What Pressure washer

bradda88

Hello all!

I’ve enjoyed reading your posts on pig farming. I am also a farmer and quiet lurker on the board. I’ve got a question; what brand of Pressure washer do you all recommend? How much should I spend? I’m looking to use one for cleaning the pig pens. I’m in the buriram/surin area, but could get from anywhere I guess.

Thanks,

david

Hello all!

I’ve enjoyed reading your posts on pig farming. I am also a farmer and quiet lurker on the board. I’ve got a question; what brand of Pressure washer do you all recommend? How much should I spend? I’m looking to use one for cleaning the pig pens. I’m in the buriram/surin area, but could get from anywhere I guess.

Thanks,

david

Just read your post - will check mine tomorrow morning and provide details.

I split this out of the "Pigs" thread, thought it would be a good general question and mabye get more replies this way.

All the washers I've ever owned just have'nt lasted that long with continual use. The Thai type with the seperate pump and motor on a frame seem pretty good, You get less pressure but the volume of water is higher than the pumps I've used. They are easy to fix and get spares for, the pump can be fitted to a tractor as well for mobile use.

Just read your post - will check mine tomorrow morning and provide details.

Khun naKON saWAN - I have 3 pics of your system. I can e-mail them to you and you can post if you desire.

rgds

David

I use a pressure plunge pump, Sanchin CU-350.

Pressure: 0-60kg/sq.cm

operation: 300-100 r.p.m.

Capacity: 12.7-42.4 L/min

Required Power: 1.5-3HP

I run this with a 3HP motor (double fan-belt driven).

The pump cost me 6,+++ baht in naKHON saWAN and the motor 3,900 baht (for the 3-phase version - single phase is normally slightly more expensive). The frame cost me 500 baht. I bought all pieces in the same shop and had them assemble it for me. It is excellent. I reckon, though, that 2HP would be sufficient.

I use the short sprayers as I find the high pressure makes the long sprayers less manageable. I drill out the too-small existing hole in the spray-head to allow greater water flow (making the hole just slightly larger).

Somtham, I'm attaching a photo taken of my pump taken by billd766. Please feel free to post the pictures you took also if any better.

post-38686-1170909649_thumb.jpg

Piston pump (which is what RDC is on about) - cheap - can be purchased at most ag and country hardware supply stores.

Mount it to a frame - stick a pully on and belt drive from any suitably powered single or three phase electric motor (also mounted to the frame), or even a small single single cylinder petrolengine (but will cost twice as much as electrity to run).

The ratio between pulleys will determine pressure and volume output.

The more you spend on the the piston pump to start with the longer it will last - because some of them can be absolute rubbish and others can be very good. Ceramic coated pistons will last well. Do not run them off water straight from a dam or muddy river - use a clean water source. 3 phase power always cheaper and more efficient to use but not always avalible and certainly not worth having installed just to run a power washer Thailand.

Having bought cheap electric tools made in China from Carrefour and never had a problem with them, I bought a power washer there for 1600 Baht complete and it works like a dream for all my household needs. Yes, I dream as I walk by the "brand" name tools at Homepro.

The pressure is great, two nozzle adjustments (sweep and point) and it will blast paint off the walls if put close enough. Certainly will blast off the loose stuff from a bad paint job.

Took three years of black of the driveway pavement which my hose wouldn't touch. My driveway looks new.

Cleans dried bird troppings, accumulated dirt and grease from car parts and dead and dried bugs from grille. Couldn't be happier with it. Long electric chord. Had to tie the sping actuating handle in place as my hand got tired pressing down on it. One of those "hold open" buttons would be nice.

My neighbor has a much more expensive one he bought at a hardware store in Thailand that has all the bells and whistles but works no better than mine. Mine is made mostly of plastic so who knows when it will break.

I will advise when it does. Six months and going strong now.

Would enjoy learning from those who use commercial quality machines what their advantages are. Certainly more pressure would not be safe around the house or car. I can see more pressure advantages if you can't get close to what you want to "blast".

My neighbor has a much more expensive one he bought at a hardware store in Thailand that has all the bells and whistles but works no better than mine. Mine is made mostly of plastic so who knows when it will break.

If it is the yellow one that looks like a vacuum cleaner, the first thing that will give in is the pressure sensor. That will leave it running constantly when switched on, potentially resulting in a hose break. Good for household use (washing the car etc) but I wouldn't recommend it for daily use (unless you buy ten of them and throw them away as they break).

Also, the connections will rust after some time making it difficult to disassemble the handle.

Edited by lingling

If it is the yellow one that looks like a vacuum cleaner, the first thing that will give in is the pressure sensor. That will leave it running constantly when switched on, potentially resulting in a hose break. Good for household use (washing the car etc) but I wouldn't recommend it for daily use (unless you buy ten of them and throw them away as they break).

Also, the connections will rust after some time making it difficult to disassemble the handle.

Quite possible but have you had more than one do the things your are speaking of. I don't expect much out of appliances for the home and they are rarely made for repair. Price is low accordingly.

I spent 15 K for top of the line water pump from Mitusbishi and it pressure regulator has been replaced four times in five years.

I agree, as I posted, that if daily use is anticipated or close approach to "blast object" is not possible, perhaps a more expensive model is the way to go.

Quite possible but have you had more than one do the things your are speaking of. I don't expect much out of appliances for the home and they are rarely made for repair. Price is low accordingly.

Yup, went through a few of them over a couple of years. But I think I paid B1800. Cheap enough anyway, for home use it is good enough to run it until it breaks and then throw away. But maybe not very economical for farming if you have to get a new one every month... :o

I spent 15 K for top of the line water pump from Mitusbishi and it pressure regulator has been replaced four times in five years.

Do you have very hard water, or any possibility that you have particles (sand etc) in the water?

I agree, as I posted, that if daily use is anticipated or close approach to "blast object" is not possible, perhaps a more expensive model is the way to go.

Yup, that fixed piston pump someone posted above seems to be a pretty sturdy thing. 3HP should be enough for cutting planks with the water...

Yup, that fixed piston pump someone posted above seems to be a pretty sturdy thing. 3HP should be enough for cutting planks with the water...

Konwan has a great setup for cleaning the pig pens once or twice a day in short order. There are hoses in each pig pen run from the same pump so you don't have to drag a hose around. Move to another pen, pick up another hose. Very simple. A pump like ProThai has is probably good for doing routine household chores for keeping things clean. Probably like one I need!

Here's a few pics of Konwan's system.

rgds

Konwan has a great setup for cleaning the pig pens once or twice a day in short order. There are hoses in each pig pen run from the same pump so you don't have to drag a hose around. Move to another pen, pick up another hose. Very simple. A pump like ProThai has is probably good for doing routine household chores for keeping things clean. Probably like one I need!

Here's a few pics of Konwan's system.

rgds

Thanks Somtham - nice pics.

Hey Thanks everyone!

This gives me something to think about. Nice barn Konwan.

I'm a bit electrically challenged, so I'll have to come up with something temporarily until thats settled.

Sorry for the late reply, seems I'm a bit satalite challenged as well. Since I'm looking for a dedicated Crap blaster, Konwans system is super cool, plus I've got spare motors. The hoses in each pen is what grabs me, after setup it's easy(I hate dragin' the hoses). Well I've got more electric coming soon.

So.... what do you guys think about outdoor free run pigs?? any thoughts? It's coming up lately in conversation. I don't do it now but am thinking about it. Got some spare rai and fencing. I've seen photos but have not been to a farm personally that does it. Just wondering...

Thanks again,

david

Free running pigs are much much more prone to parasites than concrete slab raised pigs....or so I've been told. Does anyone have any comments on this? This is a concern for me because I do eat raw pork from time to time.

Chownah

Edited by chownah

David

I see (via the Internet) plenty of other farms (overseas anyway) raising pigs outdoors so wouldn't envision any major problems. I do not think, however, that their growth rates would be as fast as those raised indoors. I'd guess that parasites would be a greater problem since waste is likely to be left uncollected longer but regular deworming should take care of this. Electric fences are probably your best bet.

David

I see (via the Internet) plenty of other farms (overseas anyway) raising pigs outdoors so wouldn't envision any major problems. I do not think, however, that their growth rates would be as fast as those raised indoors. I'd guess that parasites would be a greater problem since waste is likely to be left uncollected longer but regular deworming should take care of this. Electric fences are probably your best bet.

I agree...I take deworming pills every so often even if I don't get the "itch". If I do this does it take care of all parasites that I might contract from eating raw pork?

Chownah

David

I agree...I take deworming pills every so often even if I don't get the "itch". If I do this does it take care of all parasites that I might contract from eating raw pork?

Chownah

Chownah

I meant deworming the pigs. I wouldn't profess much knowledge on human dewormers but would certainly take them were I to eat raw pork (which I don't).

David

Chownah

Chownah

I meant deworming the pigs. I wouldn't profess much knowledge on human dewormers but would certainly take them were I to eat raw pork (which I don't).

So, are you recommending that since you don't know about human deworming pills that I should take pig deworming pills because you can vouch for their effectiveness?

Chownah

David

Chownah

Chownah

So, are you recommending that since you don't know about human deworming pills that I should take pig deworming pills because you can vouch for their effectiveness?

Chownah

Chownah

Try studying the English language and don't be so childish. No reply to this required.

David

Chownah

Chownah

Chownah

Chownah

Try studying the English language and don't be so childish. No reply to this is required.

David

Chownah

Chownah

Chownah

Chownah

Try studying the English language and don't be so childish. No reply to this is required.

Ok, then, I will. No reply to this is required.

David

Chownah

Chownah

Chownah

Chownah

Try studying the English language and don't be so childish. No reply to this required.

OK, then, I will. No reply to this required.