Large Format Camera

Mai Krap

I was just wondering if any of the forum members used or would even be interested in getting started with large format photography?

I have a couple Toyo-View Monorail cameras and a Cambo for outdoor stuff. My current images are black and white 4x5 negatives which are then scanned to digital. I have been pretty basic up til now but lately have started getting things together. Its taken some time to find gear over here and its not like America or Europe where things are cheep and easy to find and every city has LFP classes.

I would be more than happy to help anyone get started or just talk about photography.

toyo-view_45g.jpg

I was just wondering if any of the forum members used or would even be interested in getting started with large format photography?

At 39 Megapixles for only 1.59 million baht in Thailand, you could get a Hasselblad, H3D medium format DSLR.

Is that what you meant by large format, Sir?

Yours truly,

Kan Win

P.S. I only have a little one compared to the above, 8.0 Megapixles :o

At 39 Megapixles for only 1.59 million baht in Thailand, you could get a Hasselblad, H3D medium format DSLR.

Yours truly,

Kan Win

I use film and digital in small format, film in medium format, and film in large format for now. Im looking forward to getting a digital scanning back for 4x5 somewhere down the road, One guy had one at Ankgor Wat and I thought it was fantastic. Right now they are around 6,000 bucks.

I dont care for the hassy medium digi setup compared to the Sinar which can be used as a SLR or Monorail Bellows and can take about any lense available, then again I can always rent them for the day if I feel I need them. Its hard to beat a scanned 4x5 negative, its the best of both worlds for the moment. I still love my M-Mount glass but have started to get into some digital in smaller stuff. The new Foveon 14MP sensor with a fixed 28mm lense coming out soon looks pretty good on paper, I plan on taking a second look at those for sure.

Yours truly,

Kan Win

If u want to talk megapixeles and large format then look again ->http://www.sinar.ch/site/index__gast-e-1321-23-1408-urlvars-rand-319.html