Pet stores that sell goldfish and koi

AlexCanada

I'm looking for pet stores where fantail goldfish and Japanese koi are sold in Pattaya.  Will travel to Naklua or Jomtien if need be.  I'd prefer Ryukin goldfish and Shusui or Ochiba koi and of high quality but I know that's likely a stretch to ask for in Pattaya.  

If someone knows of a high end shop in Bangkok I'm also willing to travel to get what I want.  

Goldfish_Ryukin.jpg

shusui koi.jpg

shusui yellow.jpg

ochiba.jpg

Have you tried Chatuchak Market? Always an interesting day. They have just about everything you can imagine, or certainly they have people who can help you. 

And.... www.mygoldfishisalive.com

Will follow up with a friend who is an expert and let you know once I run into him

Enjoy. MS>

Hi again

Just got the info that might help you locally.

South Pattaya Rd. going towards Sukhumvit about 1.2 km from intersection South Pattaya Rd. on the corner of Soi 12, left side as going up.

Was just told the owner/lady has now some very nice fan-tailed and other species and has connections to do specific orders.

I have not verified this info and know only about fishing, not fish-pets. So I can just hope this info is accurate and can help you.

Not much risk taking a ride there.....Good luck.  MS>

2 hours ago, moonseeker said:

Hi again

Just got the info that might help you locally.

South Pattaya Rd. going towards Sukhumvit about 1.2 km from intersection South Pattaya Rd. on the corner of Soi 12, left side as going up.

Was just told the owner/lady has now some very nice fan-tailed and other species and has connections to do specific orders.

I have not verified this info and know only about fishing, not fish-pets. So I can just hope this info is accurate and can help you.

Not much risk taking a ride there.....Good luck.  MS>

Excellent. Will check it out when I get back from my Visa run.

aquarium shop soi 12 and S Pattaya Road.jpg

• 1 month later...

I've gone by the aquarium shop on South Pattaya Road and Soi 12 twice including about an hour ago and it has been closed both time during what should be regular business hours.  Anyone know if it's still open or have any recommendations for another place?

I ended up buying a couple of fantail goldfish at Thepprasit Night Market just to keep me occupied while I find some nicer goldfish.  Anyone know of a store where I can buy a small air pump and some air stones?  I forgot to buy them at Thepprasit Night Market and would rather buy somewhere more conveniently located as it costs me 500-600 baht round trip to/from Thepprasit Night market.

Hi

I could not get very accurate directions for you but my Thai GF bought a small air pump from a big general goods store she described as being behind Big C  ( north branch/2nd road) Cost was 79 baht, she said it would normally be double that.

This just a couple of days ago.

I guess it is one of 2 cash and carry  type places that are there.

Hello  Alex

Yes, that`s it, my GF did say sampeng  initially but it meant nothing to me. I`ve learnt something new.

I have been there in the past, a somewhat chaotic but interesting place.

Good Luck

Archived