Dental implant...recommendation should..?

mikey88

3 hours ago, Thailsacien said:

Elite Smile at the corner of Pantip.
51,000 THB implant+crown.
I've done 2 molars two years ago and 3 last year. Very professional.

Ok..thanks for the tip.....much appreciated..

39 minutes ago, amexpat said:

I've had several, including a complex situation, at dental 4 U. 

Web site is  an easy find on google and includes prices.

Excellent. As are some other clinics.  

Thanks for the reply...

Elite Smile is my dentist but I didn't have my implant there based on cost. When I saw Dr Jarunee at Empress the information provided beat Elite Smile by 'smiles'. The who process was excellent but I would not have anyone but Jarunee. She was trained in Germany for Implants.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peasandmash said:

dental 4 u is the best. if your concern is cost when someone is gonna put a metal pin in your head, then look elsewhere. in fact, maybe i can do it?

There are lots of good dentist in Chiang Mai - Some people recommended Elite Smile ... I bet they do a good job. 

I had 4 implants and a lot of other work done in 2012 /13. with Dental 4 U. I have used them since then for any other work that comes up. I'll be using them again in a couple months. Fine place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got mine done in Bangkok though. I have used Thantakit International Dental Center. Cost was 65,000 THB. English-speaking dentists and extraordinary facilities. They even booked me at the Avani Atrium Hotel which at a discounted rate. Highly recommended. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've had an implant in Chiang Mai at a place near the railway station (which I do not recommend), and in Melbourne, where I come from. Unlike the CM situation, the dentist in Melbourne guaranteed his work,  did not try to up-sell me on expensive (and unnecessary) extra procedures, and was price competitive: around $A1300 for the extraction, implant and crown, after health insurance reimbursement, which is Australia only. But even if I had no health insurance at all, he was price competitive, because in his words, 'I regard Thailand as my competition.'  

So now I look further afield. I don't think Chiang Mai is all that competitive for implants, and if I were to have some kind of infection (haven't had so far, and both implants are now a couple of years old), I much prefer to go back to the practice in Melbourne, not the one here. 

I had three implants done for my ex GF  in Khon Kaen.    It's   a government clinic but offers private services.      Everything ran as clock work.     Appointment times were kept and everything on both sides was done as promised.

The cost of each implant was ฿40,000.    She needed three of them.        The lady was  very  happy with the results and I'm happy for her.  Hopefully  she'll maintain good dental hygiene they'll last her the rest of her life.   My wish.

I never needed to look into a tooth replacement for myself.

I was shocked to learn that "bridges" involve basically destroying two healthy  adjacent  teeth in order to support a new tooth.       I'd NEVER opt for  such  a solution for anyone.   I  want to keep my healthy teeth and I want that for others as well.

With a P.M. I'll be happy to share a private number for the contact information of the dentist we used  in  Khon Kaen.

Cheers,

Edit to add:     With each one she said she felt absolutely no pain at all.     I was relieved about that.

Edited by watcharacters

54 minutes ago, amexpat said:

You found one unsatisfactory dentist in CM and one good one in Aus.

I guess that proves....something. 

It's an anecdote, like most of what's being described here. Beyond two dentists, what I also found was a structure that's likely to be more supportive if something goes wrong -- and that's the Australian one.