The kindness and honesty of Thai people! Lost bag containing 100K returned by taxi driver

snoop1130

The kindness and honesty of Thai people! Lost bag containing 100K returned by taxi driver

Untitled-1-45.jpg

The kindness and honesty of Thai people was once again demonstrated in abundance when a cabbie returned a bag containing more than 100,000 baht to it's rightful owner.

Incredibly that might represent half a year's wages for an average cabbie.

Travel company employee Kriangsak Sae-jang, 22, thought he had seen the last of his crocodile skin bag containing Thai and foreign currency after a trip in a cab from Suvarnabhumi airport.

But he had not bargained for the honesty of Somchai Pakkhenong driving the green and yellow 1มก (mor gor) 8898 cab with Bangkok plates.

After delivering Kriangsak to his Huay Khwang room he went on a private errand and noticed the bag stuffed with cash on the back seat.

With the help of the good folks at FM 91 radio station Kriangsak was soon reunited with his valuables.

He praised the taxi driver for his honesty and gave him a 5,000 baht reward in thanks. 

Source: https://www.springnews.co.th/view/300342

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-7-4

32 minutes ago, kannot said:

Im gonna  need  another  bigger bucket?

l suggest you get  a supply of large,cheap plastic buckets for your puking.

You've already used one for the Burmese monk at the cave story.

• Like 2

This is a new twist to an old story. At least it's original. Thai taxi drivers are wonderful people just like Thai passengers are wonderful people. They deserve each other.

Edited by Cadbury
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes it does seem a bit far fetched when you hear other horror stories of cab drivers, seems to happen at regular intervals too, plus the ceremonial handing over the said belongings and happy, happy, smiles all around, i am sure even Thai people don't swallow it!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

l suggest you get  a supply of large,cheap plastic buckets for your puking.

You've already used one for the Burmese monk at the cave story.

hence the "another"

Why, when taxi drivers are caught masturbating in the presence of female passengers, or stealing their luggage or attacking other road users with samurai swords or pistols, does the media not ascribe it to the sexual disfunction, the dishonesty or the violence of "Thai people!"?

Edited by Enoon
  • Thanks 1

Funny that,my friends mother died and he had £5,000 and her jewellery in a bag at bkk airport.while having a smoke before going on to Phuket a taxi driver asked him if he wanted a ride.turned his back on him and within seconds the driver had his bag away.went to security,looked up the cctv and sent out to catch him.my friend had to go on to Phuket and got a phone call the next day.got the lot back and sent down to him...said they have had that problem with him and other before.

4 hours ago, baansgr said:

Its the natural think to do which most people of any nationality would do, why the big deal.

The big deal is the internet is thailands worst enemy and the TRUTH is getting out about the LOS..fake ones (imo)

5 hours ago, observer90210 said:

The driver who returned the ca$h deserves full credit, no arguing on that. In fact, as he is so honest, he surely must be working for Uber/Grab, when off duty and part time !! ?

needs a  good  beating if working for "GRAB" send in the Tuk Tuk children.

10 hours ago, baansgr said:

Its the natural think to do which most people of any nationality would do, why the big deal.

so is ripping off a sextourist in pats ?

"hey you my friend, i give you good price (10x the normal price) ?

The time I left my wallet in Bangkok taxi and when contacted the help number and gave taxi door code the message came back few days later, nothing found ! Another exception rather than rule story on here

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Ahhhhhhhh...how I missed the frequent "good taxi-driver"-story!

:coffee1:

But now even topped up with a schmalzy "Kindness and honesty of Thai-people"- frosting!

It doesn't get much ...ahm...better, than this!

<deleted>, I don’t trust Thais one bit, as harsh it may sound 99.9% cannot be trusted especially taxi drivers and the like ??‍♂️

Naturaly they’re biased and sticking out for each other especially when it’s about ripping off a farang and yes I was a victim once, low life losers ..

• Like 2

Sometimes you have to wonder why certain people seem to get ripped off left and right, while others (like myself) have in 5 years only been taken advantage of once or twice to my memory. Thailand is no worse than any other country when it comes to leaving your belongings in a public vehicle, and not all cabbies are bad, but if you're always hailing cabs at 2:30 AM from Nana plaza, you might just be setting yourself up to catch the bad ones.

I find that Thailand is no worse than most Western countries in terms of returning things to their rightful owners.

I've left a pair of 6000 baht Ray Bans at H&M once and came back 2 hours later to find that the staff had kept them behind the sales counter for me.

I left my passport (in a leather holder with 2 credit cards) on one of the counters behind a toilet at a shopping area in Nonthaburi once.  When I realized it was gone three days later, I returned there and spoke to the housecleaning staff and one of the maids looked at me with a twinkle in her eye as she led me to the housecleaning office where they had kept my passport for me in a drawer, safe and sound.

Girlfriend left her iPhone 7s (worth at least 20,000 baht) in a taxi last month, and I (a farang speaking broken Thai) called it for her and the taxi driver picked up. I told him who it belonged to, her address, and we'd give him 500 baht for his trouble. He showed up at her place with the phone 15 minutes later.

As I say, people are people, no matter where you are. If you're constantly getting taken advantage of, you might be contributing to the problem.

Edited by jackspade
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

A couple of years ago my wife and I went on the train down to BKK for me to renew some documents.

We were in a taxi, got out and the taxi drove off. My wife realised that she had put my briefcase on the front seat and left it there when we both got out of the back door.

She was calling the taxi short-code we had just seen on another passing taxi, when the original taxi re-appeared. As he drove off he saw the briefcase, made a U-turn and came back.

He reluctantly accepted a hundred Baht from two hundred my wife offered him.

• Like 1

Thais can be as honest as angels but as bad as devils: just like everywhere in this world so stop always reporting about these just normal things that honest people are doing!

It even wont make Thailand a better country beside all the scaming and robbing and killing and and and...

• Like 1