Any days out on the train?

mat999

Anyone taken the train to somewhere not too far away for a day trip, then returned on the same day? I am wondering if there is somewhere worth a visit and whether the trains run often enough to get back in one day? Looking for ideas to get out of town and prefer train to bus, as this rain is giving me cabin fever. Thanks.

Edited by mat999

My socks were blown off last week. I have a place in Surin City and to pass some time away I decided to take my first train ride (have been meaning to do so for the past 18 yrs).

Price..... Surin to Buriram....9 Baht ...(same for coming back obviously). Could not believe it, same as free really. God, I thought, how can itbe so cheap. Then I picked a ticket office the floor....that customer paid the princely sum of 5 Baht.

Appoligies for diverting from the subject.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, junglechef said:

I am planing to take my 6 yr old son to lunch in Lamphun by train tomorrow. 

Less about of where then how, it's all about the Choo Choo ride for us ?

A great trip for a 6 year old. Then a walk to Haripunchai temple and the bridge with the handicraft stalls. How are you getting back? Times at the tail end of train routes in Thailand are unpredictable. A songtaew back would be fun for him though.

Edited by Loaded
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Loaded said:

A great trip for a 6 year old. Then a walk to Haripunchai temple and the bridge with the handicraft stalls. How are you getting back? Times at the tail end of train routes in Thailand are unpredictable. A songtaew back would be fun for him though.

Figured we just get back the same way, go to the station and jump on the next train.

Not too worried, can take songtell, taxi or grab a Grab. 

Thanks for the tips, now not just going to visit 7/11 ?

19 hours ago, THE REVERAND said:

I went on this trip and it was fantastic , mountain views and fantastic scenery .Try chiang mai to lampang leave chiang mai 8.15 a.m. 10.40a.m . Leave lampang 17.30 p.m  arrive bkk 19.30 p.m  "Back packers bang for your buck" Phone +66 973 022 558  email Northgate [email protected]

Only 2 hrs Lampang to BKK?

Surely you mean back to CM or else BKK the next day LOL