where to buy dry acid in Pattaya?

MoD1977

1. because i haven't found something in the pool section here! Otherwise i wouldn't ask.
  2. I'm looking for DRY acid, not normal  hydrochloric acid what you maybe thinking of.

I was in 3 Shops in Pattaya and only got blank stares when asking for dry acid, looks like they have no glue about because they only offering me hydrochloric acid.

Ok still no replies, I'm amazed Pataya doesn't have

Looks like the only way may be like this

Thailand Pool Shop (Pool Master ) - Surin ( I know you may have been avoiding shipping costs )

25 kg Dry acid 1299 bht 

Joyeaux Pools sells expensive French plastic pools and stocks suitably expensive pool chemie like that. Recall seeeing it in the Ubon Ratchathani branch a few years ago. My first and last visit, but I don't knock the dry stuff for anyone who doesn't like handling the corrosive stuff*, but you might find it cheaper to buy acid and hire a pool boy! Pretty sure there is a branch of Joyeaux somewhere in Pats or the 'Eastern Corridor'.

[How is life down there living in the corridor? Makes y'all sound like neglected patients in a UK public hospital :-)]

*my tip for avoiding breathing in HcL fumes when transferring acid from 20 litre container to bucket of water for dosing the pool - a strategically placed floor fan (and a calm day) - is pictured below for what its worth

20180208_130929 resized.jpg

because of it's dangerous handling (fumes and corrosion) I would like to stay away from the "wet" acid and try now the "dry" acid.

I ordered now a 20kg container online, should arrive in the next days.

I also stay away from all this "Pool cleaning" companies because i tried a couple and they're all worthless (or at least i couldn't find a good one).

When you not standing behind them and control them all the time they do a shit job or nothing.

When i have to stand behind them and control their work all the time then i can do it myself, only then i know it's done properly.

It take's only 1-2h a week so no big deal and a bit manual labor doesn't hurt.

On 5/21/2018 at 7:51 PM, BEVUP said:

Ok still no replies, I'm amazed Pataya doesn't have

Looks like the only way may be like this

Thailand Pool Shop (Pool Master ) - Surin ( I know you may have been avoiding shipping costs )

25 kg Dry acid 1299 bht 

The other option is to find a chemical company - the ones that supply university laboratories.

Dry acid could mean a few things - sodium bisulphate, citric acid, sodium dihydrogen phosphate. Although I guess sodium bisulphate is the one that is meant.

CAUTION: Sodium bisulphate is extremely irritating to eyes and skin. Wear gloves and eye protection when handling.

1 hour ago, poanoi said:

anywhere in pattaya i can buy 1 kg calcium chloride ?

just a dl would do actually

It  is unlikely  that  anyone will  stock  such  a small  quanty  package.

Please see: http://swimmingpoolsthailand.com/en/calcium-chloride/1158-calcium-chloride-5-kg.html

The procuct is not  expensive.

38 minutes ago, SwimmingPoolsThailand said:

It  is unlikely  that  anyone will  stock  such  a small  quanty  package.

Please see: http://swimmingpoolsthailand.com/en/calcium-chloride/1158-calcium-chloride-5-kg.html

The procuct is not  expensive.

thanks, just to verify: this chemical is not harmful

to contact or even eat tiny amounts of right ?

28 minutes ago, poanoi said:

thanks, just to verify: this chemical is not harmful

to contact or even eat tiny amounts of right ?

Please see the description  on  our website for  use of this product  in  swimming pool situations. 

For more information  on  the chmical, itself please consult the Internet. Try: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcium_chloride

Archived