Hotmail GRRRRRRR!

NoshowJones

That's twice in less than a year nearly all the posts in  my archives has almost all disappeared overnight in less than a year.

These posts were very important to me, and I have had hotmail almost since I have had computers, I cannot just change to another

email address as 99% of people, companies etc have my Hotmail address.

What should I do?

2 hours ago, Halfaboy said:

How did you recover the first time ?

I would recommend, recover and transfer all relevant data (addresses and mails) to i.e. gmail.

I didn't, I lost them all.

Yes I thought about that, I have accounts at Gmail and Yahoo, but I don't know how

to recover them, or transfer mails and data to Gmail and Yahoo, but I will find out.Thanks.

19 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I didn't, I lost them all.

Do you know how you lost them?

With deleted messages you can often recover them even when they have been completely deleted from the Deleted mail folder. I believe they are still stored on Microsoft's web server so you may be able to get them back. Perhaps try searching for them - box above the folder list - if you haven't already.

Suggestion for future if you don't know why the archive messages have gone - file the messages in separate folders you create. I have messages going back years in different folders. Never yet used archive.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, topt said:

With deleted messages you can often recover them even when they have been completely deleted from the Deleted mail folder. I believe they are still stored on Microsoft's web server so you may be able to get them back. Perhaps try searching for them - box above the folder list - if you haven't already.

Suggestion for future if you don't know why the archive messages have gone - file the messages in separate folders you create. I have messages going back years in different folders. Never yet used archive.

Good advice, thanks, I know how to manage folders ok, but what or where is the folder list?

15 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

but what or where is the folder list?

Sorry I just meant the list of folders so it says "Search Mail and People" on the left hand side on mine above "Folders"

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, topt said:

Thanks, I have done as Halfaboy said, and got my email re routed to Gmail, now I am trying to find my Gmail archives so I can transfer from my Drafts.

Edited by possum1931
  • Like 1