Non-O Marriage Visa

Hi there,

I am going to get married in the next months as my girlfriend is pregnant.

I am wondering if the Thai embassy in Savanakhet, Laos currently requires financial proof for the marriage visa.

Some older posts here were saying that this is not required to obtain the actual visa.

Also I am a bit confused wether you initially get a temporary non-o within Thailand and then get the permanent one outside, or the other way around.

Thank you in advance for replying and giving advice.

You don't need to provide any financial information to get a non 'O' in Savannakhet.

You can get a single or multiple entry visa. Single will give you one 90 day entry; multiple will give you unlimited 90 day entries for one year.

You can extend any 90 day entry by 60 days or 1 year once in Thailand. To extend by 1 year you need 400K in the bank or an income (certified by your embassy) of 40K pm. 

• Thanks 1

Yes. Each and every 90 day entry can be extended in-country by 60 days at your local Immigration Office (for 1,900 Baht) or you can do an in-and-out border run for a new 90 day entry.

The original Non-O based on marriage is good for one year and with a border run near the expiry date of the original visa followed by a 60 day extension gives almost 17 months of stay. How you manage 90+60 or 90+90 cycles is up to you.

When and if you wish to convert an entry or 60 day extension to an one-year Extension of Stay based on marriage the financial requirements are either 400k in Thai bank or 40k Baht/month income.

Have a read through this long-running thread for the full scoop:

It also contains a lot of info about the detail of getting a Non-O at Savannakhet.

Simon

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ReneTH said:

@elviajero  Thanks for the information, pretty clear but to re-confirm; so I can simply keep doing the visa trip each 3 months until I have the financial proof to get it per 12 months / yearly?

Yes, if you can’t yet meet the financial requirements for a 1 year permit to stay you could get a multiple entry non ‘O’ visa. With that you can stay for up to 90 days per entry after which you must leave or extend your stay. You can repeat that until the visa expires.

If you make a final entry just before the visa expires you’ll get a final 90 day stay giving you nearly 15 months total stay from one visa. And if you extend that final stay by 60 days you’ll get nearly 17 months before needing a new visa.

• Thanks 1