Body of missing Korat woman found floating on river

webfact

Body of missing Korat woman found floating on river

By The Nation

dn.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The body of a woman reported missing on Monday was found floating in the Mool River in Nakhon Ratchasima two days later, police said.

The body of Nimnual Salad, 33, was found stuck against a fishing trap in Ban Krapi village in Tambon Naiyor of Chum Phuang district on Wednesday night.

Nimnual’s family told police she had left the house on her motorcycle on Monday and could not be contacted.

The motorcycle was found on the riverbank about 500 metres from the spot where her body was recovered. Her gold necklace, two gold bracelets and two gold rings had disappeared.

The body was sent for a post-mortem to Nakhon Ratchasima Hospital.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30352789

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-08-23

24 minutes ago, webfact said:

Her gold necklace, two gold bracelets and two gold rings had disappeared.

I asked my wife once why Thais wore gold jewelry every place they went, was it to show off? Her reply was simple. Protection. She then explained that If the gold is left in the house, it can't really be protected. The majority of homes do not have a safe plus to many people often come in and out.

People who wear their gold might have a chance to fight off the offender.  Basically, by keeping their gold with them, many Thais believe that is the safest way to protect their gold. Might be, I don't know. Rather sad either way.

Years ago, we bought a safe from a big company in Bangkok, mainly for important documents. Anyway, the safe was to large to fit in the car, so they delivered it the next day. In their company van with a giant logo of a safe on both sides of the vehicle. As Trink would have said, TIT...

• Like 1

RIP to this lady, killed for a bit of gold. I also still see a lot of Thais with several thouand

baht kept in their houses, apartments etc, as they run businesses and it is too much

work to go to banks each day to get money. When I see a house on fire, I know why the

owners run in and out of the house, before they stay outside waiting for the fire department

to arrive.Geezer

Edited by Stargrazer9889
error in message