Bonus miles and more system for cheaper business class flights and hotel booking with platinum and gold credit cards ?

In a german tv report of an American last week , there was a man he collected 54 credit cards in the USA with miles and more system getting free flights business class gor have free lunch at airport with American Express platinum card , is such similar collecting points Programm also avalible in thailand ? Everywhere in world similar ? In my homecountry visa not have a flight collecting plan I order now an American Express card with a travel insurance for 3 month that I can upgrade to platinum later

The partners the hotline told me are emirates Singapore air Etihad and British airways where the points can be used

To get points flight must booked with the American Express , so more I purchase in a month so much more points you can get, to use them then is it enough to told the flight company my given name on credit card itself ? Some company's have a time limitation where you can use your points American Express don't have any expire hotline told me diners club I not sure maybe the Programm is very similar in the world

With a little monthly fee it's also possible to join the flight Programm in standard American Express Visa with out upgrading to the more expensive platinum card !

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

There are Thai credit cards where you can collect miles. UOB privi miles and SCB my travel are a couple of them. I have the SCB my travel card. I have to spend something like 1.2 million baht to earn a return economy flight to the UK.

It seems a lot, but the points on the card do not expire, and I also use the card for business purchases.

The American person you were reading about has a different tactic. In the US they have sign up bonuses, where you get a large number of points for getting the card then spending a specified minimum amount per month,

There is a whole online community dedicated to this, and also tactics such as manufactured spending (spending as little as possible on a card to meet the minimum spend requirements).

There are no real sign up bonuses in Thailand; manufactured spending isn't really possible here and to top it all off it's not always easy to get a credit card in Thailand.

I have a UK issued platinum amex and frequently get emails from them suggesting that I would get an upgrade on an economy ticket purchased  via their travel service. I always found their service significantly more expensive than online resellers, though, so have never used them for that purpose.

The benefit I get from the card, however, is the free plus 1 guest lounge access - either at Amex lounges or Priority Pass lounges. That just about justifies the annual fee.

Edited by RuamRudy