Clean Bicycle On The Road?

Silly question, but that never stopped me before. ? I've been traveling with my bicycle for a few weeks, often pedaling on wet streets and now it's filthy. Now in Khon Kaen. My hotel appears not to have a hose I can use. Plus, I'd probably end up using all the rags I brought and getting grease covered in the process. Any ideas? Maybe one of the motorcycle repair shops would clean it for me? (Or maybe they'd make it filthier.) I guess I'll pedal to a bicycle shop and ask them, but....

High pressure water can damage the bearings so I'd be careful having someone else wash your bike.

Have you asked where your staying if they have a hose and if not where there might be one you could use?

I've never stayed at a place that didn't except a few times in major cities.  

I've also rinsed my bike at a Mom & Pop shop on the road after a particularly muddy section, sometimes the hose has been behind the owners home etc. 

Again I just asked. 

5 hours ago, junglechef said:

Have you asked where your staying if they have a hose and if not where there might be one you could use?

I looked up "hose" in my Thai Dict app...under "hose (water)" it said รดน้ำ (rót náam). Well, she didn't seem to understand that. Riding around the property, I didn't see any spigot or hose, which does seem odd. Just looked in google translate...it gives สายสวน (sai suwan) for "garden hose." Maybe she'd understand that. But she'd pretty daft.
I did bring a small wad of surgical gloves and some rags with me. But weather forecast is so bad...if I clean it, it'll just get dirty again. But still, I'd like to spray off some of the big globs.... Weird how small tasks can be a challenge and kind of mess with your mind on the road....

2 hours ago, OliverKlozerof said:

I looked up "hose" in my Thai Dict app...under "hose (water)" it said รดน้ำ (rót náam).

As my Thai isn't that good and their understanding of it is worse, at no fault to them, I use the universal language of pantomime which is quite similar to the way many locals communicate here between themselves as well.

Acting out washing a bike, eating, sleeping or taking a piss will get you pretty much all you need on your trip.