Trouble At Subway Tipp Plaza

CharlesDavid

A couple of weeks ago I bought a subway sandwich from Tipp Plaza. The next day when I was going through my pocket I found that the receipt I had been given was for a 15 baht water rather than the 199 baht sandwich I ordered - an obvious staff fiddle.

This evening I went back and ordere another sandwich. I noticed a sign saying check your receipt if incorrect free 6 inch sub of your choice.

On receiving my sandwich initially the guy serving didn't hand over the receipt. I asked for it and in view of what happened the previous time I checked my receipt and surprise surprise it was for 15 baht water. I pointed this out to him and he immediately rang in another sale on the till for the correct 199 baht price.

I ponted out that the initial receipt was wrong and asked for my free 6 inch sub. This he refused to give me.

I went back to my motorcycle took out a pen and paper from the box and went back in the shop and wrote down the number to call if there are any problems.

When I was getting back on the bike the guy serving came racing out the shop and actually tried to punch me. I ducked put my bike in gear and left.

Is this typical of Subway?

I realize that Subway are one of the sponsers for this board. If anyone in a management position at Subway would like to pm me I will happily meet with them to discuss this mattyer in more detail.

I cannot believe this guy's behaviour.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Subway is a world recognized fast food chain and they have certain standards to maintain. Your best bet now is try and report the matter to the owner while the nutter is not there. If that can't happen you must go the next level up even if it means reporting the matter to head office. It is the one individual guys fault all this happened and it was way out of order. I would not blame Subway, I would rather use their muscle to get rid of this nutter, it is not your fault. If you really want to follow this up, send a letter to head office. Report the time and day of the incident and preferably enclose the receipt too. Report the incident in full; they would be happy to hear from you as they do not want to tarnish their reputation.

Report at this link here.

Why was the sign put up in the shop.

Maybe more people new of this than just the one guy.

Strange thing to do.

But as people have said you need to report this, you cant have staff trying to assault customers.

Thought it was only the baht bus drivers that could do that and get away with it.

Have a nice day.

First of all, why do you need a receipt for a subway sandwich?

Secondly, why are you willing to risk your own neck to expose a guy who's ripping off Subway? Let me just make this clear to you. You're not getting ripped off in any way.

Do you work in an office? Do you rat out a co-worker who takes a pen or stapler home?

You really don't know what's good for you. You're looking for trouble. And if you keep ratting out poor, crazy Thais for ripping off rich corporations, you will find that trouble sir.

And if you keep ratting out poor, crazy Thais for ripping off rich corporations,

these "poor" thais would be even poorer without jobs.

subway is a franchise operation , and the owner could well be a thai just trying to earn a living and provide for his family , is it right to rip him off ?

although no fan of subway and their products , charlesdavid should make sure this rip off , and the attempted assault are reported to the subway head office.

your reasoning mr. fingers , is childish and way off the mark.

And if you keep ratting out poor, crazy Thais for ripping off rich corporations,

subway is a franchise operation , and the owner could well be a thai just trying to earn a living and provide for his family , is it right to rip him off ?

although no fan of subway and their products , charlesdavid should make sure this rip off , and the attempted assault are reported to the subway head office.

You just beat me to it.

In addition where is said nutter from ?

Imagine the letter---------------

Dear Lads,

Get your arse's down to Pattaya. You can find plenty of jobs to rip off the owners and if some Farang tries to stop you, you can chase him in the street and attack him with impunity !!!!

My mate told me even on the silly Farangs web site, some of the other idiots will support you for doing it !!!!!

Yours Nok

I hope Mr Fingers reply was a touch ironic.

It shows you have ordered what you asked for.

Saves arguments latter when the incorrect good are handed over

You just show them the receipt.

Its not rocket science, you know.

Okay guy, first, take a deep breath, now, I'm not sure you're going to be able to comprehend this. So read carefully, and try to concentrate. From reading some of your posts, you're thankful for things that are not rocket science or any intellectual challenge for that matter.

Having bought thousands of fast food meals, and NEVER needing a receipt, I question the necessity of requiring a receipt at a small fast food restaurant. I've had them get the order wrong a couple of times, to be sure, but never an argument. They just got it right the second time.

Now, I'm gonna slow down because this might be going too fast for you. Please read carefully. Everyone I have ever known has never made use of a receipt at a fast food restaurant.

I hope you appreciate that I'm trying to make this as easy to understand for you as possible. I understand that you can't comprehend rocket science, as you said. That's okay icecubes. It's okay. Many people don't. Having studied technology (solid state electronics to be specific) in university, I understand that there has to be many poeple like you who just can't comprehend it.

It's okay. It's okay. You can be hovering around average intelligence and still not comprehend these things. It's okay icecubes. It's okay. :o

Right on Taxexile, I was waiting to read something sensible, instead of the

foolish comments from people who could not figure this one out on their own. :o

Naka.

Now, I'm gonna slow down because this might be going too fast for you. Please read carefully. Everyone I have ever known has never made use of a receipt at a fast food restaurant.
some people have to show expenses , a receipt will have to be shown.

its good business practice to give receipts for every transaction.

Having studied technology (solid state electronics to be specific) in university, I understand that there has to be many poeple like you who just can't comprehend it.

comments like that just confirm your stupidity.

Okay guy, first, take a deep breath, now, I'm not sure you're going to be able to comprehend this. So read carefully, and try to concentrate. From reading some of your posts, you're thankful for things that are not rocket science or any intellectual challenge for that matter.

Having bought thousands of fast food meals, and NEVER needing a receipt, I question the necessity of requiring a receipt at a small fast food restaurant. I've had them get the order wrong a couple of times, to be sure, but never an argument. They just got it right the second time.

I hope you appreciate that I'm trying to make this as easy to understand for you as possible. I understand that you can't comprehend rocket science, as you said. That's okay icecubes. It's okay. Many people don't. Having studied technology (solid state electronics to be specific) in university, I understand that there has to be many poeple like you who just can't comprehend it.

It's okay. It's okay. You can be hovering around average intelligence and still not comprehend these things. It's okay icecubes. It's okay. :o

Spoken like the true dim wit you are.

Go back to your dreaming of who you would like to be when you grow up

Aren’t you a bit late for school today.

Hurry up the bus is out side. :D:D:D

Obviously your 'degree' hasnt improved your intelligence levels nor your common sense!!!

You have obviously NEVER been a business owner. I originally thought your original post to be humorous, however now I realise you are being serious..Which is even more hilarious!!!

Just imagine if your guest house owner where you stay on Khao San Rd was charging 250 baht per night. When you checked in the receptionist charged you 350 baht, pocketing the 100 baht. Would that be acceptable to you?

Reality check!!!!!!!!! :D

A couple of weeks ago I bought a subway sandwich from Tipp Plaza. The next day when I was going through my pocket I found that the receipt I had been given was for a 15 baht water rather than the 199 baht sandwich I ordered - an obvious staff fiddle.

This evening I went back and ordere another sandwich. I noticed a sign saying check your receipt if incorrect free 6 inch sub of your choice.

On receiving my sandwich initially the guy serving didn't hand over the receipt. I asked for it and in view of what happened the previous time I checked my receipt and surprise surprise it was for 15 baht water. I pointed this out to him and he immediately rang in another sale on the till for the correct 199 baht price.

I ponted out that the initial receipt was wrong and asked for my free 6 inch sub. This he refused to give me.

I went back to my motorcycle took out a pen and paper from the box and went back in the shop and wrote down the number to call if there are any problems.

When I was getting back on the bike the guy serving came racing out the shop and actually tried to punch me. I ducked put my bike in gear and left.

Is this typical of Subway?

I realize that Subway are one of the sponsers for this board. If anyone in a management position at Subway would like to pm me I will happily meet with them to discuss this mattyer in more detail.

I cannot believe this guy's behaviour.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We are a proud majority shareholder of six other Subway locations, but do not own the franchise at Tipp Plaza in Pattaya. I do know the two Franchise owners of this location and am forwarding this thread to them and the Development Director for Thailand.

On behalf, of all Subways Worldwide we sincerely apologize for this incident.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

First of all, why do you need a receipt for a subway sandwich?

Secondly, why are you willing to risk your own neck to expose a guy who's ripping off Subway? Let me just make this clear to you. You're not getting ripped off in any way.

Do you work in an office? Do you rat out a co-worker who takes a pen or stapler home?

You really don't know what's good for you. You're looking for trouble. And if you keep ratting out poor, crazy Thais for ripping off rich corporations, you will find that trouble sir.

A lot of Thai people (and especially working in Pattaya) have this mis-placed sense of entitlement to things they have not earned, or do not have the discipline to ever earn for themselves.

Your post and attitude just reinforces their stereotype of us being easy "marks" to rip off, or physically assault when they fail to do this.

The "trouble" really starts when you don't nip this mickey-mouse pilfering and attitude in the bud.

Evil flourishes when good people do nothing.

Just did the same thing...I also know the main Franchisee in Thailand and a scam like this should not pass unnoticed.

Thanks a lot to the OP to bring this scam to public. :o

on a side note...I also lways ask for a receipt, simply because I track all my expenses with MS money and having receipts makes life easier...

QUOTE(MisterFingers @ 2007-02-08 06:47:46)

some people have to show expenses , a receipt will have to be shown.

its good business practice to give receipts for every transaction.

comments like that just confirm your stupidity.

Fast food restaurants sometimes forget your order or deliver something that isn't ready to the table.

No receipt = no food! :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

how did we do today, well it was a hot day nobody wanted to eat, we sold

300 bottles of water and seem to have missplaced all the bread rolls and fillings

anyway must run my new car gets delivered today

The OP is/has done the right thing reporting this

Thanks for your support Sunbeltasia and your pm raro as well as o everybody else who has supported me on this thread.

I have e-mailed subway and asked that they contact the franchise owner regarding this matter.

I have just checked the receipts I recieved again and even the second receipt (the one for 199 baht) is annotated "receipt has been reprinted" and is actually from an earlier sale at 6:30 pm. (I was in the shop at midnight).

I will keep both receipts and will happily hand them over along with a detailed report of the incident if and when the franchisee contacts me.

I take exception to be treated like this when all I am doing is actually trying to spend money in somebody's business.

I have no qualms about standing up to this jerk - his behaviour was nothing short of disgusting and he could have caused me a serious injury had his fist connected.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We are a proud majority shareholder of six other Subway locations, but do not own the franchise at Tipp Plaza in Pattaya.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

What about the franchise we have here in Kandahar ? :D

How come we don't have a SubWay-Visa Forum ? Or would that be the Thai-Subway Forum ? :o

I am confused as I personally have never kept a reciept for food at any restaurant unless I was working, but this guy is so sad he checks his receipt for a sandwich? Either he is used to being ripped off - which is sad -but in this case he wasn't. I feel sorry for his missus everytime they go shopping, it must double their journey time as he has to check off every single item on his receipt. I am sorry but I think that is Icecubes is an EX TAX INSPECTOR. Cos this is fun town, where we have fun!

I am confused as I personally have never kept a reciept for food at any restaurant unless I was working, but this guy is so sad he checks his receipt for a sandwich? Either he is used to being ripped off - which is sad -but in this case he wasn't. I feel sorry for his missus everytime they go shopping, it must double their journey time as he has to check off every single item on his receipt. I am sorry but I think that is Icecubes is an EX TAX INSPECTOR. Cos this is fun town, where we have fun!

if you're idea of fun is getting ripped off, you are most welcome around here! :o

if you're idea of fun is getting ripped off, you are most welcome around here! :o

But did he get ripped off?

The guy was ripping off the store

which I don't approve of- and he should not of taken the action he did.

You must remember its Thailand, not Europe or America!

Yes he should be repremanded.

What I was saying was chill out...