I want to open a (cheap) (Thai) steak restaurant, any idea ?

GSFGSF

5 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

You could focus on other zero carb foods and create the first ever in the world ketosis diet Cafe selling things like beef with veg. Almond meal pancakes,sugar free ice-cream,  cheese dipped olives etc.

The first in the world baby!

,Are you the guy from another planet? All this for 49 Baht with one staff member, for sure a carnivore (Thai bar girl), and eating most time food from a mae ka.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Ks45672 said:

The beef steaks I usually eat are imported from oz 

About 250gram but they cost 350+ depending on the venue

You can't expect too much for 49thb lol

You can expect nothing, beef steak related!

5 hours ago, GSFGSF said:

Sorry, but as already explained I am not your newbie.

I only rent to rich owners who own dozens of hundreds properties.

This owner has few buildings and many houses + a 100 millions thb land to sell.

Trust me, he is not the guy who will make any problem for 10000/thb month... He just wants easy 10000 to put gas in his cars...

So no risk at all to rent this place, I am 100% sure, owner is not your usual idiot poor Thai who think that he can milk farangs...

Seems to be Crown property ?!

I've seen those 49-59 steakhouses grow very fast, new branches all the time...but they also disappeared with the same speed.

We went there once, i ordered a chicken steak menu plus a porksteak menu. Every menu had exactly 3!! french fries so i ordered more of those for 40 baht. That was fine but the issue was i had to wait for them.

What i miss in BKK is good fish and chips bought along the road (not in a mall).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, poanoi said:

buddhists dont like to eat big animals with all that entail on

karma etc so ditch the buffalo and go for pig/chicken/fish

It has nothing to do with the size of an animal, utter nonsense. Same as Hindi in India.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bermannor said:

It has nothing to do with the size of an animal, utter nonsense. Same as Hindi in India.

i havnt asked any hindu, but the thais i asked

claimed it to be due to big animal

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, BigT73 said:

Alot of popular steak restaurants are the mookapow (sorry for crap spelling) its the diy bbq with the charcoal at your table.  I think cause of the ambience are buffet and set a fun mood for having a beer with friends and chat, they are always packed and I wouldnt say cheap compared to other Thai food.  If you are set on a steak place, focus on the kids meals,  parents will go where the kids are happy.

How do you make kids happy? With a 49 Baht meal?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, stud858 said:

As for the business idea,  I've got a business idea kind of restaurant related.  napkins, tissues, toilet paper are all used at times and I have noticed they are always plain white. 

What if you went to the manufacturers and asked them to print English lessons,  geography lessons,  etc on the roll of paper.  Now when people walk down the shopping aisle at Big C and want to buy a few rolls,  who's will stand out? 

You're welcome. 

Or print a smartphone on it and they will start chatting!

Edited by bermannor
Spelling
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, poanoi said:

The reasons are mixed, but generally Thais have no problem eating beef except that they do not eat much of it. 

This thread provides some insight. 

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-generally-the-Thai-culture-where-people-dont-eat-beef-What-is-the-origin-of-that-culture

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

I should add that target age matters quite alot. All older people begin to loose their taste and find it more difficult to distinguish qualities. So the horrific quality, chewy meat might be OK for many. 

And please tell us where you came up with this gem?

"all older People"?    " horrific quality, chewy meat might be OK for many. "?

Are you serious?    Please edit with a Big smiley face.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

And please tell us where you came up with this gem?

"all older People"?    " horrific quality, chewy meat might be OK for many. "?

Are you serious?    Please edit with a Big smiley face.

Sorry not all but most. It's a natural aging process. If the average age of farangs discussing this topic was 30 years younger, the opinions would be dramatically different even just on account of them being able to properly taste and smell. Lol

I'm one of the older gentleman 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

horrific quality, chewy meat might be OK for many.

Especially for those with 3rd teeth made in Thailand or with 50% 2nd teeth left ?!

Edited by bermannor
Spelling

12 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

The reasons are mixed, but generally Thais have no problem eating beef except that they do not eat much of it. 

This thread provides some insight. 

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-generally-the-Thai-culture-where-people-dont-eat-beef-What-is-the-origin-of-that-culture

All Thais I know who don't eat beef are good Buddhist and don't eat it because of religious reason, same (?) as Hindus.

Many Blacks in RSA dpn't eat beef because they don't eat "red meat".

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bermannor said:

Because it is much more expensive!

And sh1t quality. Not much better than chewing flavored rubber bands. Usually required to be swallowed without mastication . Not good for digestion. 

Edited by Fex Bluse
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, poanoi said:

Most staff who work at the office say the same thing about the big animal and use that as a reason for avoiding beef... And elephant or whale, when I've jokingly offered it to them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bermannor said:

All Thais I know who don't eat beef are good Buddhist and don't eat it because of religious reason, same (?) as Hindus.

Many Blacks in RSA dpn't eat beef because they don't eat "red meat".

I suppose it's a mixed bag. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Farangwithaplan said:

Most staff who work at the office say the same thing about the big animal and use that as a reason for avoiding beef... And elephant or whale, when I've jokingly offered it to them.

thai also won't eat rabbits...many times on a market i see pet rabbits for sale and i like to ask if those are nice (in thai)...mostly the vendors are shocked by that question ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Farangwithaplan said:

Could it be that they are shy to give the real reason?

• Haha 1

Just now, Thian said:

thai also won't eat rabbits...many times on a market i see pet rabbits for sale and i like to ask if those are nice (in thai)...mostly the vendors are shocked by that question ?

yeah, I've done that one too 555. I also tell them that I ate dog once in Laos and I really regret it, because now I can't stop peeing on car tyres.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

so its an evolution thing to be more specific than big animal,

but tbh evolution dont explain squat for me neither.

maybe they see it as some sort of cannibalism

Edited by poanoi

Just now, bermannor said:

Could it be that they are shy to give the real reason?

I doubt that, considering we are very tight, especially the now senior staff who have come to stay with me in my home country when there on work experience. I have a very strong bond with staff in general and I know about some of their family skeletons, their insecurities and their strong dislikes.

I see no reason for them to be shy or fear me. The senior ones trust me like an older brother.

What makes you feel so strongly that they are lying to me?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Farangwithaplan said:

I doubt that, considering we are very tight, especially the now senior staff who have come to stay with me in my home country when there on work experience. I have a very strong bond with staff in general and I know about some of their family skeletons, their insecurities and their strong dislikes.

I see no reason for them to be shy or fear me. The senior ones trust me like an older brother.

What makes you feel so strongly that they are lying to me?

Did I say lying? Sure it may be but my experience is different. Check why Hindus don't eat beef. It is the same reason.

And how many Thais know something about evolution?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Farangwithaplan said:

If whale is on a plate full of sushi i bet the Thai will all eat it.

They also eat beef, some think they get sick from beef but they all loved my ikea meatballs who are half beef.

• Like 1

Just now, bermannor said:

Did I say lying? Sure it may be but my experience is different. Check why Hindus don't eat beef. It is the same reason.

uncharted territory for me but i guess its a side effect of rebirth,

a big animal isnt that far behind taking human form,

and that makes it somwhat repulsive to eat as some sort of cannibalism,

like eating an ape for us, a close cousin

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bermannor said:

If they are not telling me the truth, then they are lying... You didn't use the word lying, but you explained it. I know Indian friend's explanations on why Hindu's don't eat beef. I have worked in India before. I don't know it like a local, but I had a lot of time to sit by the Ganges on a sunday and in the evenings after work and discuss all manner of differences on my background and the local staff.

I don't recall mentioning anything about evolution. You might be thinking of another poster.

Edited by Farangwithaplan
added clarity
  • Like 1