Cleaning Slr Camera In Chiang Mai

cusper

Gentlemen and ladies,

I am wondering if there is a camera shop in CM that can clean SLR lenses?

Any info would be much appreciated.

of course there is !

Photobug is a good place to start.

They also have a branch at Central Airport Plaza. 3rd. Floor. Remember Photobug, not BigCamera or PhotoHut!

TB

Gentlemen and ladies,

You could try Photo Bug on Chaiyaphum, and they will tell you if they can or can't. There is also Den Chai Trading, but not sure if they have a service department for lenses. They tend to send most stuff back to Bangkok, but worth a try.

The only "real" camera giys are in Bangkok, and if there, you sould go to "Photofile" in MBK as nothing is impossible in their book!

Len Cleaning is not really a complex process.

if you do a search on camera len cleaning . you might just get some info online .

i notice not alot of camera repair shop in chiangmai .

and when i see some of it i don't see much service room .

without a good clean room . after the guy open yuor camera lens - it might get worst .

good luck happy hunting

if you do a search on camera len cleaning . you might just get some info online .

....and there speaks the voice of authority! You can certainly clean the outsides of the lenses, but I would suggest that the OP wants a complete service, which entails stripping the lens down to it's basic lens elements. Quite often in the tropics lenses develop "creeper" of lens fungus, which require a major strip down. Unless the elements are re-aligned exactly the camera will not perform. After assembly the lens has to be measured on an optimeter to check the focal length. Having done it many times, I can assure you that it is not a job for the amature. If it needs a service.....GO SEE AN EXPERT!

what i am trying to point to you is that , i Don't think any pro shop in chiangmai will do it well .. and without carful taking the len aparts and keeping it clean and dry .. sending it to a cleaner might allow you a few more month of good use before you get your produce again .

Good luck .

i Don't think any pro shop in chiangmai will do it well ..

First you say that it's not hard, then you say that nobody can do it well here. You are just confusing the OP. If you have a constructive suggestion to make to the OP please, by all means post it!

I have had SLR cameras and lenses serviced by a shop on Thapae Road. North side, just west of Changklan Road and on the corner of the soi going one way towards Warorot Market. (Can't remember the name of the shop, or the Soi, I'm afraid.) They did a good job and even replaced the bellows on an antique Leica for me.

Aside from this advice. Please can we now end the bickering or I will have to close this thread too.

Gentlemen and ladies,

If all else fails, and you are having problems.....I'll do it for you myself FOC as I have the tools and expertise :o

Gentlemen and ladies,

If all else fails, and you are having problems.....I'll do it for you myself FOC as I have the tools and expertise :o

MM where did you learn the process? Tedious in fact as you have mentioned.

MM where did you learn the process? Tedious in fact as you have mentioned.

Amongst other things I restore antique microscopes, sextants, and cameras, which often requires a total strip down of the optics, a through clean, and a re assembly and alignment. I have even had new lenses ground to the old specification when needed.

I've been collecting antique brass optical instruments for years now............MM

Pictured is an 1897 “Bausch & Lomb Optical Co”. microscope that I restored recently...

post-7622-1170591156_thumb.jpg

Edited by Maejo Man

A big thanks to all for your replies!

And to Maejo Man a special thanks for your offer.

A further question if I may.....I will be in Chiang Mai for 5 or so days waiting for a Chinese visa.......could cleaning a couple of lenses and fixing a loose wide angle be done in a few days.......or am I dreaming!:o?

A big thanks to all for your replies!

And to Maejo Man a special thanks for your offer.

A further question if I may.....I will be in Chiang Mai for 5 or so days waiting for a Chinese visa.......could cleaning a couple of lenses and fixing a loose wide angle be done in a few days.......or am I dreaming!:D?

Geeze :o That's challenge. Best we have a chat about it. PM me with some contact details and we'll talk further. ...MM