I want to open a (cheap) (Thai) steak restaurant, any idea ?

GSFGSF

3 minutes ago, bermannor said:

Correct.; But you still could not explain " big animal", how size matters.

I never said I couldn't... I just didn't bother. And I wasn't aware it was my duty to explain it to you. If you would like me to, all you need do is ask.

Edited by Farangwithaplan

5 minutes ago, bermannor said:

Correct.; But you still could not explain " big animal", how and why size matters.

they might think we would know what properties a 'big animal' has,

so we should have by then been given a clear explanation.

another explanatio might be that 'big animal' is the best explanation due to language barrier

an analogy might be that i would explain how

an intercooler works by lowering aggression

in particles about to be injected to a combustion chamber, i assume the one i explain to has some basic physics education, while a thai assume i have some basic understanding what properties a big animal has, in both cases, we assume the resiever of the message to have the fundamental knowledge, except i dont have the fundamental knowledge what properties a big animal has

Edited by poanoi
  • Like 1

Just now, bermannor said:

So. you can't!

How did you possibly draw that conclusion from what I just posted?

You or anyone else for that matter has not actually asked me to.. And it sounds like you are just looking to pick an argument. Are you a little butt hurt about the lying term? That was no slur on you.

If a staff member did not tell me the truth for any reason, I see that as a lie. Is that what offended you?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

SF is a rip off joint.

Low prices yes; but very small meat portions, 5 french fries, and a few pieces of lettuce in a pile.

Truly the best bang for the buck for portions/freshness I think is Sizzler.

Overprices meat at sizzler, I am sure that even people on this forum should know that.

9 hours ago, seancbk said:

Taco Bell are officially opening in Bangkok this year. 

probably a part of ITS China's plans to expand into China.  Chinese will go crazy over it....they used to do 49 cent crunchy in the us....not gonna happen here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thian said:

I've seen those 49-59 steakhouses grow very fast, new branches all the time...but they also disappeared with the same speed.

We went there once, i ordered a chicken steak menu plus a porksteak menu. Every menu had exactly 3!! french fries so i ordered more of those for 40 baht. That was fine but the issue was i had to wait for them.

What i miss in BKK is good fish and chips bought along the road (not in a mall).

I agree that some places do not give enough fries, this is why I will propose a special with more fries or vegs for +20 thb

• Like 1

1 hour ago, poanoi said:

i havnt asked any hindu, but the thais i asked

claimed it to be due to big animal

You are right, this is how MANY Thai think. Do not waste your time explaining to people who know nothing and are happy like this.

5 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

GSFGSF

Time to give this a rest. You're  2 hour Thaivisa member who has had far more experience in both Thailand and the restaurant business than anyone, yet asked for advice.

You scoff at any advice given.

You are so good at restaurant industry you don't need a business plan. What?

You expect a staff of one to handle 100-200 covers, greeting, ordering, serving, cooking, serving, bussing, dishes and clean up. 8-16 meals an hour.

You are going to pay 10k baht a month in rent when any successful Thai steak shack is a ramshackle hut on the roadside.

When people suggest it might not work you get all snotty. 

Either a troll or delusional.

These restaurants work all the time. But with a business plan, cheap rent, and some staff.

Ridiculous to which extend ? You have no limit just as you have no face ? Right ?

For sure Thai street steak have a business plan !

Really, how can people like you keep posting !

NO I DO NOT NEED HELP FROM PEOPLE WHO NEVER MANAGED ANY BUSINESS IN THEIR LIFE.

And especially the ones who have only been factory workers all their life !

I do not refuse any advice, but all your permanent stupid DON'T DO IT, IT'S NOT POSSIBLE, or any $hit like this are not welcome.

I AM NOT ONE OF THE LOSERS OF THIS FORUM, UNDERSTAND ?

When you will have been able to managed and run any real business or online business, please come again.

I AM NOT INTERESTED THAT IDIOTS TELL ME THAT I NEED A BUSINESS PLAN, I ONLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT PEOPLE WANT TO EAT AND FEEL ABOUT THESE CHEAP STEAK RESTAURANTS.

Sorry, but anything else, I know better than you, yes , because I did it already and I am not living on a bar stool like the ones who keep posting their stupid replies here !

It was the last time that I commented a stupid message, I will now only LOL and reply to people who have a real idea to submit.

Edited by GSFGSF

3 minutes ago, GSFGSF said:

Ridiculous to which extend ?

I do not refuse any advice, but all your permanent stupid DON'T DO IT, IT'S NOT POSSIBLE, or any $hit like this are not welcome.

When you will have been able to managed and run any real business or online business, please come again.

I AM NOT INTERESTED THAT IDIOTS TELL ME THAT I NEED A BUSINESS PLAN, I ONLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT PEOPLE WANT TO EAT AND FEEL ABOUT THESE CHEAP STEAK RESTAURANTS.

Sorry, but anything else, I know better than you, yes , because I did it already and I am not living on a bar stool like the ones who keep posting their stupid replies here !

You didn't want my advice and I actually owned a F&B business and will again very soon?

Question for you, if you're not too busy finetuning your empire: how come you don't pay for electricity and water?

Edited by Bassosa
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, GSFGSF said:

Ridiculous to which extend ? You have no limit just as you have no face ? Right ?

It was the last time that I commented a stupid message, I will now only LOL and reply to people who have a real idea to submit.

I am just wondering. You told us how successful you are/were as a business man. So, you must swim in Baht/$/€/BTC. But for this business, you look for cheap as cheap can be including exploitation (gf).

Somehow, it doesn't fit. Do you use muscle/brain enhancing supplements?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Bassosa said:

You didn't want my advice and I actually owned a F&B business and will again very soon?

Question for you, if you're not too busy finetuning your empire: how come you don't pay for electricity and water?

Included in rent ?!

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Farangwithaplan said:

How did you possibly draw that conclusion from what I just posted?

You or anyone else for that matter has not actually asked me to.. And it sounds like you are just looking to pick an argument. Are you a little butt hurt about the lying term? That was no slur on you.

If a staff member did not tell me the truth for any reason, I see that as a lie. Is that what offended you?

Nobody can offend me, I am what I am. And if they lie to me, up to them.

But I don't like to be cheated but still have to consider if it is not partly my fault.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, duanebigsby said:

GSFGSF

Time to give this a rest. You're  2 hour Thaivisa member who has had far more experience in both Thailand and the restaurant business than anyone, yet asked for advice.

You scoff at any advice given.

You are so good at restaurant industry you don't need a business plan. What?

You expect a staff of one to handle 100-200 covers, greeting, ordering, serving, cooking, serving, bussing, dishes and clean up. 8-16 meals an hour.

You are going to pay 10k baht a month in rent when any successful Thai steak shack is a ramshackle hut on the roadside.

When people suggest it might not work you get all snotty. 

Either a troll or delusional.

These restaurants work all the time. But with a business plan, cheap rent, and some staff.

This guys been punking you guys from the jump. This thread should have been closed around post #5 and renamed " Think my business model is worth 49baht

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bermannor said:

I am just wondering. You told us how successful you are/were as a business man. So, you must swim in Baht/$/€/BTC. But for this business, you look for cheap as cheap can be including exploitation (gf).

Somehow, it doesn't fit. Do you use muscle/brain enhancing supplements?

Got to seriously wonder if their is even a bar girl who would buy into this guys Soi Dog Steakhouse idea.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, poanoi said:

I heard:

1. cows plough the field so that farmers can grow rice and also provide milk. Eating beef will be kind of like biting the hand that feeds you.
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, poanoi said:

That still does not explain why size matters. in this case. In other cases and for some farang especially in Patty, size does matter.

Edited by bermannor
Spelling
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, GSFGSF said:

Loosen up.dude, Got good news for you but haven't come up with a slogan yet. Maybe some other posters can help us out. Got the perfect name. Maybe something that can relate to your posts as well as your not so original business model. 

SOI DOG STEAKHOUSE; 

Don't dish it out if you can't take it !!

• Haha 1