to move outside the city... enjoy a bit more nature or better availability of shopping... 

Do you have transportation? 

In the city, you will enjoy inside the moat, NE quadrant is charming, but not sure I would want to live there for too long. And same with the night bazaar area... 

Once outside the city, you will have traffic issues but only bad during rush hour - 

After that, it becomes more specific to your personal desires - nature, pool, city - - up to you. 

• Thanks 1

David, without an idea of how you want to live, difficult to answer.
Personally, I like Lang Moo (i.e. behind CMU) tons of street food, and prices in Student range.
Sansiri has a condo project, and in that area are some other nice private projects as well. decent apartments in your price range.
Edge of the town, lots of greenery, yet on a motorbike about 5 minutes (driving slowly and one red light) to the moat. (by car different as per time of day.)
Near the entertainment area, you'll find nice apartments as well, but make sure there is parking space.
If you want a decent house, like in with a view of more than 4 meters,  you are likely to pay more than your budget inside CM.

I'd suggest to make a 3 Months contract, and start looking around.

I'll PM you a broker that did a good job for me !

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Huayrat said:

Thank you.. Finally someone with a positive answer.. I will have a read of that post now.. Thanks again

Don't blame everyone else because you don't know how to use the internet. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

There a lots of places available through agents.  Perhaps contacting one or two ( google search)  and letting them know what you're looking for.  I do have one recommendation however.....  stay away from Riverside Condo in Nong Hoi.  The building is old and not well maintained.  Lots of noise from owners renovating old units.  Rats, too.  The pigeon problem on the balconies is also a very big issue.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, csabo said:

Don't you mean "don't go"? If you are there you can't really complain right? 

So you never made a mistake in your life i take it. Regardless, time for us  to leave as we are bored of reoccurring Bronchitis and sinisitis blighting our health..

Edited by SpeakeasyThai
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

Don't come! The air is toxic.

In addition to the city rated as the world's 6th most polluted city for a few months each year, before renting, bare in mind that there appears to be no such thing here as 'zoning'.   The street could have a noisy daytime factory next door, unlimited number of dogs, excluding soi dogs, karaoke bar until midnight.

Look carefully, and return in the evening if possible.

Personally, I have found that a well-run condominium is far better. :smile:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kenk24 said:

In town, there are some nice condos to be had in good locations for 20-25,000 baht... of course, smaller and less nice for less... but the larger decision might be if you want to move outside the city... enjoy a bit more nature or better availability of shopping... 

Do you have transportation? 

In the city, you will enjoy inside the moat, NE quadrant is charming, but not sure I would want to live there for too long. And same with the night bazaar area... 

Once outside the city, you will have traffic issues but only bad during rush hour - 

After that, it becomes more specific to your personal desires - nature, pool, city - - up to you. 

Hi.. Thanks for the advice..Living outside maybe 15 minutes away would be ok.. I'm looking at serene lake area and i see nice condos there.. what is this Area like and how long is the drive to the city? I have a car so Transport is fine..

Appreciate your input Thanks..

9 hours ago, KKr said:

David, without an idea of how you want to live, difficult to answer.
Personally, I like Lang Moo (i.e. behind CMU) tons of street food, and prices in Student range.
Sansiri has a condo project, and in that area are some other nice private projects as well. decent apartments in your price range.
Edge of the town, lots of greenery, yet on a motorbike about 5 minutes (driving slowly and one red light) to the moat. (by car different as per time of day.)
Near the entertainment area, you'll find nice apartments as well, but make sure there is parking space.
If you want a decent house, like in with a view of more than 4 meters,  you are likely to pay more than your budget inside CM.

I'd suggest to make a 3 Months contract, and start looking around.

I'll PM you a broker that did a good job for me !

Thank you.. I will look at the Areas you have told me.. more advice and contacts you have are welcome also ?

8 hours ago, Tracyb said:

There a lots of places available through agents.  Perhaps contacting one or two ( google search)  and letting them know what you're looking for.  I do have one recommendation however.....  stay away from Riverside Condo in Nong Hoi.  The building is old and not well maintained.  Lots of noise from owners renovating old units.  Rats, too.  The pigeon problem on the balconies is also a very big issue.

Thank you Tracy

Rent an apartment/room from AirBNB for at least two weeks.  Call Perfecthomes Chiang Mai, speak with Simon and ask him to have Noon take you around to some different places that are within your budget in various locations.  Lots of info on their website for both homes and condos.  Noon is very knowledge, speaks very good English and as an added bonus very easy on the eye.  As for those wan..kers who piss and moan about the air quality it last only two max and I have yet to hear of any of them leaving Chiang Mai.  It's a great place to live.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, idman said:

Rent an apartment/room from AirBNB for at least two weeks.  Call Perfecthomes Chiang Mai, speak with Simon and ask him to have Noon take you around to some different places that are within your budget in various locations.  Lots of info on their website for both homes and condos.  Noon is very knowledge, speaks very good English and as an added bonus very easy on the eye.  As for those wan..kers who piss and moan about the air quality it last only two max and I have yet to hear of any of them leaving Chiang Mai.  It's a great place to live.

Thank you idman..

I will for sure call this lady to show me some properties and don't worry about the ppl who like to come on and talk garbage when advice is needed.. I've lived here for 9 years and these ppl are ready to die so i tend to never reply to them.. I'm sure chiang mai will be fine..

Thanks for the Tip i appreciate it..