Where to buy Windows Vista and how much?

Crushdepth

Well despite being "launched", there was no sign of Vista in Fortune today, aside from the bootleg copies. Has anyone sighted it for retail in BKK yet?

The Microsoft website says it will take me 103 hours to download it....yeah right...

Whats the url to Microsoft Vista download site? Do they accept paying customers downloading outside the US?

Well despite being "launched", there was no sign of Vista in Fortune today, aside from the bootleg copies. Has anyone sighted it for retail in BKK yet?

The Microsoft website says it will take me 103 hours to download it....yeah right...

Whats the url to Microsoft Vista download site? Do they accept paying customers downloading outside the US?

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/shop/default.mspx

I don't see anything in their TOS that forbids downloading from outside the US.

Tried with digital download to Thailand, only US allowed. Bummer.

But not too surprising since a UK colleague of mine advised me that the price difference between the US and the UK is horrendous.

E.G. In the US prices start from $100 (£52) for an upgrade of Vista Home basic to $249 (£127) for the equivalent Ultimate version. However, in the UK they range from @ £100 for upgrade version {Standard} to £249 for the upgrade to Ultimate.

Regards

//edit for grammar//

Edited by A_Traveller

IT-City announce for Home-Basic Baht 3,990.00, Home -Premium Baht 4990.00 and Business 32 Bit Baht 5,990.00, I was getting the price from IT-City at Seacon Square ib BKK.

How much was the Ultimate?

Hi George,

IT-City didn't have the Ultimate in program right now and wasn't able to tell me the "future" price.

Tried with digital download to Thailand, only US allowed. Bummer.

But not too surprising since a UK colleague of mine advised me that the price difference between the US and the UK is horrendous.

E.G. In the US prices start from $100 (£52) for an upgrade of Vista Home basic to $249 (£127) for the equivalent Ultimate version. However, in the UK they range from @ £100 for upgrade version {Standard} to £249 for the upgrade to Ultimate.

Regards

//edit for grammar//

And let us not forget that England is about the only place on Earth that doesn't get a localised version of M$ software (unless Vista is a first in this respect -- I must admit I haven't been keeping up ... it might be, but I somehow doubt it).

George, the Girl told is an MS Full Version! And it should be because IT-City is Microsoft Reseller and they sell normally New Versions only, not OEM or so! Buty I'll get tomorrow more info.

You might want to show up at Pantip Friday afternoon. There will be a Vista launch event, music, prizes, etc. there with some promotions at IT City. You could buy it then and maybe have special deals. All the info I have is in Thai (attached)

post-19158-1170216903_thumb.jpg

Just got a quotation for Vista ultimate from my local PC dealer (A Microsoft Genuine Dealer listed in Cdnvics link above). I had asked for a Upgrade version, but those "have to be ordered from Singapore and that takes 2-3 weeks"...

Vista Ultimate OEM: 8,600 Baht incl. VAT

Sounds expensive to me! Ultima Upgrades goes for 220-250 USD on eBay as an example.

I'd agree - newegg.com has Ultimate OEM 32-bit for US$199.99 (6876) , upgrade for $249.99 (8600) and full retail for $378.99 (13037).

I don't expect to get US online prices here but I hope it's available for less that. Is there much tax on software?

Prices for Vista in Sim Lim Square Singapore if 1S$ = 23 baht:

Home Basic @ 3887 baht $169

Home Premium @ 4807 baht $209

Business @ 5865 baht $255

Ultimate @ 7659 baht $333

If you get a tax refund at the airport then deduct another 2-5% so overall 10-15% cheaper than Thailand which is normal for Microsoft products bought in Singapore.