Overstay

Getting a stamp for a 4 day overstay is usual.

It shouldn’t affect you returning, especially if using a non ‘O’ visa. Having previously overstayed isn’t a specified reason for denying entry unless banned.

There is a government phone number 1111. You will get a live person and they will answer any questions you have about any government activities and policies. That is your best bet to get a correct answer to your question. If you are out of the country perhaps you have a friend in Thailand who can make the call for you. 

14 minutes ago, TerryLH said:

Why do you feel you were unlucky to get a stamp that is routine for overstayers?

Unsure, but maybe because some (or many?) people don't get the overstay stamp for short overstays of just a few days ?

I remember someone from my country who recently overstayed 3 days on his 30 days visa exempt, and in his brand new passport he had just the Thai Entry and Exit stamps...  He had to pay the fine though.

5 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Unsure, but maybe because some (or many?) people don't get the overstay stamp for short overstays of just a few days ?

I remember someone from my country who recently overstayed 3 days on his 30 days visa exempt, and in his brand new passport he had just the Thai Entry and Exit stamps...  He had to pay the fine though.

Immigration may have agreed to put the overstay stamp in the old passport. Alternatively, the stamp may have been forgotten in the confusion of stamp transfer to new passport plus overstay. Whatever, there should always be an overstay stamp for an overstay of more than one day. For a one day overstay, sometimes you get the stamp; sometimes not.

2 hours ago, BritTim said:

Whatever, there should always be an overstay stamp for an overstay of more than one day. For a one day overstay, sometimes you get the stamp; sometimes not.

You should get an overstay stamp for any overstay because you’ve overstayed, but they don’t always stamp the passport even if more than one day