Where has the 'Rolling stones' bar on walking street been relocated to?

bbabythai

3 to 5 yrs ago I visited a great bar called the Rolling stones. It was half way down Walking street. Ive noticed the developers have moved in and now the site has a new ugly looking nightclub that is empty. The soi next to it has also been developed- it also lacks any atmosphere now. 

Does anyone know where that rolling stones bar has been relocated to? Or can you recommend a bar that has a good rock band singing cover songs- that has pool tables. 

thanks

4 hours ago, topt said:

Unless he has since sold it that "club"/bar is still owned by the same guy - seems to have been an extension to the iteration of The Stones House (next to Walking Street disco) which is also his.

Rolling Stones name was changed about 5 years ago  to Rolling Live. The closest to the old format bar is probably the Rolling Live venue half way down Soi 8 which also offers pool - in fact it used to be the same table from the old bar with all its idiosyncrasies.........

Also Wonderful bars on 2nd Road have the music and pool.

exactly !

I heard they had to change the name to Rolling Live because they didn't have permission to use the name 'Rolling Stones'.

I have stopped into Rolling Live a few time on Soi 8. to hear the band with my new best friend.

LeoTex

15 hours ago, LeoTex said:

I heard they had to change the name to Rolling Live because they didn't have permission to use the name 'Rolling Stones'.

Correct.

I ended up there last night - very busy compared to almost everywhere else I passed.

Unfortunately disappointing service as a result.