Question on 7-day grace period for 90-day reporting

Hello,

I am staying on a yearly extension of stay based on O-A (retirement) visa. My next 90-day reporting is due this Tuesday, May 22.

The Thai Immigration website says of the 90-day reporting,  "The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires."

That seems to mean I have a grace period of 7 days after May 22, which would be May 29. I plan to do my yearly extension of stay at Chaeng Wattana on May 28 or May 29. So I do not need to do the 90-day report, correct? I'd appreciate hearing from someone who has handled same situation.

Thank you.

43 minutes ago, elviajero said:

Yes, you need to do your 90 days report separately to the extension of stay. The 28th is the last day you can report without penalty.

But if I extend stay, doesn't it supersede the 90-day report? And if I can do the report 7 days after due date, that should be May 29 for reporting without penalty, no?

Thanks

2 minutes ago, peterdwje2 said:

But if I extend stay, doesn't it supersede the 90-day report? And if I can do the report 7 days after due date, that should be May 29 for reporting without penalty, no?

Thanks

Only the first extension of stay application is considered a 90 day report. After that you have to do the report when it is due.

The date the report is due is counted in the 7 days which is why the last day is the 28th.

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Only the first extension of stay application is considered a 90 day report. After that you have to do the report when it is due.

The date the report is due is counted in the 7 days which is why the last day is the 28th.

Thank you for clarifying. Since I assume it will have to be done at separate windows, does it make any difference whether I do the 90-day report first or the extension of stay first? After extension of stay, I also need to get multiple re-entries.

7 minutes ago, peterdwje2 said:

Since I assume it will have to be done at separate windows, does it make any difference whether I do the 90-day report first or the extension of stay first?

It does not matter which one you do first.

27 minutes ago, peterdwje2 said:

Thanks

It’s within 15 days before and 7 days after the due date, which taken literally means day 96 (within 97 days) is the last day you can report. I wouldn’t chance doing it on day 97.

15 minutes ago, peterdwje2 said:

Thank you for clarifying. Since I assume it will have to be done at separate windows, does it make any difference whether I do the 90-day report first or the extension of stay first?

There are separate windows. I would do the extension first and hand over the 90 day report at the same time. They might, if you’re lucky, process the 90 day report at the same time.

Why don't you split the difference and move your extension application forward a few days and do your 90 day report a couple of days late, you will still be inside the 7 days for your 90 day report and you will have done you extension application a couple of days early but you will have done both in the one trip

• Like 1

Hello,

ATTENTION May 29th is a public holiday (visakha bucha), but you can combine your OA extension and 90 days on the same day.
I already did it in Hua Hin, no problem, although for 90 days we have Bluport, which allows us to spend money.
Russel17's answer is correct.

16 hours ago, Russell17au said:

Why don't you split the difference and move your extension application forward a few days and do your 90 day report a couple of days late, you will still be inside the 7 days for your 90 day report and you will have done you extension application a couple of days early but you will have done both in the one trip

The reason is that my account did not reach 800,000 until Feb 26, so the required three months (this is  my fourth extension) will not be until May 26, this coming Saturday. So it seems that if Monday the 28th is the last day I can do the 90-day reporting without penalty, then it is also the only day I can do both the extension and the 90-day reporting in one trip. Am I thinking clearly?

2 minutes ago, peterdwje2 said:

Am I thinking clearly?

Yes you are.

But personally I would not wait until the 28th to do the report. If anything happened to prevent you from doing it then you would be fined 2000 baht.

My next 90 day is June 25th and subsequently Sept 22nd.

My first extension falls on Sept 25th ( after squeezing nearly two years out of a O-A visa).

Am I right in thinking as it is my first extension I won’t have to do my 90 day on September 22nd ?

51 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

My next 90 day is June 25th and subsequently Sept 22nd.
My first extension falls on Sept 25th ( after squeezing nearly two years out of a O-A visa).
Am I right in thinking as it is my first extension I won’t have to do my 90 day on September 22nd ?

Since you are already doing 90 day reports I am sure they will expect one be done on September 22.

The first extension rule is based upon a person extending a 90 day entry from a visa. So not the same for the OA visa.

You could do the report that will be due in September 15 days early and the extension during the same trip to immigration.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Since you are already doing 90 day reports I am sure they will expect one be done on September 22.

The first extension rule is based upon a person extending a 90 day entry from a visa. So not the same for the OA visa.

You could do the report that will be due in September 15 days early and the extension during the same trip to immigration.

Thanks Joe