12m meth pills seized in Lampang

snoop1130

12m meth pills seized in Lampang

By The Nation

fdgfrg.JPG

Troops and police said they foiled an attempt to smuggle an estimated 12 million methamphetamine pills via Lampang on Tuesday evening.

Actings on a tip-off, police and troops at a checkpoint in Lampang's Mae Prik district stepped up truck checks passing the checkpoint on Tuesday.

At 6:30pm, the authorities said they checked furniture onboard a truck driven by Surasak Phanpan, 47, of Chiang Rai's Pa Daed district.

The check found that each of 30 document cabinets had four plastic bags and each bag contained about 400,000 meth pills.

The driver was arrested and police would try to find who hired him to smuggle the drugs.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30347120

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-6-6

"The driver was arrested and police would try to find who hired him to smuggle the drugs."

I suspect they already know that,someone gave them the tip off,so why not whom they

belong to,next they need to know the final destination of the drugs, good job the Police.

regards Worgeordie

55 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

The check found that each of 30 document cabinets had four plastic bags and each bag contained about 400,000 meth pills.

I know maths was never the Thais strongest point but ( 400.000 x 4 ) x 30 = 48.000.000

• Like 1

I think they mean 400,000 in each cabinet.probaly enough to keep Singapore happy for a couple of months.the busts seem to be getting bigger every week which goes to show the law isn't doing its job and the problem is only getting bigger.please let's have no calls out for this horrible drug to be legalised.its a #$%¥ing poison.