Thai son fakes his own death to con mum out of 60,000 baht in funeral expenses

webfact

5 hours ago, rgrdns said:

One must admit Thais are innovative people ?

Not true as this was very poorly played,but but for the stupidity of the recipient it should not have worked.You will notice that his mother left the door open for more such scams with "But he is still my own flesh and blood".

8 hours ago, Sonhia said:

How low can people go in order to scrape the barrel, including a man of the cloth too????

Those kinds of scams, plus many more; most are aware about,  continue to bolster the extortion plus corruption associated with this country.

Sad...

Ever heard of John Stonehouse? Look him up if you haven't! Then there was the man from the North East of England who faked his death and got away with it for a long time: this was more complex than Stonehouse and his wife was in on it but not his children!

This young Thai was an amateur by comparison.

I am sure there are many if these cases all over the world.

• Like 1

I bet the man in question wouldn't admit he did anything wrong if asked about this.

Always right mindset in play here. 

Between the wife and man, no one could realize at some point how crazy the idea of faking his dead to con his mom was.

What will these two teach their kids?

??

• Like 1

"He has never done anything like this before," she said. "But he is still my own flesh and blood".

It was all confirmed when the supposedly dead man actually answered his own phone and hurriedly cut the call off.

I already got used to dead people answering their phones. What a dumb arse. Doing that to his own family should buy him a place in hell. Right next to Adolf H. and consorts. 

Edited by jenny2017
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

"He has never done anything like this before," she said. "But he is still my own flesh and blood".

It was all confirmed when the supposedly dead man actually answered his own phone and hurriedly cut the call off.

I already got used to dead people answering their phones. What a dumb arse. Doing that for his own family should buy him a place in hell. Right next to Adolf H. and consorts. 

RE - He has never done anything like this before," she said.

You normally die just once....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Sonhia said:

How low can people go in order to scrape the barrel, including a man of the cloth too????

Those kinds of scams, plus many more; most are aware about,  continue to bolster the extortion plus corruption associated with this country.

Sad...

Sad that you are including an innocent "man of the cloth" with the scammers.

The thing is the mother will forgive him with coming up with such an engenious scam that fooled her and the family.she will be praising him as the smart one of the litter and he will get lots of cuddles as the boy who has risen from the grave.

21 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

The thing is the mother will forgive him with coming up with such an engenious scam that fooled her and the family.she will be praising him as the smart one of the litter and he will get lots of cuddles as the boy who has risen from the grave.

The next cremation might be a bit different, methinks. Nobody will believe it. And the people who financed it by giving the family money will hate him.

His Karma doesn't look good. 

• Like 1