housing complex property management

Is anyone able to direct me to a site that outlines procedures and responsibilities for a manager who arranges collection of fees for property management, maintenance, sinking fund etc.

I have seen that some housing developments are well managed whereas others leave a lot to be desired.

Is there any specific legislation in Thailand for such things?

Thailand was forced into developing The Condomium Act.It was a condition imposed on them as part of an IMF loan. They did it with some reluctance.

There is no legislation to cover non government walled estates.

I understand that some private walled estates have acquired Juristic Person status.

I have no detail as to the practical benefit of such an arrangement -aside from the obvious i.e the home owners are shielded  from external parties should the walled estate go bankrupt

Therefore in general terms you have to deal with the problems that you may face -with no support from the law.

thanks it is a pity no legal responsibilities

there are properties that banks have seized in foreclosure but they fail to maintain and pay management fees

no transparency whatsoever in accounts of management group

and many owners-especially those renting out for short term don't care about paying management fees

one would think it normal to have some legislation as is the case in other countries

You can take the banks (and other owners) to court for the unpaid fees which are a civil debt. Of course doing that might be slow and expensive but just the written threat of court action may get them to pay up.

If the management company cant produce proper accounts you can replace them, though the replacement will probably not be much better.

Your best bet is to find one or more honest farang owners who are prepared to look at the accounts every week and to inspect/verify every single thing the management does on behalf of the other owners. Anything less is just asking for trouble.