Land in Sanpatong

NigelKennedy

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, NigelKennedy said:

Still looking for land around Shell petrol station on canal road in Sanpatong. Anyone have any leads..Thank you

Smallish residential plot to build on within the township, or a larger plot on the outskirts?

• 3 weeks later...

I am also looking for land in Chiang Mai to build house.  Approximately: width 40 m, depth 40m.  A bit larger would be fine.  Would like to be near a large main road, electric/water.  Not rural area, like some newer houses nearby.  Also, like to have dirt already there, basically ready to build on.  Location within 30 minutes of downtown,  Festival, airport.  Like Doi Saket and San Kamphaeng areas, but anywhere not far out would like to see.

Under 1 million per rai is great, but when there's 17 rai to buy then that's a big investment.

My wife's family is from Sanpatong and they do have a 1 rai plot close to the Canal Road (not so close that it's noisy), and being part of a village it of course has good road access, electricity, etc.    It's also already raised and has lots of trees on it.   I think they wanted 2 million for it but I personally think that's a bit high, probably offers between 1.5 and 2 could work. 

DSC01415s.JPG.575392b2a04393083459fc3ccca933f8.JPG

DSC01435s.JPG.8a111c59b602f61ed9e2754a40e15fa5.JPG

When the canal road work completes then it'll be about 25 minutes to town also at busier times. (It's 25 minutes now, but only when there's little traffic.  (With 'town' defined as either the airport plaza intersection or the Payom Market intersection on Suthep Road.)

image.png.ff0d5974102b4821b5fe682d327585ed.png

They also have bigger plots (farm land) as well as one smaller plot in another village nearby for sale. That one has a small wooden house on it.  (Which I would recommend to knock down and then build something a bit further back on the plot, re-using the wood for a nicer home that's part wood part brick and cement. )

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 11:00 PM, cyberfarang said:

How do you get around the legalities of Farlangs buying land in Thailand?

They can't, but it seems a lot of farangs happy to fork out vast sums for something they will never own, and able to use only as long as she stays sweet.

A directive came out some years ago that made it illegal for non Thais to buy land using a Thai to do so. Wonder what happened about that?

On 6/22/2018 at 10:00 PM, mav000 said:

I am also looking for land in Chiang Mai to build house.  Approximately: width 40 m, depth 40m.  A bit larger would be fine.  Would like to be near a large main road, electric/water.  Not rural area, like some newer houses nearby.  Also, like to have dirt already there, basically ready to build on.  Location within 30 minutes of downtown,  Festival, airport.  Like Doi Saket and San Kamphaeng areas, but anywhere not far out would like to see.

Ban Wangtan land fits the bill ... lovely green estate with high ratio of falang to thai.  Land prices range from ~12,000 to 18,000 per talangwah.