Cost to drive from Khon kaen to Pattaya

chopper23

2 minutes ago, starky said:

Could do it on a full tank in a Hi-Lux easy with economical driving so @2000 but you know what they say if you need to ask you probably can't afford it.

One way or 2 ways.. I mean 520 km at 2000bt  sounds like a lot even my benzine car (thought Hi Lux was diesel) would be far cheaper for 1 way.. round trip probably a bit more 2400 or so.

2 hours ago, robblok said:

One way or 2 ways.. I mean 520 km at 2000bt  sounds like a lot even my benzine car (thought Hi Lux was diesel) would be far cheaper for 1 way.. round trip probably a bit more 2400 or so.

520Kms @10Km/Ltr is about 52Ltrs. So not too difficult to multiply 52 by 28.whatever

Of course if by car gas you mean LPG then multiply the result of 520 divided by your Km/L by about 14.

Someone bunk of maths too often ...

Just now, JAS21 said:

520Kms @10Km/Ltr is about 52Ltrs. So not too difficult to multiply 52 by 28.whatever

Of course if by car gas you mean LPG then multiply the result of 520 divided by your Km/L by about 14.

Someone bunk of maths too often ...

I am great at math,  just did not know all the right variables in the equation. For one I am not sure about the fuel prices at this moment nor am i sure about the milage on my car. Normally around 1 to 10 but I get better millage on longer trips 1 to 13 or more. So it did not make real sense to come up with an precise amount that would be an approximation anyway. 

Just felt that 2000 bt for 520 km was a bit much so it could have been a round trip. But I have no clue how much a Hi Lux uses and if its diesel or benzine. 

16 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Of course if by car gas you mean LPG

Same question from me. Quite unclear from the OP.

For me: small sedan (Mazda 2), 7 liter/100 km of E20. 27 Baht/liter.

7*27*5.2 ~ 982 Baht oneway.

Ok so let's say 1000 Baht (adding for the endless jam when reaching Pattaya :tongue:).

7 liter/100 km ~ 14.3 km/liter

Edited by KhunBENQ

1 minute ago, robblok said:

I am great at math,  just did not know all the right variables in the equation. For one I am not sure about the fuel prices at this moment nor am i sure about the milage on my car. Normally around 1 to 10 but I get better millage on longer trips 1 to 13 or more. So it did not make real sense to come up with an precise amount that would be an approximation anyway. 

Just felt that 2000 bt for 520 km was a bit much so it could have been a round trip. But I have no clue how much a Hi Lux uses and if its diesel or benzine. 

I didn't mean you ... after I submitted I realised it could cause confusion ... sorry ....

Just now, JAS21 said:

I didn't mean you ... after I submitted I realised it could cause confusion ... sorry ....

No offence taken don't worry. But I did think you meant me. 

I never really check the fuel prices because I don't use my car that much I use the motorbike a lot but filling that one up is cheap. So I just don't have those numbers in my head as they are of no use to me. 

9 hours ago, robblok said:

Yeah I was assuming they would be going back so round trip. Costs me a fair bit more than that as I am far from an economical driver.

Edited by starky

520kms is about 2 1/2 tanks of fuel for the Harley (Heritage Softail) at roughly 500 baht/tank = 1,250 baht (one way) (using the most expensive fuel).

If you are running E20 or some other cheap crap, or a bike with better mileage, then obviously your costs will be less.

I do this drive many times in the year. I head for Cabin Buri. I have the Mazda BT50, 2.5turbo I normally top up 3 times with 1,000 baht in total for there and back. Quite a few police check points and speed cameras.Have learned and no fines over the last 6 years. Make sure  you have Thai drive license or international and your road tax up to date.

Normally I find towards the week end when more police stops. I have 3-4 stops for a drink and little walk around. Takes on average 7 hours at 100-120  speed. Try get there and back with no night time driving. Watch the road many speedsters on the road overtaking at very fast speeds all the busses stay over in the right lanes, will not pull over to the left.

17 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

Around 520 km, cost depends on type of car, type of fuel, driving style etc etc

Sent from my CPH1821 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I live in Khon Kaen and have done this trip many times. To get there and back and running around Pattaya for a few days in a 1.8 Altis cost around 2200 baht. Thats steady driving averaging around 12km/l on cars display graphics.

37 minutes ago, shaurene said:

I do this drive many times in the year. I head for Cabin Buri. I have the Mazda BT50, 2.5turbo I normally top up 3 times with 1,000 baht in total for there and back. Quite a few police check points and speed cameras.Have learned and no fines over the last 6 years. Make sure  you have Thai drive license or international and your road tax up to date.

Normally I find towards the week end when more police stops. I have 3-4 stops for a drink and little walk around. Takes on average 7 hours at 100-120  speed. Try get there and back with no night time driving. Watch the road many speedsters on the road overtaking at very fast speeds all the busses stay over in the right lanes, will not pull over to the left.

Especially BT50's doing 120kph on a 90kph road. 

27 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

? Take the bus, cheaper and no need to drive yourself 

Just make sure it isn't likely to suffer brake failure and/or Mr Stearer isn't tired ... pissed... or high on something...

35 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Just make sure it isn't likely to suffer brake failure and/or Mr Stearer isn't tired ... pissed... or high on something...

Correct, and if B 2000 is on the cards then fly; countless flights by various operators for less than than ?