Loose plastic chairs and locked exit door – Krabi-Phi Phi ferry

webfact

Loose plastic chairs and locked exit door – Krabi-Phi Phi ferry

By The Thaiger

35943633_10214259853903366_1689463336212

There is no doubt a lot of infrastructure is at critical ‘overload’ stage where tourist attractions are struggling to cope with the sheer number of tourists and visitors coming to the region. This applies to the transport infrastructure getting people here and there as well.

While there has been an announcement about new ferry services linking the golden tourist triangle of Phuket, Phang Nga and Krabi, we’re still a few years away from introduction.

No problem. Improvise! So when you run out of properly designed, secure seats in your passenger ferry, just add a few cheap white plastic garden chairs on the slippery linoleum ferry floor!

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/cheap-plastic-chairs-being-used-on-krabi-phi-phi-ferry

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-06-22

Just now, NCC1701A said:

make sure you block the exits while you are at it.

MORONS!

Are they sitting in front of the door? That's VERY illegal, i hope some foreigner will tell em...And they are hammering on safety for boats in Phuket since a few weeks.?

3 hours ago, webfact said:

There is no doubt a lot of infrastructure is at critical ‘overload’ stage where tourist attractions are struggling to cope with the sheer number of tourists and visitors coming to the region.

this is pure greed, nothing else, pile them in disregarding safety by blocking  exits - money number one

Plastic chairs are very dangerous! Check out "Entrapment" by Bill Kearns on You Tube. Bill is an Australian bush poet whose laconic delivery leaves his audience in hysterics. Highly recommended especially to teachers who are attempting to inject a little humour into their lessons!

Thais not take care about safy at all.

Thais ruin the reputation of Thailand! As simple as it can be and can not blame others!!!!!!!!!!

Traveling in Thailand can be more dangerouse and advantures then any other place like Irak, Timbuktu .....

Took the Tigerline ferry to Ko lipe a few years ago...... handles had been removed from the emergency exit windows, life jackets were all neatly and tightly packed away up front of the cabin, wrapped in plastic ! Think I’ll sit outside !

As the exit door was locked throughout their time onboard, blocking the exit should be the least of concerns. Why don't passengers immediately complain to the boat captain - it's their lives being toyed with carelessness. 

12 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Very poorly thought out. Those chairs are just going to add to the plastic littering the sea, when the ferry sinks.

If they tied the life-jackets to the back of the seat, they could salvage both items after the sinking.

1 minute ago, canuckamuck said:
4 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

If they tied the life-jackets to the back of the seat, they could salvage both items after the sinking.

Tying might not be good enough, I suggest zip ties.

Yes, that's a much better solution. Unless of course some passengers had a pair of cutters in their bag.

(I think I'd better point out that I made these sarcastic posts after reading an earlier post, when a someone said that on one trip they saw all the life-jackets were inaccessible in a cupboard)

10 hours ago, 300sd said:

I hope this is not an indication of how they would service other parts of this ferry. Like keeping it from sinking comes to mind....

I'll pass on a trip thanks!

Once a habit starts here, it grows.....this will be the norm soon!

9 hours ago, poyai111 said:

Sorry bush poet fans and students of fine literature. I have raised your levels of anxiety unintentionally. I apologise for my lack of expertise in the use of computers - try this one    https//youtube.com/watch?v=ozinIE-EOwM

On the youtube page, simply highlight all the stuff in the browser location bar (https://www.youtube...etc, etc), right click mouse and "copy".   Then return to the ThaiVisa comment box, right click and "paste".  It'll then show up as you see it here.  ?

On 6/22/2018 at 10:57 AM, Thian said:

Are they sitting in front of the door? That's VERY illegal, i hope some foreigner will tell em...And they are hammering on safety for boats in Phuket since a few weeks.?

I hope some foreigner will tell them.

By jove eh

7 minutes ago, Expatthailover said:

I hope some foreigner will tell them.

By jove eh

Well, a Bangladeshi would want to Out and sit on the roof.

A Japanese will complain that there's no Platform Prodder for squeezing even more in.

Aside from all that - those plastic chairs are more comfy than wood slat seats, by far!

Archived