Mother cries foul after teacher humiliates son over unpaid school fee

webfact

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 6:39 AM, greenchair said:

It doesn't say the mother doesn't have money. 

It says she won't pay because her ex husband should pay. And he doesn't want to pay. It was extra money for learning with a native speaker. Do you know how much it costs for a small school to hire a native speaker. 

This mother needs to take responsibility. She should have paid it and sorted it out with the father or taken the child out of the English class. I want a Mercedes benz but my husband won't pay either.

So I do extra work or I don't get one. This mother is clearly shirking her responsibility. 

There's nothing wrong with the shirt. The writing is on a piece of tape. Quite innotive of the teacher to come up with that, I thought. I'll remember that next time my students don't pay. 

"I'll remember that next time my students don't pay."  and be an a hole as well- but that's your prerogative .

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 8:12 PM, dallen52 said:

They should do the same withThai men who beat women.

Gamble the family money away.

Have another on the side. 

Same all the bus and truckdrivers who kill and maim on the road. 

A big sign around thier necks.

I beat my wife.

I drive dangerously. 

I gamble the family money away.

If they do this to a child for 700 baht. 

Maybe a ball and chain around the leg too....

Not forgetting the Thai women who also have friends with benefits, gamble, beat their kids, drink, etc.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Artisi said:

"I'll remember that next time my students don't pay."  and be an a hole as well- but that's your prerogative .

Did you just passively aggressively call me an a hole on thai visa artisi. 

Because you know that's against forum rules don't you! !!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

I am a teacher.

I would never do as this teacher did to this child.

You teach in a hobsnob private international school that overcharge the hobsnob parents just because they can. They wouldn't even let a kid in the door without those 100,000 baht fees paid. So not likely you will ever face this situation. They are vetted at the door. 

Shame this poor school didn't have the same ethics. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, greenchair said:

You teach in a hobsnob private international school that overcharge the hobsnob parents just because they can. They wouldn't even let a kid in the door without those 100,000 baht fees paid. So not likely you will ever face this situation. They are vetted at the door. 

Bit harsh, don't you think !!!

24 minutes ago, greenchair said:

I've taught around the world, including some extremely deprived areas across the UK, including one school where I taught in a porta-cabin outside the main building [and had to wear an attack alarm round my neck at all times, due to an viscous assault on a teacher by a parent the previous year].

The children were very challenging.

Not once would I have resorted to the bullying, humiliating tactics employed in this case.

Never.

Next time, before you make groundless accusations, make sure you know what you are talking about, eh...

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 12:46 PM, billd766 said:

Try thinking about Thailand salaries  and not in USD.

In Thailand that is 2 1/3 days pay at the legal minimum wage.

Getting a very bad deal, aren't they!

7 hours ago, Expatthailover said:

'They'

So you are truly suggestung that one parent using/blaming the other is unique to thailand.

It happens all over the world, every day . Look beyond your anti thai agenda and you too will see that.

Another grateful expat.

Keep sharing the love, brother!

57 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I've taught around the world, including some extremely deprived areas across the UK, including one school where I taught in a porta-cabin outside the main building [and had to wear an attack alarm round my neck at all times, due to an viscous assault on a teacher by a parent the previous year].

The children were very challenging.

Not once would I have resorted to the bullying, humiliating tactics employed in this case.

Never.

Next time, before you make groundless accusations, make sure you know what you are talking about, eh...

As I've said before, you really can't compare your low decile English school with a Thai economically challenged school. I'm not going to go into all the extra government resources you are provided with to teach in those schools. 

Your idea of abuse and mine clearly differ. So another useless chat. My comment is factual, your international school wouldn't let them in the door without the full fee. 

Trust me, I tried it. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, greenchair said:

As I've said before, you really can't compare your low decile English school with a Thai economically challenged school. I'm not going to go into all the extra government resources you are provided with to teach in those schools. 

Your idea of abuse and mine clearly differ. So another useless chat. My comment is factual, your international school wouldn't let them in the door without the full fee. 

Trust me, I tried it. 

Read my post then try and comment on it's content, rather than repeating your inaccurate, ill formed "opinions".

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Read my post then try and comment on it's content, rather than repeating your inaccurate, ill formed "opinions".

I'm not commenting on your crappy summer school in England. 

We're in Thailand. 

If you post something relevant to thai schools, I'll read and comment.

But you never do. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, greenchair said:

I'm not commenting on your crappy summer school in England. 

We're in Thailand. 

If you post something relevant to thai schools, I'll read and comment.

But you never do. 

You said I don't understand the circumstances this teacher faced.

I made very clear to you I have worked in deprived areas in the UK as  a teacher.

I spent my first ten years doing so.

I taught very challenging children and never bullied or humiliated them in this manner.

You choose to ignore that, as it doesn't suit your agenda.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

You said I don't understand the circumstances this teacher faced.

I made very clear to you I have worked in deprived areas in the UK as  a teacher.

I spent my first ten years doing so.

I taught very challenging children and never bullied or humiliated them in this manner.

You choose to ignore that, as it doesn't suit your agenda.

We're in Thailand lovely. 

What have you done in Thailand? 

What do you know about education in Thailand? 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, greenchair said:

We're in Thailand lovely. 

What have you done in Thailand? 

What do you know about education in Thailand? 

A lot more than you. 

However that is not the accusation you made. 

You said I do not understand the pressures teachers can be under. 

You are wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

No, what I am usually doing is pointing out just how indifferent and callous you can be to anything that doesn't involve you.

Or fit your very narrow, bitter view of the world.

I'm just not as gullible as you. 

That woman has shirked her responsibility and is riding hi on a pity party to avoid the bill. 

It's as simple as that. I often tape notes to the kids. No harm in it whatsoever. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, greenchair said:

That woman has shirked her responsibility and is riding hi on a pity party to avoid the bill. 

It's as simple as that. I often tape notes to the kids. No harm in it whatsoever. 

I don’t care what the mother did or did not do. 

It doesn't justify the teacher humiliating and bullying this child. 

They are an absolute disgrace to teaching. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

A lot more than you. 

However that is not the accusation you made. 

You said I do not understand the pressures teachers can be under. 

You are wrong. 

You compare with schools in England. 

Like chalk and cheese. 

It's not right that you do that. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, greenchair said:

You compare with schools in England. 

Like chalk and cheese. 

It's not right that you do that. 

You said I do not understand the pressures teachers can be under. 

You are wrong. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, greenchair said:

" I often tape notes to the kids. No harm in it whatsoever. "  Is this a joke or sarcasm ?  Oh, I get it. You tape 1000 baht notes to the kids . I guess that's ok.

On a serious note, pun intended. I don't have kids, I'm not a teacher or a student. But, I would have thought that if communication with the parent was necessary, a note in a sealed envelope is the way to go. Or even a phone call ?

But hey, what would I know !

• Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, malt25 said:

" I often tape notes to the kids. No harm in it whatsoever. "  Is this a joke or sarcasm ?  Oh, I get it. You tape 1000 baht notes to the kids . I guess that's ok.

On a serious note, pun intended. I don't have kids, I'm not a teacher or a student. But, I would have thought that if communication with the parent was necessary, a note in a sealed envelope is the way to go. Or even a phone call ?

But hey, what would I know !

I have no doubt that the teacher had sent notes home, called the mother and tried other means. 

The mothers fight is the school should get the money from the father. The father is on a runner. The mother is trying to involve the school in her domestic problems that should be sorted by the courts. My husband had this problem. The court order says the father must pay for the education. But the mother thinks they can get all the extra classes. My hub ex put the kid in private eng lessons at 1000 baht an hour. We got a bill of 25000 per month for education. We had to go back to the court and specifically define what "pay for education means ".  We didn't pay either. 

But in this case she's trying to get the school to enforce the order. She wouldn't win in court. The court says all extra classes are the option of the mother. She pays. 

The teacher did make a mistake, in that she should have removed the child from the class. But maybe the mother was saying next week next week and now the course is finished. The mother is the one abusing and upsetting the child here. 

Not the teacher. 

11 hours ago, greenchair said:

BS to the initial comment and as for taping notes onto the kids, what a novel but primitive idea.  

In this particular case, guess you think it's a real joke, or possibly it's your warped superior nature that you believe the note content should belittle and embarrass the child. 

• Like 2