Ideas for my concrete support pillar in our living room

Moon37

Thanks all.  We're going one step at a time.  FIrst we''ll have it made round.  Get a sense of it's impact and see if either the duplicate column to semi-divide up the room or build around the pole.  Best, Moon

2 hours ago, Moon37 said:

Thanks all.  We're going one step at a time.  FIrst we''ll have it made round.  Get a sense of it's impact and see if either the duplicate column to semi-divide up the room or build around the pole.  Best, Moon

Please post a photo of the finished design. Would like to see what you come up with.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:57 PM, Rdrokit said:

Please post a photo of the finished design. Would like to see what you come up with.

Rd,  The contractor refuses to accept culpability and has even stated to charge 5K THB to make it round.  We've explored so many options with no help from the contractor . So now we're going with the concept that a university once used to lay down the pathways between campus buildings.  They delayed laying down the pathways and waited for a couple of months to see where the students wore our paths on the lawns.  Then they built the pathways there.  I believe that no one really understands what if any kind of impact this pillar has. And it seems, in true Thai fashion, that I am the only one who cares.  But I will share the eventual result  after the in-laws have moved in.  Best and Thanks, Moon

The Pillar.JPG

38 minutes ago, Moon37 said:

Rd,  The contractor refuses to accept culpability and has even stated to charge 5K THB to make it round.  We've explored so many options with no help from the contractor . So now we're going with the concept that a university once used to lay down the pathways between campus buildings.  They delayed laying down the pathways and waited for a couple of months to see where the students wore our paths on the lawns.  Then they built the pathways there.  I believe that no one really understands what if any kind of impact this pillar has. And it seems, in true Thai fashion, that I am the only one who cares.  But I will share the eventual result  after the in-laws have moved in.  Best and Thanks, Moon

The Pillar.JPG

I agree. Wait till the house is completed and see what is needed. You can always find a chang to make the post round or even add another one.

• Like 1