The Positive Thread

donna

title says it all. no slagging off. no whinging. just good things.

it can be about anything at all. why do you like living in phuket? why do you WANT to live in phuket?

i love the weather. i love the fact that the sea changes every day and no two days are the same. i love the fact that i can wear flip flops (thongs to australians) anywhere i like and not be looked down on.

On the whole, we do have everything and more than most people could ever wish for in life.

I love :o the weather, music, dancing, nightlife, beer, foodstalls, foodcourts in Big C, walking round town, the beach, riding round the Island, East Coast Seafood restaurnts, Sundays in Rawai, watching the planes when I am waiting for my mates (smug as hel_l as I live here).

Love also, Patong and all its vibrancy, the quiet of friendship beach, the total madness of the roads, the police waving me on when I accidently produce my library card whilst looking for my licence.

Always had (and still do for that matter) a warm feeling crossing Sarisin Bridge (southbound!!) as it represents home to me.

Love and have learnt the Nataionl Anthems, the happy birthday song in the bars, Thai Karaoke, live Thai music with all its dancers and colour.

Thats just off the top of my head. I do often look at some of my post when I am ranting etc, and wonder why I don't do more of this, and less of the negative crap. Nice thread and I hope to see all Phuket Posters adding to this thread.

Although I am not a Phuket inhabitant I have always enjoyed visiting there, as does my husband.

Things I like about Phuket are the ready availability of delicious farang food, the french bakery past Phuket town towards Chalong springs to mind :o

I like the excellent roads, fun to take a drive out to the middle of nowhere.

I like the shopping, the Home Pro is excellent :D

All in all, a trip to Phuket is like a trip to the Big City without all the fuss of having to go to Bangkok.

i really like the people i have met from thai visa in phuket. you are all a good bunch of people who offer support to each other in many ways.

and im gonna go out on a limb and say that i actually like the new one way traffic system. lets not get into a debate about it but thats my opinion.

i really like the people i have met from thai visa in phuket. you are all a good bunch of people who offer support to each other in many ways.

and im gonna go out on a limb and say that i actually like the new one way traffic system. lets not get into a debate about it but thats my opinion.

Dont know about the one way system yet ! but I love Phuket it has all that Thailand has to offer ( for a falang ) I have travelled all around the country and then settled in Phuket (Thalang) I'm 10K from everything and its great............. :o

Dont know about the one way system yet ! but I love Phuket it has all that Thailand has to offer ( for a falang ) I have travelled all around the country and then settled in Phuket (Thalang) I'm 10K from everything and its great............. :o

It doesn't have everything to offer...I cant find Vegimite.. :D

Back on Thread, "I Love Vegimite",,Sorry Donna..

Edited by Little Black Duck

I got to post this in Bedlam but then not all are there yet, so I figured I'd post it here on this thread since its something nice..

In my extended family there was a Birth a week ago..A friend in the States was very dissapointed as a week went by before she got to see pics of the new Bub..I took the camera this morning and took some shots and sent them to her..

I just got the most wonderful email saying thank you..

So my most favorite thing is being able to give a special friend something as minor as a few pics of a week old Bub..

I just hope you can all understand...

I hope no one minds me posting this twice as it made a very special friend very happy and I might ad she was a long long time LOS resident..

For the Pattaya mob its Miss Sheri from Rancho Tejas..