Developed-in-Thailand road watch system catches lawbreakers, saves money

snoop1130

What an absolute load of Rubbish.

Australia and other countries have had that technology for years.

They have camera,s monitoring stolen cars, Unreg and uninsured vehicles for a long time now.

They have a new device that will detect if you are on your mobile phone while driving and take photo of you and your Number plate.

They don,t do change lane offences because it is not a major cause of road fatalities.

There main objective is to improve there death toll every year,

Here will be to collect revenue money. Sad.

Its a well known fact that Police issuing a ticket on the street has more effect on other motorists than any speed or change lane camera ticket they receive in the post.

On 6/8/2018 at 6:06 PM, worgeordie said:

On the ring road up here in Chiang Mai, they have a big 

set up over the road,with a speed read out for each of

the 4 lanes,its supposed to take photos and a fine issued

if you exceed the 90 Km speed limit. 

Today I drove under it doing 80 Km ,but the sign said 47 Km,

another system developed in Thailand ?

regards Worgeordie

Going home I drove through one on  the main road near white temple , It said I was going 85 , when actually I was doing 70.  .

An excellent initiative, resulting in even less actual policing by the bib... something that most would have thought impossible..... and so the carnage continues. 

I wonder if they wonder about that... lol... silly me, they handed out an award for this stupidity.

On 6/8/2018 at 9:06 PM, worgeordie said:

On the ring road up here in Chiang Mai, they have a big 

set up over the road,with a speed read out for each of

the 4 lanes,its supposed to take photos and a fine issued

if you exceed the 90 Km speed limit. 

Today I drove under it doing 80 Km ,but the sign said 47 Km,

another system developed in Thailand ?

regards Worgeordie

I noticed that also when i went under that one 

15 hours ago, adamaa said:

What an absolute load of Rubbish.

Australia and other countries have had that technology for years.

They have camera,s monitoring stolen cars, Unreg and uninsured vehicles for a long time now.

They have a new device that will detect if you are on your mobile phone while driving and take photo of you and your Number plate.

They don,t do change lane offences because it is not a major cause of road fatalities.

There main objective is to improve there death toll every year,

Here will be to collect revenue money. Sad.

Its a well known fact that Police issuing a ticket on the street has more effect on other motorists than any speed or change lane camera ticket they receive in the post.

Agreed BUT...

"They have camera,s[sic] monitoring stolen cars, Unreg and uninsured vehicles for a long time now." - falls more into 'revenue raising' than reducing the road toll.

On 6/8/2018 at 5:38 PM, observer90210 said:

Very bad news. This means less manned checkpoints, less tea money. ?

i think the tea money system finally also will fade in thailand....people have more wealth an education nowadays and everybody has a camera..docial media plays another part...so it will fade in the end

On 6/10/2018 at 9:40 AM, essox essox said:

does it catch THE UNDERTAKERS (not the ones for dead people).....the ones that undertake on the left??

It is ILLEGAL to undertake, according to the laws of the road....by every one still does it !!

the police tend to be some of thw worst drivers, I have had to undertake police many times on toll ways and even country roads such as the bkk to hua hin type,  they sit in the third lane, doing a crawl , not even attempting to reach speed limit.

life is too short to wait, best would be to put them down like dogs, but not in thailand I guess , maybe in thailand the phrase would be put them down like immigrants from surrounding countries that are not as high in status compared to thai people.

1 minute ago, manchega said:

the police tend to be some of thw worst drivers, I have had to undertake police many times on toll ways and even country roads such as the bkk to hua hin type,  they sit in the third lane, doing a crawl , not even attempting to reach speed limit.

life is too short to wait, best would be to put them down like dogs, but not in thailand I guess , maybe in thailand the phrase would be put them down like immigrants from surrounding countries that are not as high in status compared to thai people.

send them back to retake their driving test and watch the video.....

50 minutes ago, essox essox said:

send them back to retake their driving test and watch the video.....

nah was thinking more like rohingue refugees someties just found dead, raped tortured in immigration camps, but guess the video is boring enough to kill too