Bringing Staffordshire mix back to Thailand

Brought 2 staffordshires out of Thailand 2 years ago and need to bring them back again this summer but one of the transportation agents I'm in contact with is telling me their Thai agent says that new regulations state that this breed is now not permitted to enter the country. Can anyone please confirm one way or another. Thanks.

1 hour ago, AussieRules said:

Probably not the reply you want, but I'm thinking of getting a short nosed dog similar to a Staff in Thailand. Do they cope with the heat OK ? I'd read in a couple of places that it can be problematic.

Have heard that from a few sources over the years but we had ours from pups and left there when they were 7yrs and they had no issues all along. Walked and ran them daily even in the summer - they do prefer the shade but no issue with breathing. As long as they weren't ran to fatigue in the middle of the day. There's so many of this type in Thailand already as proof.

Pitbullzone Thailand website would be a good place for you to start searching if you want.

• Like 1

As I understood it, Staffy's were banned for input, same as pitbulls. As you probably know, there's the American staff and the English staff, with the former being like a large APBT, hence the ban. There's been threads over the years from people wanting to important English staffs.