Motobike fine when passing over a bridge not allowed.

waxpro

hey guys

my co-worker told me that he paid 1000 baht as fine for passing over a bridge driving his motorbike around rama4 area, on this last Monday,

As I knew, the same case happened with me about 2 years ago I paid 400 baht as I remember,

is this is new change in the law fine? or some mistake in his case?

if anyone had the same case (recently) please share your comment to get updated about this.

Generally speaking. If the bridge has a "shoulder lane" then motorbikes are allowed. If there is no shoulder. Like say the Thai Belgian? bridge over Sathorn or the overpass past Ramkamhaeng University, then not allowed. 

Although the later is generally OK very early on Sundays mornings if riding out of town.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, userabcd said:

I remember there being a question No 20 when I sat for the Thai driving test where they ask this and it is not allowed - You may not pass on a bridge.

Pass over a bridge and pass on a bridge are two entirely different things.

Maybe this law was relevant fifty years ago when motorbikes going up hills could not keep up with the traffic, but nowadays that is not the case. Can someone please tell the Thai Government? They put some signs up on an overpass by Chiangmai Airport Plaza prohibiting bikes a couple of years ago, lasted two days then the police removed them.