Anyone know the cost of the Zen Paintings at Promenada?

mat999

There is a gallery upstairs with some simple zen paintings in various sizes. I waited for ages for the artist and their phone number on the wall wouldn’t work. So does anyone else know roughly how much they cost?

B29F1BDA-B72E-41BD-B071-8F74E7E296ED.jpeg

1 hour ago, Pesky said:

There used to be a "mall information desk" on the same floor as Rimping/Wine Connection, but I don't know if it is still there. Good luck.

Yes, it's still there right at the main entrance. That is pretty much the way to get in contact with the sellers. About a year ago we were interested in some furniture up there that also had a non-working telephone number advertised, and we left a message at the desk. About 3 days later we got a call from the seller. Unfortunately, their price was beyond ridiculous which would explain why there was no interest/sales.

• Thanks 1

On 6/17/2018 at 9:41 AM, Trujillo said:

If the stall is pretty much abandoned, just take one and leave your estimated donation on the stool provided. 

Might get chased by a mall cop. The painting shop next door was abandoned for the day but the zen one had a light on the desk with paint open. Maybe s/he charges so much that s/he can afford a long lunch at Ragu or Dukes everyday, followed by a visit to the Cinema. ?

I will try the information desk next time. But it would be good if someone knew as I have no plans to go there for the next 3 months. They look so fragile and easy to make that they might just start at 500 Baht. They probably get almost free rent too.

When I'd finished shopping at Promenada this afternoon, I stopped at the info desk & asked for the "Zen" phone number. They did not have it to hand, so one of the assistants  went upstairs to Zen & phoned the number on display. When she returned she said that the artist had answered & would be coming to Promenada in 15 minutes. I was unable to hang around but got the artist's name/phone number : Thanakorn 099 5191535.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all and Pesky for the number. I just called and asked for an idea of prices. He said 10,000 Baht. ?

Might print something similar for now for 100 Baht on normal paper and keep it in mind for a retirement hobby. 

1 hour ago, mat999 said:

Thanks all and Pesky for the number. I just called and asked for an idea of prices. He said 10,000 Baht. ?

Might print something similar for now for 100 Baht on normal paper and keep it in mind for a retirement hobby. 

That pretty much explains why all the shops fail up there. We estimated the furniture we were interested in about a year ago to be about 50,000 Baht - top. We were very surprised when the seller called 3 days later asking 95,000 for the items......which are probably still up there and won't ever sell.?

14 hours ago, mat999 said:

Surely something got lost in translation there...........or the seller thought you wanted to buy the whole shop!!!!!

2 hours ago, Pesky said:

Surely something got lost in translation there...........or the seller thought you wanted to buy the whole shop!!!!!

No, I'm sure nothing was lost in translation. There is a reason why it looks as though nothing has ever sold in that shop. Same with the furniture shop we were interested in.

2 hours ago, elektrified said:

No, I'm sure nothing was lost in translation. There is a reason why it looks as though nothing has ever sold in that shop. Same with the furniture shop we were interested in.

Ummm.......if they value each one at 10k Baht why would they leave so many of them (50 maybe?) unattended????  ?

5 hours ago, Pesky said:

Ummm.......if they value each one at 10k Baht why would they leave so many of them (50 maybe?) unattended????  ?

The furniture has been unattended for years and judging by the price they gave us, there has to be over 3 million Baht worth of furniture. The fact that the art and furniture is unattended means nothing.

1 hour ago, elektrified said:

The fact that the art and furniture is unattended means nothing.

Just maybe it would to a thief ??? 

Sorry, but I can't believe for one minute that the seller of the Zen paintings is asking 10k Baht per item, hence my comment on mat999's post after his phone call ie a genuine misunderstanding occurred somewhere along the line. However I do not doubt you were quoted the price for the furniture which you stated. I have also found that the majority of independent retailers (of many differing goods/services) are open to sensible negotiation on price.........

Edited by Pesky

On 6/19/2018 at 6:32 PM, Pesky said:

When I'd finished shopping at Promenada this afternoon, I stopped at the info desk & asked for the "Zen" phone number. They did not have it to hand, so one of the assistants  went upstairs to Zen & phoned the number on display. When she returned she said that the artist had answered & would be coming to Promenada in 15 minutes. I was unable to hang around but got the artist's name/phone number : Thanakorn 099 5191535.

Hope this helps.

Today whilst at Promenada, I went upstairs to the "Zen Shop", which was as usual unattended. I also discovered that the name/phone number previously given to me by the Information staff,  actually relates to the "framed paintings" shop next door to Zen (again unattended). The phone number posted in the Zen shop was unobtainable when I tried it. 

So the mystery continues.........unless you know otherwise.?

Zen.jpg

I asked for a rough idea of price and the price he should have given is for a small one. He was stalling so it will be very negotiable. But I have already purchased a beautiful alternative print, which I will get printed at a local printer for a fraction of the cost. The paintings are all imperfect, so 10K sounds crazy, but it will be special paper and paint.

The number in the shop doesn't work, I used the one in this thread. On the phone he 100% knew which paintings I was talking about.

Edited by mat999

• 1 month later...
On 6/18/2018 at 6:51 PM, mat999 said:

Might get chased by a mall cop. The painting shop next door was abandoned for the day but the zen one had a light on the desk with paint open. Maybe s/he charges so much that s/he can afford a long lunch at Ragu or Dukes everyday, followed by a visit to the Cinema. ?

I will try the information desk next time. But it would be good if someone knew as I have no plans to go there for the next 3 months. They look so fragile and easy to make that they might just start at 500 Baht. They probably get almost free rent too.

Saw a shop selling exactly the same things , looks like its the same person .

The shop is located near Panthip plaza . a few shops away from *Butter is better*

• Thanks 1