Recommend an ophthalmologist in Pattaya?

wpcoe

Anybody have experience with an ophthalmologist in Pattaya that they can recommend?  I would also consider going to Bangkok if there's an outstanding candidate there, as these are my eyes we're talking about.

For several years I've felt a bit of eye strain with my right eye, and have somewhat frequent headaches behind that eye.  Today I just noticed that if I close my left eye, that some straight horizontal lines seem to bulge.  Don't know if this is new or I just never noticed that particular phenomenon before.  An ophthalmologist is the right type of doctor to see, right?

Thanks for the quick reply!  You know me too well -- it's been several years since I've had an exam.

Before I book an online appointment:  can I chose a particular doctor for the exam, and if so, any recommendations?

Decided to see if I could register on web site without making appointment, but it proceeds right into making an appointment, and I *can* choose doctor, so any recommendations would be helpful.

Edited by wpcoe

Yes. And I suggest you come to Rutnin Eye Hospital in Bangkok. even if what you report turns out to be nothing (or nothing more than need for new glasses) you are probably well overdue for a complete eye exam.

http://www.rutnin.com/th/home/

Thanks Sheryl for the reminder , I do my yearly at Bumagraud but started at Rutin when I first got here to monitor slight cataract progression and feel I should go back there for my full yearly and bring all my records from Bumagraud. How much is a very full and inclusive eye exam at Rutnin ? Thanks for all your help, your help is as helpful as the amazing medical care facilities here and Dr.'s that can be had at such affordable prices that can be accessed so quick [emoji120]

When does your new book come out that you are writing ? If your not writing one possibly you should so you can help even more and be rewarded for your really amazing work .

Googling my symptom or horizontal lines not appearing straight (googling medical situations is not generally recommended, I know...) it can be a sign of macular degeneration.

The earliest I can see Dr. Roy @ Rutnin is 19-April.  Do you think it's okay to wait 11 days, or should I schedule for a different doctor that I can see earlier?  i.e. How quickly can something like macular degeneration progress?

Edited by wpcoe
rewording

I assume you mean 19 June ??

Age related macular degenration occurs slowly, needs to be looked at but not an emergency. That said, I'm sure you'll feel better seeing someone sooner rather than later so try this other doctor at Rutnin, also very good, US trained and has pretty frequent schedule:

http://www.rutnin.com/en/doctor/detail.5.1_Search by name_15_0.html#thumb

• Thanks 1