Advice about trip to HK

waxpro

On 8/21/2018 at 6:46 PM, CNXBKKMAN said:

I have stayed Mirador Mansions many times and spent the money i have saved on shopping instead. Good location right next TST MTR station, Kowloon Park is a stones throw away and a 10 min walk down to the harbour front and the Star Ferry. Chung Mansions is useful for changing money. Don't use the money changers near the street, walk right in and have a good look around, Best rates are found inside. 

Thanks for the comments and shared information,

We booked already at this:

==========================================

Hong Kong Premium Guest House
Flat B2 & A5, 16/F Mirador Mansion, Kowloon Hong Kong SAR

probably this is the same place [Mirrador] as you mentioned, correct?

As searched on the map, the MRT station looks like not that far,

the other day talked with their information counter, they advised to take the bus and drop off near and just walk for  1 or 2 mints, they promised to send email with bus details, station number or name, and direction to walk, but they did not send yet.

However, I would appreciate if you can share some quick info:

is it better to get there by MRT or Bus?

usually: how much the exchange rate from UD$ to HK$? or  HK$ -THB option as well, so we can have an idea, where to find the money changer around there, something similar to super rich here in BKK, any specific shop name? or location we can ask or search for?

As for the mirrador, is it clean? I read somewhere in other site some vistor said they have stinky/filthy pillows and bed sheets, not sure about this, I hope not, is there any fresh market nearby so we can get some fruits from the market directly and prepare our favorite fruit salads, even our meals are fully paid with the event package at Hyat regency,  

any additional ideas or advises highly appreciated!

Thanks a lot for the comments indeed,

2 minutes ago, waxpro said:

Thanks for the comments and shared information,

We booked already at this:

Hong Kong Premium Guest House
Flat B2 & A5, 16/F Mirador Mansion, Kowloon Hong Kong SAR

probably this is the same place [Mirrador] as you mentioned, correct?

As searched on the map, the MRT station looks like not that far,

the other day talked with their information counter, they advised to take the bus and drop off near and just walk for  1 or 2 mints, they promised to send email with bus details, station number or name, and direction to walk, but they did not send yet.

However, I would appreciate if you can share some quick info:

is it better to get there by MRT or Bus?

usually: how much the exchange rate from UD$ to HK$? or  HK$ -THB option as well, so we can have an idea, where to find the money changer around there, something similar to super rich here in BKK, any specific shop name? or location we can ask or search for?

As for the mirrador, is it clean? I read somewhere in other site some vistor said they have stinky/filthy pillows and bed sheets, not sure about this, I hope not, is there any fresh market nearby so we can get some fruits from the market directly and prepare our favorite fruit salads, even our meals are fully paid with the event package at Hyat regency,  

any additional ideas or advises highly appreciated!

Thanks a lot for the comments indeed,

Mirador Mansions is the name of the building. Its full of all sorts of small businesses, apartments and small guesthouses that located on every floor. I have never stayed in any that were filthy but its Hong Kong so space is at a premium and the rooms are small. I think one of the places calls itself the Micro Hotel. Mirador Mansions is a budget place, not flashy at all but safe and in a good location.

If you have never been to HK the airport bus will be scenic and stop either right outside Mirador or very near. However if its rush hour the journey time will be a lot longer. The MRT is faster but you need to take a connecting bus from the terminal to the nearby Tung Chung MRT station/shopping centre. You need exact coins for the bus. You can get change for the bus in the terminal. The MRT is the subway, the tube its not the Airport Express Train which is more expensive and not really any good for your destination.

I would get some Hong Kong dollars at Superich before you leave. Enough for the first days expenses. Then go to Chungking Mansions just down from Mirador. Walk in past all the money changers near entrance. Go right in the back where all the small shops are and check out the money changers there. They should have the best rates in HK. 

Look at Haiphong Road Temporary Market on google maps its got fruit but Welcome Supermarket are dotted about in Tsim Sar Tsui and should be easy to find.

• Thanks 1

On 9/2/2018 at 8:37 PM, CNXBKKMAN said:

Mirador Mansions is the name of the building. Its full of all sorts of small businesses, apartments and small guesthouses that located on every floor. I have never stayed in any that were filthy but its Hong Kong so space is at a premium and the rooms are small. I think one of the places calls itself the Micro Hotel. Mirador Mansions is a budget place, not flashy at all but safe and in a good location.

If you have never been to HK the airport bus will be scenic and stop either right outside Mirador or very near. However if its rush hour the journey time will be a lot longer. The MRT is faster but you need to take a connecting bus from the terminal to the nearby Tung Chung MRT station/shopping centre. You need exact coins for the bus. You can get change for the bus in the terminal. The MRT is the subway, the tube its not the Airport Express Train which is more expensive and not really any good for your destination.

I would get some Hong Kong dollars at Superich before you leave. Enough for the first days expenses. Then go to Chungking Mansions just down from Mirador. Walk in past all the money changers near entrance. Go right in the back where all the small shops are and check out the money changers there. They should have the best rates in HK. 

Look at Haiphong Road Temporary Market on google maps its got fruit but Welcome Supermarket are dotted about in Tsim Sar Tsui and should be easy to find.

Appreciated with many thanks, helpful indeed.