Visa agents in Penang

1 hour ago, BestB said:

He does not say anything, just takes all your papers and payment and tells you what time to come back. Then sends you off with a taxi, its only when you lining up in the consulate by yourself is when you realize you are on your own 

Lol ? Thank you for all the info you shared here.

Will definitely go to someone else than Jim. Need to do some more research where to go ?

10 minutes ago, mihastare said:

Lol ? Thank you for all the info you shared here.

Will definitely go to someone else than Jim. Need to do some more research where to go ?

I posted about the Durai, his fee was 400 ringgit, Jims 380

He came to meet me in hotel, his google and fb reviews all 5 star.

When i met him as i mentioned he appeared to be a space cadet. He said he would handle all BUT i may need to come with him because according to him Thai consulate are crazy and stupid now

He said, he can not guarantee visa the next day, it may take a few days.

So i went with Jim, and getting visa the next day was not a problem doing it myself.

So its either consulate is really giving agents hard time or agents are becoming lazy, no idea. but good luck which ever way you decide to go 

Yea Durai, but he wants 250 ringgit for SETV (150 costs visa) so this is really expensive. I will try to find someone for 50 ringgit fee max or do it by myself.

Hope if I come there at 8 am it will be soon enough ?

Anyway someone saying that they do not enforce 100 applications day limit anymore.

Just now, mihastare said:

Yea Durai, but he wants 250 ringgit for SETV (150 costs visa) so this is really expensive. I will try to find someone for 50 ringgit fee max or do it by myself.

Hope if I come there at 8 am it will be soon enough ?

Anyway someone saying that they do not enforce 100 applications day limit anymore.

Do not need to rush, while there are a lot of people, nowhere near as bad as some make it out to be,

It does not open till 9 am and you will be waiting outside, then waiting inside.

The sign of 100 applications per day is still up and Jim also said the same,

As long as you do not go on Monday or first day after some holiday, then its not a problem,

You can cheat a little to jump the queue if you dare. Ask to go to the toilet, entrance to the toilet from the side, but once inside, you really do not need to return to the queue, can just walk over and join the queue to the window.

Number that they give you is NOT number to follow, you queue up, Number is to collect your passport.

Its really not a difficult process as long as you have all the required paperwork, there is even a guy outside with Toyota Avanza that does photocopy from the back of the car(no idea on the costs)

And if you do not have required paperwork, i do not think agents will be able to help anyway.

One tip i heard from others and Jim, if returning by bus , when you entering Thailand, to put 200 baht in your passport for Thai immigration if you do not have 20 000 baht cash to show.

I will go on monday ? and really need to be back to Thailand till tuesday evening. So I need to be successful on monday ? this is why I wanted to be there early, to be one of the first people in the line.

But when does Jim sends you there? Not in the morning? Agents don't count as those 100?

But if needed, I will do your tactic with toilet ?

From Penang, I will be returning by train to Padang Basar and cross the border by foot and later continue to Hat Yai by a minivan. But at the moment, I don't have 20k baht available, as I have money on my European bank.

I just have bank statement which I will also use for visa application (in EURO currency).

6 minutes ago, mihastare said:

I will go on monday ? and really need to be back to Thailand till tuesday evening. So I need to be successful on monday ? this is why I wanted to be there early, to be one of the first people in the line.

But when does Jim sends you there? Not in the morning? Agents don't count as those 100?

But if needed, I will do your tactic with toilet ?

From Penang, I will be returning by train to Padang Basar and cross the border by foot and later continue to Hat Yai by a minivan. But at the moment, I don't have 20k baht available, as I have money on my European bank.

I just have bank statement which I will also use for visa application (in EURO currency).

Monday would be full, Jim sents at 8:30 am

As i mentioned, i did not see any agents there at all. i did see someone who appeared to be an agent with 8 Cambodians but he did nothing, but translate.

I believe the 200 baht in passport would still apply as you crossing by land to avoid the 20 000 baht cash

Consulate is open for visa lodging 9-11, pick up the next day 14-16(from memory)

If they accept your application and payment, that means guaranteed you will get it the next day.

5 minutes ago, mihastare said:

You are so helpful man! I am so grateful!

So if I am there at 8 am already and be one of the first people there, I will get it for sure ? I hope...fingers crossed ?

At 8 am, you will most likely be the only person there , lol.

our group arrived at about 8:50 first day after the long weekend and I was 27th

I am on my way from Padang Besar to Hat Yai.

Everything went smoothly. I actually bought my real flight ticket back to my home country so no problem with real/fake tickets.

After that, I still paid Jim to do it for me and I just visited him on sunday at 10 pm, gave him documents, passport and money and that is it. Tuesday 14:30 I got my passport with a visa. I didn't need to go to consulate at all. I guess I was lucky ?I totally recommend Jim as a visa agent.

Thanks everyone for help.

Miha

PS: we didn't need to show 20 000 baht at Thai immigration at Padang Besar. Not today, not 1 month ago. Just for the info...

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/13/2018 at 9:36 AM, christophe75 said:

What is more important ? Manners ? Or to get your visa ? ?

Indeed, he doesn't seem  very "talkative" on Internet... But we all have the same questions, over and over again, do we ?

I went to see Jim last year (for a O visa, family, 1 year, multiple), after a first trip to Penang consulate on my own (i got then a 3 month single, which was a kind of failure).

My point is : he did the job. That's all I can say.

And I will definitely to go to see him again in october, for a new visa.

How to contact Jim?

On 8/17/2018 at 9:35 PM, BestB said:

I posted about the Durai, his fee was 400 ringgit, Jims 380

He came to meet me in hotel, his google and fb reviews all 5 star.

When i met him as i mentioned he appeared to be a space cadet. He said he would handle all BUT i may need to come with him because according to him Thai consulate are crazy and stupid now

He said, he can not guarantee visa the next day, it may take a few days.

So i went with Jim, and getting visa the next day was not a problem doing it myself.

So its either consulate is really giving agents hard time or agents are becoming lazy, no idea. but good luck which ever way you decide to go 

How to contact Jim?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/26/2018 at 11:50 AM, chrisbadger108 said:

This may come a bit late, but maybe it will help someone else. I also saw the "5 star" reviews on Durai Raman, Durai Place Visa Service. I emailed him various times, and aside from a few hiccups, was pleased with his rapid responses. It sounded as though he knew what he was talking about, so I decided to use his service. He made an appointment to meet me between 19:00-19:30. After an hour I called the number on his Facebook page, but it was no longer valid. I sent an email, when his "clerk" said to reach him on another number. After reaching him, he said that he would be coming later and that he had many people to see that night as it was a Sunday. When he finally showed up, he was unapologetic and blamed me for not staying in downtown Georgetown. He did not remember anything we discussed via email, and said that I needed a piece of paperwork that I didn't have, even though he told me in an email what I needed to bring. I got the impression he was under the influence of something, and that I was not dealing with the same person with whom I emailed but someone else who did not know what he was doing. I wasted my entire evening waiting on him only to decided not to use him. I ended up going to Jim's the next morning where I had no problems what so ever and actually enjoyed his personality. Either way, I would stay away from Durai Raman Visa Services.

Had a similar experience with him, showed up 2 hours late, and did not seem to understand anything.

3 months after started to send me messages on daily basis offering his service.