North Korea slams 'gangster-like' U.S. demands after satisfied Pompeo leaves

rooster59

9 hours ago, bristolboy said:

You really think the Korean situation is comparable to the Vietname situation. Is that because the words North and South figure in both? South Korea is nothing like South Vietnam. South Korea is an advanced economic dynamo. South Vietnam was a corrupt, agricultural nation. North Vietnam was communist, but it wasn't ruled by a family dynasty and never approached the brutality and paranoia evinced the the rulers of North Korea.

You know u may be right. But I am sure if they are just left to sort this out by themselves it would have a chance of success. Again I stress that if America Kept their noses out of Vietnam there would never have been a war And if you want to talk about brutality look no further than Saudi Arabia But does America push the issue there  Wonder why? That country is also run by a family dynasty. The word my good man is Propaganda 

7 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

You know u may be right. But I am sure if they are just left to sort this out by themselves it would have a chance of success. Again I stress that if America Kept their noses out of Vietnam there would never have been a war And if you want to talk about brutality look no further than Saudi Arabia But does America push the issue there  Wonder why? That country is also run by a family dynasty. The word my good man is Propaganda 

I'm not sure what you mean by "sorting this out by themselves."

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, attrayant said:

Proxy war.  It kept the USA and China from fighting each other directly - a conflict neither had the stomach for.

Well, i am sure the 58,000  American boys the 200,000 South Vietnamese Troops The 1 million North Vietnamese troops and god who knows how many civilians who died would be so happy about that. I call most American politicians criminals in suites. Well the Chinese outsmarted the Americans there They never lost a soldier compared to America War has no winners or losers 

1 minute ago, bristolboy said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "sorting this out by themselves."

Ok they are both Korean North and South  If they got around the table and talked i am sure they would work it out They both need each other. Why does America need to be there? When America won the war of independence and struck a deal with the British to stop fighting did they call in France to be in the negotiations even though France had troops there

1 minute ago, Happyman58 said:

Ok they are both Korean North and South  If they got around the table and talked i am sure they would work it out They both need each other. Why does America need to be there? When America won the war of independence and struck a deal with the British to stop fighting did they call in France to be in the negotiations even though France had troops there

Really? I don't think South Korea shares your confidence. To date, the government hasn't asked the US to leave.

1 minute ago, bristolboy said:

Really? I don't think South Korea shares your confidence. To date, the government hasn't asked the US to leave.

How do you know that? America's policy fights wars on other peoples land but not American soil For years now they have been in Germany 200,000 of them What for? The war has been finished 70 years ago They are certainly not there to stop the nazies because the Nazi party is doing mighty fine again thank you very much. But truthfully I think The South Korean Government would just love to have some peace and unify with the north again. But really think about it Does Trump want that? Be a lot of factories in America go broke who make military equipment

14 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

How do you know that? America's policy fights wars on other peoples land but not American soil For years now they have been in Germany 200,000 of them What for? The war has been finished 70 years ago They are certainly not there to stop the nazies because the Nazi party is doing mighty fine again thank you very much. But truthfully I think The South Korean Government would just love to have some peace and unify with the north again. But really think about it Does Trump want that? Be a lot of factories in America go broke who make military equipment

I know it because the South Koreans get very unhappy when America talks about leaving. I know it because South Koreans actually help to pay for the US military presense South Korea. 

1 hour ago, Happyman58 said:

Ok they are both Korean North and South  If they got around the table and talked i am sure they would work it out They both need each other. 

Indeed. The north has raw materials, the south, arable land.

1 hour ago, Happyman58 said:

The USA is independent today because of the lifeline France and Spain threw to the USA. The Dutch helped too. Check your history. Spanish Anglo war and the 4th Dutch- Anglo war made the UK cut the ball and chain of the USA off.

The same can be said about South Korea. The Chinese and Russians have been  backing  the North because of the negative impact it has on the economies of Japan and South Korea and the USA.  The USA has important trade links with  South Korea and Japan and needs them to hem the expansionist Chinese in.

13 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

The USA is independent today because of the lifeline France and Spain threw to the USA. The Dutch helped too. Check your history. Spanish Anglo war and the 4th Dutch- Anglo war made the UK cut the ball and chain of the USA off.

The same can be said about South Korea. The Chinese and Russians have been  backing  the North because of the negative impact it has on the economies of Japan and South Korea and the USA.  The USA has important trade links with  South Korea and Japan and needs them to hem the expansionist Chinese in.

The south's 'independence' from the other half of their own republic is the problem in the first place.

21 hours ago, Morch said:

Meeting with Kim was a concession.

Calling of military drills with SK was a concession.

NK gave away nothing.

On this we agree, and this has been the history of North Korean negotiations.

1 hour ago, johnnybangkok said:

Don't you think it's highly amusing that when the 'deal' was originally announced by Trump we had all the Trumpers out in force on this forum, talking up their beloved leader and praising him to the high heavens even though many people (myself included) pointed out that N.K. has a LONG history of agreeing deals only to back out of them as quickly as they got into them.

Now that it seems they are doing exactly the same thing again, these very same people are conspicuously quiet, with not one of them commenting on this thread. The hypocrisy and cognitive bias knows no bounds.  

Donald Trump took the bait,hook,line and sinker.Went home grinning like an idiot and now feeling like one?Or is that giving him too much credit?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, johnnybangkok said:

Don't you think it's highly amusing that when the 'deal' was originally announced by Trump we had all the Trumpers out in force on this forum, talking up their beloved leader and praising him to the high heavens even though many people (myself included) pointed out that N.K. has a LONG history of agreeing deals only to back out of them as quickly as they got into them.

Now that it seems they are doing exactly the same thing again, these very same people are conspicuously quiet, with not one of them commenting on this thread. The hypocrisy and cognitive bias knows no bounds.  

Actually, to be fair to Kim, all he committed to was working toward denuclearization. Not achieving it and not defining what is meant by denuclearization.

22 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Ask Don't you ever get sick of wars people killing each other I do Today war is a business creates jobs and money. The sad part is people have to die to keep this business going. Ok if they don't have Korea situation to keep the business flowing they will have to find somewhere else. I give you a fact and this will amaze you. Since the American nation has been independent country 300 plus years Do you know how many years the American nation has not actually been not involved in some war somewhere ? 70 years all up in it's 300 plus existence? Korea today and if they finally find some peace and live together who will be next on America's war list? Got to keep the business going, eg Afganistan can you tell me why Americans are in Afganistan? Its nothing to do to stop communists  It is a tribal war and they will never win it because in all truthfulness who is the enemy they are fighting? They don't wear uniforms and they all look the same and have beards Turbins  It is an impossible war to win but it keeps the factories going. So desperate was America the get the Vietnam War going for the good of business they even staged The Gulf of Tonkin incident in 1963. The everyday American people are very good people It is just the corrupt leaders they have who are put there by big business to keep the money flowing.

On 7/11/2018 at 8:30 PM, bushdoctor said:

According to “a source”. ?

Just the MSM trying to unfairly tarnish Trump's brilliant diplomatic venture.  Clearly Pompeo's time in North Korea went very well indeed. And here's the proof:

North Koreans Are No-Shows at Meeting to Discuss U.S. Soldiers’ Remains

North Korean officials did not show up on Thursday for a meeting with Americans at the inter-Korean border to discuss the return of remains of United States soldiers killed in the Korean War, officials said.

Kim Jong-un, the North’s leader, committed to repatriating American soldiers’ remains in his June talks with President Trump. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said last week, after meeting with officials in North Korea, that working-level talks on the matter would be held on or around Thursday in Panmunjom, the so-called truce village on the border between North and South Korea.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/12/world/asia/north-korea-remains-soldiers.html

• Thanks 1

From the same article....

It was not clear whether the Americans had been deliberately stood up. Mr. Pompeo had cautioned that the date for the planned meeting at Panmunjom “could move by one day or two,” indicating that the two sides had not settled all the details before he left Pyongyang, the North Korean capital, on Saturday.

8 hours ago, bushdoctor said:

From the same article....

It was not clear whether the Americans had been deliberately stood up. Mr. Pompeo had cautioned that the date for the planned meeting at Panmunjom “could move by one day or two,” indicating that the two sides had not settled all the details before he left Pyongyang, the North Korean capital, on Saturday.

Okay. Let's wait until Saturday for the North Koreans to throw some new wrinkle to postpone or cancel the meeting.

EDIT: According to the article about Kim's sweet letter to Trump, North Korea now wants the meeting to take place on Sunday.

Edited by bristolboy